MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

10 hours ago, Paintyface said:

Is anyone graduating from their BFA in June? I keep being rejected and am wondering if the fact that I am applying whilst completing my undergrad is working against me. Could this be a factor?

Throughout my portfolio reviews, tours and meetings professors always asked when I graduated from undergrad (2015). Graduate programs want you to take time off to prove you can make your own work. Many people consider your undergraduate work and thesis as a product of your school. They want to see if you can produce work in the "real world" and what that work will look like. I bet your acceptance rate will be much higher in a few years. The most important thing is to just keep making work! :)

11 hours ago, Paintyface said:

Is anyone graduating from their BFA in June? I keep being rejected and am wondering if the fact that I am applying whilst completing my undergrad is working against me. Could this be a factor?

I applied in 2016 as I was graduating in April, and was summarily rejected from all but one of the schools I applied to. However, looking back on it, I was incredibly overworked from internships, part time job, thesis dissertation and school finals. I had an idea of what I wanted to pursue in grad school but to be honest, I am glad I took the time to really consider what direction I wanted to take and actually do it vs figuring it all out during grad school.

With that said, I have enjoyed making art and writing without all of the background noise of undergrad commitments. Sure, I still have to work and such, but I am much more focused now and a much better candidate this year than I was two years ago.

If grad school doesn't happen this year, know that if you keep pushing and keep working, next year you will be an even better candidate! Best of luck with your applications!

Image result for you got this gif

Hi y'all! 

I just spent an hour reading through all these posts ?

I applied to:

U of O - Fiber and Printmaking

Tyler School of Art - Fibers and Materials Studies

Cranbrook Academy of Art -Fiber

No word from anyone yet (other than from Tyler regarding my transcript from community college and Cranbrook reminding me to apply for financial aid).

WAITING IS HARD! 

Anyone hear from U of O to schedule an interview yet?

...I've been lurking on here for the past couple months.

I got an invitation to interview with UCI yesterday and was accepted at UTK this week as well (Still waiting on UCR, UMASS and FSU). I am honestly just relieved that I got in somewhere.

Edited by whatever4311

1 hour ago, jbart18 said:

applied to four schools for MFA in painting.

got an interview at Yale (march 1), rejected from Rutgers. still waiting on Hunter and Columbia. 

anyone hear from them yet? guessing it will take some time

Congrats on the Yale interview! I have no idea what’s going on with Hunter. Some people have received rejections and others haven’t heard anything. It seems like they have a couple of rounds of rejections but I’m getting a little impatient...lol. I just want to know one way or the other! ?

Hey all! 

I’ve applied to MFA Ceramic programs at 

University of Oregon, Boulder Colorado, Reno Nevada, Minnesota (twin cities), and Edinboro Uni

Anyone here back from any of these? I’ve got no emails, calls, and online they all say awaiting department decision or under review. 

I’m not freakin out, but I’m freaking out!

Congrats to those that have interviews or have been accepted so far! 

42 minutes ago, Lowfire815 said:

Hey all! 

I’ve applied to MFA Ceramic programs at 

University of Oregon, Boulder Colorado, Reno Nevada, Minnesota (twin cities), and Edinboro Uni

Anyone here back from any of these? I’ve got no emails, calls, and online they all say awaiting department decision or under review. 

I’m not freakin out, but I’m freaking out!

Congrats to those that have interviews or have been accepted so far! 

I also applied to the MFA Ceramics programs at CU Boulder and UMN, and also haven't heard anything from them.... I am dying to hear something (especially from UMN, as they say on their website: "finalists and alternate canidates will be notified of their status in early February."

!!!

11 minutes ago, haunted cornfield said:

I am waiting on U of Oregon- Eugene and UCLA now. Anyone else?

I am also waiting for UCLA (painting). A student of UCLA said she recieved the interview email in mid-Feb, so hopefully we can expect it to come soon. 

8 minutes ago, etter said:

I also applied to the MFA Ceramics programs at CU Boulder and UMN, and also haven't heard anything from them.... I am dying to hear something (especially from UMN, as they say on their website: "finalists and alternate canidates will be notified of their status in early February."

!!!

Right?? I feel like maybe we have 1 more week not to freak too bad. Maybe? It’s kind of become an obsession for me to check the application portals and mail box now.