SSHRC Doctoral Award/CGS (funding for 2018-2019)

PsychBoy

Yup it is the public announcement of who won. I received SSHRC last year (found out in May 2018) and the letter said I wasn't supposed to advertise that I had the funding until the public announcement was made. 

On 1/31/2019 at 3:27 PM, TBay said:

So when you are looking at the statistics posted and choose the 2018-2019 year and it shows how many awards went out, is this for those who put in their applications in 2017 and are receiving them in 2018/2019? 

Yes, it's not for us, it's the winners for 2018-2019. 

• 1 month later...

I received a notification at the beginning of March that I was awarded a doctoral award for 2018/2019 and 2019/2020. I was waitlisted for the 2018/19 competition and I had no hopes of receiving it, but somehow I got it! 

I also didn't make it out of the school for the 2019 competition with the exact same application - just goes to show you its a crapshoot and not to give up hope if you're waitlisted! 

Also, does anyone know how common it is to get off waitlist? I truly didn't think it happened until it happened to me...

2 hours ago, roram said:

I received a notification at the beginning of March that I was awarded a doctoral award for 2018/2019 and 2019/2020. I was waitlisted for the 2018/19 competition and I had no hopes of receiving it, but somehow I got it! 

I also didn't make it out of the school for the 2019 competition with the exact same application - just goes to show you its a crapshoot and not to give up hope if you're waitlisted! 

Also, does anyone know how common it is to get off waitlist? I truly didn't think it happened until it happened to me...

Wow, that’s early! Where do you live? I did not get any news for now.

20 hours ago, roram said:

Congrats!! I was also wait listed but haven't heard anything. i contacted SSHRC but I was like #60 on the list so didn't have any hopes at all. I did make it out of school for 2019/2020 so hoping I get something this year!

19 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Wow, that’s early! Where do you live? I did not get any news for now.

I think that was for last year's people who were waitlisted if I'm not mistake.  We won't get results until end of April.

1 minute ago, TBay said:

I think that was for last year's people who were waitlisted if I'm not mistake.  We won't get results until end of April.

Oh I see! Yeah I was telling myself that is very early! Thanks for your answer.

congrats roram!

• 1 month later...