MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

On 2/7/2018 at 8:07 PM, charoarte said:

yeah, it helps.. I'm just at the point where I cannot believe that so many people have heard back and I haven't you know.... it's okay I guess it keeps the suspense going and I'm not yet out of the game.  I have applied for rutgers, temple, pafa, hunter, Udel, LSU, UF ... 

I also haven't heard anything from Hunter (painting MFA) yet. I did get the pro forma "check your status" rejection from Yale though, so I know my inbox is capable of receiving it, ha. Let me know if you hear anything! I was under the impression, based on previous years, that Hunter's interview invites go out the 15th, so that was the date looming in my head until now.

43 minutes ago, slickjaketheruler said:

When does everyone typically fill out the FAFSA? Do some schools request you do it before you get accepted? 

I just filled out my FASFA yesterday, all you need is your 2016 tax info so there really isn't any reason to wait! It took me like 10 minutes, super easy :) I guess it might take a little longer if you haven't filed before but I'd say the sooner the better!

Hello, everyone! First time posting!

Does anyone heard from  

Parsons, Design and Technology / SVA, Interaction Design RISD, Graphic Design ??

After submitting my portfolio, I have printed description for preparing the interview, and I found lots of typoes, so I feel I'm already screwed...?

I couldn't found them checking before submitting. I know...it's my fault...

Anyway, anyone hears from yet?

Hope everyone gets the great result!

Edited by babamba

14 minutes ago, babamba said:

Hello, everyone! First time posting!

Does anyone heard from  

Parsons, Design and Technology / SVA, Interaction Design RISD, Graphic Design ??

After submitting my portfolio, I have printed description for preparing the interview, and I found lots of typoes, so I feel I'm already screwed...?

I couldn't found them checking before submitting. I know...it's my fault...

Anyway, anyone hears from yet?

Hope everyone gets the great result!

Hi! I have an interview with Parsons in half an hour for the MFA photography program! Also next week for SVA, specifically social documentary film. Still didn't hear back from RISD though

On 7/2/2018 at 11:53 PM, cklos said:

Let's trade details here. I received an interview request for photo at SAIC on February 2nd. When did you receive an interview from SVA? And what program did you apply to at SVA? I think I must have gotten rejected from SVA...

SVA Social documentary film, got the mail three days ago and will have the interview next Monday. Which program did you apply at SAIC? Studio photography?

On 2/7/2018 at 5:53 PM, cklos said:

Let's trade details here. I received an interview request for photo at SAIC on February 2nd. When did you receive an interview from SVA? And what program did you apply to at SVA? I think I must have gotten rejected from SVA...

Looks like last year's interview notices for photo were sent out around March 2nd. I'm waiting for Photography, Video and Related Media.

19 minutes ago, Guadalupe said:

SVA Social documentary film, got the mail three days ago and will have the interview next Monday. Which program did you apply at SAIC? Studio photography?

I applied for Studio Photography MFA at SAIC.

10 minutes ago, Twin Infinitives said:

Looks like last year's interview notices for photo were sent out around March 2nd. I'm waiting for Photography, Video and Related Media.

Ah ok, cool. We're in the same boat.

23 minutes ago, Guadalupe said:

Hi! I have an interview with Parsons in half an hour for the MFA photography program! Also next week for SVA, specifically social documentary film. Still didn't hear back from RISD though

Maybe those programs aren't starting interview yet.

Thank you for the reply!

Anyone feeling nauseous about the exorbitant tuition costs at some of these schools? Does anyone plan on working outside of the school during their two/three years? Do you feel that you'll be able to pay off 50-100k of debt in your lifetime?

An older Jerry Saltz shakedown:

http://www.vulture.com/2014/12/we-need-to-reconsider-art-school.html

Not a Troemel superfan, but definitely worth a read as well:

http://dismagazine.com/discussion/32434/brad-troemel-mfa-critiques/

Edited by Twin Infinitives

39 minutes ago, Twin Infinitives said:

Anyone feeling nauseous about the exorbitant tuition costs at some of these schools? Does anyone plan on working outside of the school during their two/three years? Do you feel that you'll be able to pay off 50-100k of debt in your lifetime?

An older Jerry Saltz shakedown:

http://www.vulture.com/2014/12/we-need-to-reconsider-art-school.html

GA and TA all the way 

22 hours ago, charoarte said:

PAINTING! 

Awesome! My experience with the painting program specifically is limited to a couple undergrad intro courses, but feel free to DM me if you have any questions about LSU! 

just got an interview for Cranbrook in the photo MFA program. for anyone whose been through this before is this unusual? i thought they were one of the few non-interview schools... maybe they are changing that this year? also anyone heard from CalArts yet?

5 hours ago, Lowfire815 said:

Hey all! 

I’ve applied to MFA Ceramic programs at 

University of Oregon, Boulder Colorado, Reno Nevada, Minnesota (twin cities), and Edinboro Uni

Anyone here back from any of these? I’ve got no emails, calls, and online they all say awaiting department decision or under review. 

I’m not freakin out, but I’m freaking out!

Congrats to those that have interviews or have been accepted so far! 

I also applied to Edinboro, but for sculpture. Nothing yet! 

Good luck!

27 minutes ago, quickpic said:

just got an interview for Cranbrook in the photo MFA program. for anyone whose been through this before is this unusual? i thought they were one of the few non-interview schools... maybe they are changing that this year? also anyone heard from CalArts yet?

I got the email Monday about being Invited to Interview March 8th for CalArts Photo and Media MFA