Fall 2018 CANADIAN clinical psychology

ContentFaces

32 minutes ago, Laur479 said:

SSHRC question - the status for one of the schools I applied to has not changed yet! Does this automatically mean that I did not receive SSHRC funding at this institution? 

Curious, where did you see that?  I just talked to the person responsible for SSHRC at my school, and she said results won't be out until later this month for doctoral SSHRC.  Not sure about MA SSHRC, though!

17 minutes ago, Piagetsky said:

Curious, where did you see that?  I just talked to the person responsible for SSHRC at my school, and she said results won't be out until later this month for doctoral SSHRC.  Not sure about MA SSHRC, though!

I looked at the Research Portal website, but I am talking about MA sshrc.

47 minutes ago, Laur479 said:

I looked at the Research Portal website, but I am talking about MA sshrc.

Hey,

From what I understand, you will know at midnight Apr 1st eastern time for all of the schools - this is what I was told

54 minutes ago, Sephix said:

Hey,

From what I understand, you will know at midnight Apr 1st eastern time for all of the schools - this is what I was told

Thanks, that's my understanding of it too but there is an updated time stamp next to the other schools I applied to except for the one I am most interested in finding out the status of...

3 hours ago, Laur479 said:

SSHRC question - the status for one of the schools I applied to has not changed yet! Does this automatically mean that I did not receive SSHRC funding at this institution? 

I don’t think it means anything! Every school changes the statuses at different times and this one might just be slow. I’ve heard of schools not even updating the applications until after April 1st (which would suck). 

2 hours ago, healthpsych said:

I don’t think it means anything! Every school changes the statuses at different times and this one might just be slow. I’ve heard of schools not even updating the applications until after April 1st (which would suck). 

Thanks, that's good to know! 

Hi everyone!  I have a couple questions.

1) My status on the CGS portal is "Alternate".  I expected it to be "Not Offered" since I was rejected after all of my interviews - Is Alternate another way to say Not Offered?

2) Has anyone heard from Western's Counselling MA?  I interviewed there a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

1 hour ago, elicit said:

1) My status on the CGS portal is "Alternate".  I expected it to be "Not Offered" since I was rejected after all of my interviews - Is Alternate another way to say Not Offered?

2) Has anyone heard from Western's Counselling MA?  I interviewed there a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

"Alternate" essentially means waitlisted for the award at that school. If other people decline their award offers (because they are going elsewhere), alternates may get an award offer. However, since you weren't admitted to the school you wouldn't be able to accept the award. The review processes for applications and CGSM funding are completely separate, so sometimes people are offered CGSM for school they were rejected from, which sucks.

18 hours ago, elicit said:

I believe offers from Western's Counselling have already gone out 

Hey Everyone! I have a question for those of you who have been admitted to clinical programs. I just received an offer of admission and would definitely like to accept it. The letter doesn't mention anything about funding (I applied to SSHRC but my status is "alternate"). How should I go about replying to this e-mail? Should I ask about funding, or is that something that is generally discussed after you have formally accepted the offer. I'm not sure what the protocol is for formally accepting offers so I'd love any info! Thanks :)

3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Hey Everyone! I have a question for those of you who have been admitted to clinical programs. I just received an offer of admission and would definitely like to accept it. The letter doesn't mention anything about funding (I applied to SSHRC but my status is "alternate"). How should I go about replying to this e-mail? Should I ask about funding, or is that something that is generally discussed after you have formally accepted the offer. I'm not sure what the protocol is for formally accepting offers so I'd love any info! Thanks :)

I would definitely ask about funding. I'm surprised they didn't tell you anything about it to be honest. 

3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Was it an official offer or did it come from your POI? Most of the time if you hear from a professor by email, you’ll receive an actual letter of offer later that includes funding information.

Either way I would definitely ask.

Congrats!

27 minutes ago, healthpsych said:

Was it an official offer or did it come from your POI? Most of the time if you hear from a professor by email, you’ll receive an actual letter of offer later that includes funding information.

Either way I would definitely ask.

Congrats!

It was a rather informal e-mail from my POI. She said a formal letter would follow shortly, so I guess funding information will be in there! Thanks for the reply :)

Hey, I've been lurking for a while and just got some news - I've been unofficially rejected from Ryerson (when I emailed to inquire), and was told that I'm on the waitlist for York. I never interviewed for York though, so I'm wondering if everyone who hasn't been rejected yet ends up on the waitlist? Or if they ever accept people without interviewing them? Any advice would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, cleopoletra said:

Hey, I've been lurking for a while and just got some news - I've been unofficially rejected from Ryerson (when I emailed to inquire), and was told that I'm on the waitlist for York. I never interviewed for York though, so I'm wondering if everyone who hasn't been rejected yet ends up on the waitlist? Or if they ever accept people without interviewing them? Any advice would be appreciated!

I'm in the same boat for York.. I'm not holding my breath. I feel as though it is unlikely to get an acceptance at this point. I would love a response, however, so I can begin to plan my next steps. 

Hey Cleopatra,

Did you email the admin office or your POI for Ryerson? They just told me "it's an ongoing process and it should be wrapped up in a week or so". I just want to know for sure of my rejection so that I can accept another offer before April 15th -.-

Edited by lobstergirl

20 minutes ago, lobstergirl said:

Hey Cleopatra,

Did you email the admin office or your POI for Ryerson? They just told me "it's an ongoing process and it should be wrapped up in a week or so". I just want to know for sure of my rejection so that I can accept another offer before April 15th -.-

Yeah I emailed the admin person, and they essentially said the same thing, but she was talking about how "many qualified applicants don't get in because of limited space in the program" so I took it to be a rejection. Did they say the same sort of thing to you?

23 hours ago, Neurophilic said:

I'm in the same boat for York.. I'm not holding my breath. I feel as though it is unlikely to get an acceptance at this point. I would love a response, however, so I can begin to plan my next steps. 

On 2018-04-04 at 2:57 PM, cleopoletra said:

Id suggest emailing your specific POI(s) and asking if their interviews/acceptances have gone out. If you didnt list someone as a POI its not likely youd get an interview or acceptance from them.

23 minutes ago, BeezKnees said:

Id suggest emailing your specific POI(s) and asking if their interviews/acceptances have gone out. If you didnt list someone as a POI its not likely youd get an interview or acceptance from them.

True, good call.

3 hours ago, lobstergirl said:

Hey Cleopatra,

Update - just got my official rejection by email, so if you are getting in or not you'll probably hear soon

Does anyone know if people who are "recommended by the department" are ever rejected once it's forward to the faculty of graduate studies? I'm so paranoid