MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

5 hours ago, Makerak said:

Damn I just got off an interview with RISD.  I totally feel you now. So nervous, felt i did pretty shit. Their interview was only 10 minutes long so I felt super rushed :( and probably came off cold and antagnostic

Afterwards, I thought of many ways to answer better for pretty much all of the questions. Fkkkkkkkk me :( 

The struggle is real!! I had an hour long commute to work this morning which meant an hour of replaying the interview in my head and coming up with all the really profound things I should have/could have said. :( Ughhhhhhh.

3 hours ago, oscarmeyer said:

This forum has been a great source of info.

MICA Mount Royal - Interviewed 2/7

CMU - Interviewed 2/4

U of Cinci - Accepted w/o interview

Waiting to hear from: UCLA, UCI, VCU, and U of Washington.

Oh you already interviewed at Carnegie Mellon?  How were you notified by email?

Who knows what percentage of interviewers get in ? How many painters are in each upcoming semester ? For hunter that is...  it’s my dream school I can’t pass this opportunity #freakingouttillmarch10

6 hours ago, Kvir said:

The struggle is real!! I had an hour long commute to work this morning which meant an hour of replaying the interview in my head and coming up with all the really profound things I should have/could have said. :( Ughhhhhhh.

What RISD program did you apply to? I have heard back yet for GD

7 hours ago, Kvir said:

Dont understand why RISD only allocates 10 minutes either. They have to be the shortest school I think

Has anyone here had an interview with Hunter before? I am curious what kind of questions they might ask... they said there would be an email on Feb. 22nd about what we need for the interview.

I had to sign up for a Skype interview because I am going to be out of the country for the in person interviews!

Any illustrator out there?

I got interviewed by MICA but still haven't heard from SVA, Syracuse, Umass Dartmouth and Pratt (For Pratt I applied communications design)

I wonder if these schools have interviews or not. So nervous!

On 2/13/2018 at 9:20 PM, etter said:

I got accepted at UW-Madison (after an interview), but I applied in ceramics. I'm fairly certain each of their departments reviews and admits separately, so they are all on different timelines. I've heard of people getting accepted there as late as mid-March (in previous years) - so I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard for painting and printmaking yet. Good luck!

I got an interview with Cranbrook in painting, and I also got accepted to UW-Madison in printmaking but no funding, which kinda sucks. Do most schools do interviews because i didn't have one for UW-Madison.