MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

On 2/7/2018 at 2:13 PM, jailcowboy said:

I am also interested in this. Interviewing at SAIC and Yale as of now. Rejected from CalArts

Congratulations for interviewing at SAIC and Yale, same here, I will have my interview at SAIC on Feb 17, but I got my rejection from Yale. How do u know that u r rejected by CalArts, through E-mail or what? because I have not heard anything from them.

Edited by theway

38 minutes ago, theway said:

Congratulations for interviewing at SAIC and Yale, same here, I will have my interview at SAIC on Feb 17, but I got my rejection from Yale. How do u know that u r rejected by CalArts, through E-mail or what? because I have not heard anything from them.

Check your promotional folders folks -- my CalArts interview invite from 3 days ago was sitting there.

Edited by ackno

Ever since I put my email on my portfolio website I have been indundated with spam emails. Everything from hookups, big dick pills, loans, to You Won the Lottery!!!! 

The worse part is I'm afraid legit emails were sent to spam so I have to check each email manually, frustrating to no end!

Edited by Makerak

11 minutes ago, theway said:

what is this "promotional folders"?

Oh, I use Gmail and it automatically divides my email between "Primary," "Social," and "Promotions." So I didn't realize I had a CalArts interview invite until I searched 'CalArts' in my gmail just now and realized it had sorted it as though it was an advertisement.

1 hour ago, ackno said:

Oh, I use Gmail and it automatically divides my email between "Primary," "Social," and "Promotions." So I didn't realize I had a CalArts interview invite until I searched 'CalArts' in my gmail just now and realized it had sorted it as though it was an advertisement.

yeah if you go into settings you can turn that off

6 hours ago, theway said:

My friend got an interview at CalArts and I had not heard anything. I called to ask about my status since I had received no update at this point. They said if I had not received  an invitation at this point I had likely been rejected. 

On 2/11/2018 at 8:53 AM, charoarte said:

So what do you guys think between going to a school that’s free plus stipend with assistanships but three years, compared to going to a two year college that you have to pay for but maybe more prestigious? Say hunter, temple or pafa, vs LSU, UDel, or UF ? 

I would not take out loans to pursue an MFA is my advice or try not to. It can be a financial nightmare. If you do make sure you have a plan. Because nothing is guaranteed. I know a lot of people who went to more "prestigious" school and hate that they had to take out loans. Esp. grad loans that have  6.8 interest on them. And I think there are a lot of great public/ private programs that are free and the alumni are usually just as successful as others. I am not saying don't do it if you want to but there is a difference between having like 80,000+ over your head after graduation vs. not having any debt from grad school.

12 minutes ago, icw said:

I would not take out loans to pursue an MFA is my advice or try not to. It can be a financial nightmare. If you do make sure you have a plan. Because nothing is guaranteed. I know a lot of people who went to more "prestigious" school and hate that they had to take out loans. Esp. grad loans that have  6.8 interest on them. And I think there are a lot of great public/ private programs that are free and the alumni are usually just as successful as others. I am not saying don't do it if you want to but there is a difference between having like 80,000+ over your head after graduation vs. not having any debt from grad school.

Hey! I applied to UF too! are you a painter ? Right it seems silly... also I've been talking to students at LSU and faculty and they are very excited to have me and are soo nice.  It seems like a great environment be in. 

Has anyone heard from Hunter? Specialization in painting. I've read through these and people are not sure what's going on? They might be on a later schedule? Their website says you should hear back by mid March so I might be overreacting with all of you hearing from your schools ?. 

Let me know if anyone has heard from painting program at hunter ! Ty

24 minutes ago, charoarte said:

Hey! I applied to UF too! are you a painter ? Right it seems silly... also I've been talking to students at LSU and faculty and they are very excited to have me and are soo nice.  It seems like a great environment be in. 

Yeah! I am a painter I applied to a bunch of Florida schools after I found out how much money they offer their students. I am pretty excited about USF right now. It seems like an awesome program. LSU is  a great school.And Baton Rouge seems pretty cool. I thought about applying there this year.

On 2/8/2018 at 2:54 PM, AndrewN said:

Yes, I got an email on January 24th from the admissions office letting me know they have all my letters and that my app is complete. Good Luck!

i got that info but was curious to see if anyone had heard back about interviews. and thanks! good luck to you too!

37 minutes ago, rebkhan said:

Seems like people have gotten rejections from hunter but not interviews?

this is what Ive been reading too... except someone here got an interview for sculpting? No one in particular for painting so I am curious as well.