2018 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

zam330

4 hours ago, darkstar said:

Has anyone heard anything from New Mexico Tech?

Yes, I was officially accepted on 7Mar with a TA position and I had gone to their recruitment weekend. They said everyone had until April 1st to accept or decline.

anyone hear back from IGPMS at UCSB or ESS at UCI? I feel like (personally) I have a SUPER good shot at getting into UCSB, as I had a great interview before applying with my POI and I had been contacted multiple times by the department (in a positive way)... but I heard they haven't sent out anything yet to anyone SO I'm curious if anyone has heard back because I am going CRAZY waiting and don't know what to do lol

1 hour ago, majesstic said:

anyone hear back from IGPMS at UCSB or ESS at UCI? I feel like (personally) I have a SUPER good shot at getting into UCSB, as I had a great interview before applying with my POI and I had been contacted multiple times by the department (in a positive way)... but I heard they haven't sent out anything yet to anyone SO I'm curious if anyone has heard back because I am going CRAZY waiting and don't know what to do lol

I am also waiting for ESS at UCI as well. Would you mind telling who is your POI at UCI? For me, I am interested to work with Kathleen Johnson on Paleoclimatology. :)

17 hours ago, Ronnygeologist said:

I am also waiting for ESS at UCI as well. Would you mind telling who is your POI at UCI? For me, I am interested to work with Kathleen Johnson on Paleoclimatology. :)

My POI is Keith Moore, he's a Biogeochemical Oceanographer! Nervous I haven't heard back yet! Also saw you are waiting on UW and SAME so looks like we are both in the same boat?

10 hours ago, Yuming0521 said:

I decided to go to Scripps Institution of Oceanography. Anyone also go there?

Still no decision from SIO, I guess it is a reject. I have accepted a fully funded offer at West Virginia University. So happy with the research I will carry out there as I am already in correspondence with my advisor.

@student_s I thought that any schools I haven't heard back from were a rejection, but I just got an acceptance from Rutgers yesterday soooo... who knows lol

however, I suspect that I was on the "unofficial" waitlist and their top choice rejected them, so I got scooped up.

9 hours ago, student_s said:

Does anyone think that if you did not hear an update by now if it is a rejection, still in review or waitlist?

I was accepted yesterday to the University of Houston but as a non-thesis MS. I'm torn because it's a great school for oil/gas but I've also been accepted elsewhere as thesis MS and TA position for two years..

1 hour ago, Pegeo said:

I was accepted yesterday to the University of Houston but as a non-thesis MS. I'm torn because it's a great school for oil/gas but I've also been accepted elsewhere as thesis MS and TA position for two years..

Hmm... I rejected a funded RA position from UH a while ago, hopefully it goes to you but it doesn't look like it. Did you apply to geology or geophysics MS? Also btw, their stipend is rather low for a big city...

Edited by dataseis

On 2018/3/27 at 9:10 PM, Urb@n said:

Still no decision from SIO, I guess it is a reject. I have accepted a fully funded offer at West Virginia University. So happy with the research I will carry out there as I am already in correspondence with my advisor.

It's great. Wish you all the best at West Virginia.

On 3/28/2018 at 10:27 AM, student_s said:

Does anyone think that if you did not hear an update by now if it is a rejection, still in review or waitlist?

And if someone has any updates with UT Austin or Colorado school of mines?

I don't know if this is helpful but I got into UT Austin late February. Didn't apply to Mines, but good luck!

6 hours ago, GarbledGeyser said:

My POI at Berkeley just let me know that I'm being recommended for admission to their program. Currently freaking out.

Congrats! Have you been admitted to EPS program, right? we will likely be classmates! I'm still thinking about Scripps or Cal.