Fall 2018 CANADIAN clinical psychology

ContentFaces

Finally got my rejection at York. Too bad since I got both tri council and ogs there. Checked the website for my status. Wasn't invited for interviews or whatsoever. 

Edited by Dylia

31 minutes ago, Anne said:

What do you think are the most important things to consider when deciding between programs?

Funding, supervisor fit, research fit, quality of clinical experiences (all in no particular order). 

I agree with @FacelessMage, but do want to emphasize the importance of FIT in a program, be it with the supervisor or your research focus. Funding and clinical experience can be earned through external support, connections, and dedication, but being able to feel strongly situated in a program or school for the next 6-7 ish years of your life might be the most important thing of all. How you feel about the research you are working on can really change your impression of where you are. In Canada, especially, rankings for programs/universities are not really as important so making sure you can do what you want to do, with someone you want to work with, is extremely important. 

On 10/04/2018 at 6:59 AM, Psych.kitty said:

same here

Thought we'd know by April 15? Did I just pull that date out of thin air? Let me know when u hear please. Do I check under apply -grad -manage to see "in progress" as only follow up? 

On 4/16/2018 at 12:18 PM, Online ed said:

Thought we'd know by April 15? Did I just pull that date out of thin air? Let me know when u hear please. Do I check under apply -grad -manage to see "in progress" as only follow up? 

I thought we'd know by then too. I still haven't received a formal rejection from Windsor either. 

12 hours ago, Psych.kitty said:

I thought we'd know by then too. I still haven't received a formal rejection from Windsor either. 

Got the rejection finally. Adviser told me last summer 2 things I need to do to get in next year. Accepted different offer instead. 

• 1 month later...