MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

18 minutes ago, apollonia666 said:

Hi! Anyone know if Columbia ever calls more people after the initial calls are made to a department (i applied for painting)? Assuming not, but just wondering for closure’s sake.

Me too...

13 hours ago, agaldonab said:

Thank you! Got a call yesterday.

Just out of curiosity did they ask you for an interview at all? I have not heard anything from them. I think they're moving onto other applicants.

Hey everyone !

So this is my first time applying for an MFA program and I was curious about the interview process. I haven’t herd anything from two programs and I know one of them sent out interview requests back in January . I have read on other forums, for other programs, about people getting admitted without interviews, but I wasn’t sure how that translates to the MFA admission process. Any insight would be helpful . 

2 hours ago, a_photo said:

Hey everyone! 

I'm waiting to hear from Hunter, Columbia, NYU, Purchase, UAlbany and Syracuse all for photo. Already got rejected from Yale!

Anyone know when these schools might be calling or emailing?

Congrats to everyone that got calls/ interviews so far!!

:)

I'm waiting on Syracuse as well!! I'm assuming they'll start to get results out early next month? Although I really hope it's before then!!! 

37 minutes ago, Shucht said:

Hey everyone !

So this is my first time applying for an MFA program and I was curious about the interview process. I haven’t herd anything from two programs and I know one of them sent out interview requests back in January . I have read on other forums, for other programs, about people getting admitted without interviews, but I wasn’t sure how that translates to the MFA admission process. Any insight would be helpful . 

Which programs are you waiting to hear back from?

7 minutes ago, Nadds092 said:

Which programs are you waiting to hear back from?

I’m waiting to hear from UChicago (I’ve read they sent out interview invites back in January ) and UIC . 

First time actually posting! 

Photo MFA - only applied to SAIC and Syracuse

-interviewing on campus at SAIC on the 17th, hope to meet some of you in Chicago!!! and still haven't heard anything from Syracuse. 

Be kind to yourselves! This is intense and taxing stuff. : )

ps. I went to VCU for undergrad and live in Richmond so if any of you have questions I'm happy to help!

Edited by Nadds092

5 minutes ago, haunted cornfield said:

Waiting on UCLA, Hunter, UO-Eugene, and Calarts. - Anyone know anything about a timeline for when I might hear back from these schools? 

I wish I knew....anyone heard anything from Rutgers..?

2 hours ago, Nadds092 said:

First time actually posting! 

Photo MFA - only applied to SAIC and Syracuse

-interviewing on campus at SAIC on the 17th, hope to meet some of you in Chicago!!! and still haven't heard anything from Syracuse. 

Be kind to yourselves! This is intense and taxing stuff. : )

ps. I went to VCU for undergrad and live in Richmond so if any of you have questions I'm happy to help!

Would be down to meet up! I’m in town the 15th through 18th.

Hey all, 

First time posting, first year applying. I was recently very surprised to get an interview in person at SAIC and at Yale (Painting). Does anyone know much the interview process for either of these schools? Both schools were specific to an extent about what they want you to bring. I heard rumor Yale wants you to bring all new work, is this true? 

Also, does anyone know when I might hear back about interviews from these schools?

RISD

CalArts

UCLA

UT Austin

VCU

Thank you to everyone and best of luck. Do not forget that this is an arbitrary process!

17 minutes ago, Makerak said:

Has anyone heard anything from RISD Lol? 

Based on last year's forum a MFA painting applicant for RISD was notified for an interview on Feb 23rd, not sure if it'll be the same this year!

Where are the rejections?

where have you received rejections from so far??

can anyone give a definitive answer on the process. Why wouldn’t schools also release rejections as they release interviews? Is the mythical acceptance without an interview really a thing or just a rumor of the hopeful? Tiered interview request? Staggered interview request?

Edited by MFAAFM

7 minutes ago, MFAAFM said:

Where are the rejections?

where have you received rejections from so far??

can anyone give a definitive answer on the process. Why wouldn’t schools also release rejections as they release interviews? Is the mythical acceptance without an interview really a thing or just a rumor of the hopeful? Tiered interview request? Staggered interview request?

Acceptance without interview??? Is this a thing? Please don't taunt me :D

I'm assuming I was rejected from Berkeley and Columbia as I did not receive interviews for either.

6 minutes ago, Paintyface said:

Acceptance without interview??? Is this a thing? Please don't taunt me :D

I'm assuming I was rejected from Berkeley and Columbia as I did not receive interviews for either.

Doesn’t that sound like a stretch?...I heard of that in this forum I think a couple post up...

1 hour ago, TheBarnOwl said:

Based on last year's forum a MFA painting applicant for RISD was notified for an interview on Feb 23rd, not sure if it'll be the same this year!

For my program they notifed on Feb 2nd 3rd last year. Then I read someone got notified on Feb 25th the year before.

Seriously hope last year was an anamoly, somewhat reassured no one has heard anything either.  

Given their deadline, they sure are slow AF

Edited by Makerak

23 minutes ago, rebkhan said:

Hey! New poster. Wondering if anyone has heard from Columbia sculpture? I applied to Columbia Yale and hunter and I have an interview at Yale so far. All sculpture. Thanks!

i am in the exact same boat

no new from anywhere but yale for sculpture/new media