Medieval Applicants (2018)

gnossienne n.3

1 hour ago, FrankJEspin said:

Got the Notre Dame email today saying I was one of the strongest candidates but ultimately not the right fit. Stings a little but I'll make it. 

I am so sorry! Worst case scenario tho, you'll be attending Michigan and that's an excellent program. Not too shabby. 

Edited by jos123

11 hours ago, telkanuru said:

I was substantially less broken up about being rejected from ND after visiting South Bend :lol:

Yep. As a current ND student, I can say you never really learn to enjoy living in a cold, dumpy rustbelt wasteland; you just learn to tolerate it. South Bend isn't God's country, folks. 

Edited by plugandsocket

19 hours ago, plugandsocket said:

Yep. As a current ND student, I can say you never really learn to enjoy living in a cold, dumpy rustbelt wasteland; you just learn to tolerate it. South Bend isn't God's country, folks. 

Madison is more lively, but the weather gets equally tiresome. I'm told that there's this thing called grass, but I haven't seen it in weeks.

7 hours ago, FrankJEspin said:

I got into Brown! 

I had a feeling, after hearing some things around the office in Jan. Let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to seeing you in March!

(By the way, there's a medieval graduate conference here on visiting weekend, just FYI!)

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, plugandsocket said:

Ah, yes, I vaguely remember something called "sunshine" but it's all a bit hazy

I've come to believe sunshine is the result of mass delusion.