MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

2 hours ago, booksandprints said:

Just received a rejection email from UMN Twin Cities. Thankful that I’ve finally heard from somebody, hopeful that the news won’t be the same from the rest of the schools. ?

@booksandprints did they update your application status online as well? I haven't heard anything from them, and my status still says "Awaiting Program Decision". I know someone else in this thread was waitlisted so I'm not very hopeful at this point. Really wish these schools were more transparent with their timelines!

Good luck with the rest of your applications!

18 minutes ago, Makerak said:

Just got an interview from RISD for digital+media . Interview is on the day after tomorrow. wtf!

whoa.. i assume everyone is going to fly to the interviews if youre out of state.. but what kind of notice is that. What are your plans?

6 minutes ago, milkman said:

whoa.. i assume everyone is going to fly to the interviews if youre out of state.. but what kind of notice is that. What are your plans?

Its a Skype interview so logistics are relatively.... ok, still though that notice is something....

plans – deep breaths for now!!

Edited by Makerak

4 hours ago, booksandprints said:

Just received a rejection email from UMN Twin Cities. Thankful that I’ve finally heard from somebody, hopeful that the news won’t be the same from the rest of the schools. ?

Saaaaame. I got really excited when I first saw the email, but turned out I was rejected. Only 7 out of 105! There’s still time for the rest!! Good luck!

2 hours ago, ipaintandipout said:

@booksandprints did they update your application status online as well? I haven't heard anything from them, and my status still says "Awaiting Program Decision". I know someone else in this thread was waitlisted so I'm not very hopeful at this point. Really wish these schools were more transparent with their timelines!

Good luck with the rest of your applications!

Application status online is still unchanged. Thank you, and best of luck to you as well!

Rejected for the SAIC MFA but an offer to be considered instead for their post baccalaureate program? Is this common for schools? Sounds cool...but with other acceptances under my belt...it seems...Iunno...I guess I see the pros and cons