SIPA Early Application Thread

yellina122

2 hours ago, yellina122 said:

@Tk2356 FAFSA isn't necessary for merit-based aid ( I don't think) but it's definitely necessary for any need-based aid. I'm also fairly certain it's required. It doesn't take super long to fill out, so I highly recommend you submit it if you can!

Do you know where it says it’s required? I don’t remember seeing that anywhere.

32 minutes ago, wittgensteinsbladder said:

Do you know where it says it’s required? I don’t remember seeing that anywhere.

Well, the email SIPA sent to me today states:

When making fellowship decisions, SIPA takes into account academic achievement, professional credentials, and financial need. Most of the information we need, you have already submitted on your application for admission, but the one additional item you should complete for full consideration is the FAFSA. The information collected from the FAFSA will also be used to determine your eligibility for student loans and possible work study jobs.

Note the "also" in the last sentence means that the FAFSA is required in federal loan consideration, not just need-based scholarships. I fell like they definitely mentioned it in the application itself, but i submitted for the Jan 5th deadline so I don't have access.

• 2 weeks later...