MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

3 hours ago, Twin Infinitives said:

Any idea when SVA will start contacting? Specifically Photography, Video and Related Media?

I applied to this program too, have not heard back yet.

I've heard from Boston U and received an interview in painting. Anyone else bummed about IU Bloomington not taking painters?

As a side note for anyone looking for last second apps to send out, the MFA at the program where I am for my BFA (Edinboro University PA)  is still open until March and is a great figurative painting program. Faculty includes graduates of Yale, SVA, BU, Cornell, Syracuse, NYAA and Berkeley. Guaranteed tuition waiver+ GA with stipend. It's really unheard of which I think is a shame. 

Also still open for print, metals and sculpture.

http://www.edinboro.edu/academics/schools-and-departments/graduate-studies/programs/painting/

peep myself and some of the current painters on the gram 

Benfrederickart

Bradleympaintings

Shane_eugene

yurie.h.1221

7 hours ago, ackno said:

I'm such an incredible idiot. I missed the Bard financial aid application deadline by a week. I just submitted my FAFSA to my whole list but by the 2 or 3 days from now that it's processed and sent it'll be ~10 days late. And their website says 90% of MFA students receive scholarships or fellowships. For some reason I had it in my head that it was the 15th, I think I had it confused with CalArts.

I guess my list of hopefuls is now SAIC, CalArts, Duke, Brooklyn, SVA, and Bard . I hate myself. The program there seems so unique and has one of my favorite filmmakers as a teacher.

:(

(all this quite possibly erroneously assuming I'm even going to get an interview much less an acceptance there lol)

From what I know of Bard they are a really small intimate program with 3 admins in the MFA office. If you are worried about the late submission of your FASFA I would email Elizabeth Marshall at mfaadmissions@bard.edu. There may be a chance that your FASFA can still be considered for Aid if you get in. 

On 2/6/2018 at 8:53 AM, darsenbehelm said:

?  - still waiting to hear back from UCLA, UCSB and USF!! 

REJECTED Yale 

I got a call from USF and they said that they are into my work. And they will call me next week about funding. I think you will hear from them soon,

Edited by icw

1 hour ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

From what I know of Bard they are a really small intimate program with 3 admins in the MFA office. If you are worried about the late submission of your FASFA I would email Elizabeth Marshall at mfaadmissions@bard.edu. There may be a chance that your FASFA can still be considered for Aid if you get in. 

Thanks for all the words folks. I've calmed down from my obnoxious 4:30AM hysterics.

33 minutes ago, haunted cornfield said:

Question: If you are invited to interview anywhere, how good are your odds of actually getting into that program for most grad schools? You obviously are a finalist, but how many places have people interviewed at in the past and still been rejected? 

I am also interested in this. Interviewing at SAIC and Yale as of now. Rejected from CalArts

16 minutes ago, thirdtimesthecharm said:

I think Columbia's interview requests have already gone out, but yea no word from Hunter for me either. It looks like from previous years there are rounds of rejections on different days. Maybe alphabetical? 

Columbia interviews already gone out because of people saying the got them or?

17 minutes ago, jailcowboy said:

I am also interested in this. Interviewing at SAIC and Yale as of now. Rejected from CalArts

Speaking from no authority other than knowing someone who once taught at SAIC Film/Video, I've heard that they (at least Film/Video) are an "Accept many, offer scholarships to few" type of program. He told me the interview is mostly a 'get to know you' thing. And I imagine a 'make sure you're not an asshole' thing. So not to get any hopes up since maybe things have changed since he's been there and I'm not sure entirely how well adjunct faculty have a concept of admissions particulars anyway, but for Film/Video at least it seems like he's telling me Interview invites (can) bode well for acceptances.

Edited by ackno