Fall 2018 Cycle

ahmed.samy

I'm so frustrated right now, have a school that says I didn't send my GRE scores (I did) and didn't chose the fee waiver (I did) showed screenshots and can't talk to anyone at the school because I just get hung up on. Honestly thinking the school isn't even worth my time now :(

3 hours ago, javajunkie95 said:

I'm so frustrated right now, have a school that says I didn't send my GRE scores (I did) and didn't chose the fee waiver (I did) showed screenshots and can't talk to anyone at the school because I just get hung up on. Honestly thinking the school isn't even worth my time now :(

Which one is it?

I'm pretty bummed that I haven't even heard a hoot from Princeton or Yale (or any other school other than UMN). :( Feels like all the hard work I did over the years seems unappreciated.

Edited by ChemDude

2 hours ago, ChemDude said:

I'm pretty bummed that I haven't even heard a hoot from Princeton or Yale (or any other school other than UMN). :( Feels like all the hard work I did over the years seems unappreciated.

Yeah, I'm really sad about Princeton - pretty sure at this point, they will send out all rejections. Oh well.

5 hours ago, athan892 said:

Which one is it?

I'm not going to name it now since, after 5 days, I finally got in touch with someone to get the problem resolved but I missed the priority deadline even though they admit it was their fault :( 

Hi all, joining the conversation late but I've been following this thread. Congrats to everyone on the acceptances! Has anyone heard back from Caltech, Yale, or Princeton for inorganic? I haven't heard back from Berkeley yet either but that might be a lost cause since quite a few acceptances have gone out...

11 minutes ago, Orgmet said:

Hi all, joining the conversation late but I've been following this thread. Congrats to everyone on the acceptances! Has anyone heard back from Caltech, Yale, or Princeton for inorganic? I haven't heard back from Berkeley yet either but that might be a lost cause since quite a few acceptances have gone out...

I’ve heard or 1 person hearing from Princeton and I think Caltech (not on this site obviously) but I think those were every early notifications because he’s a star applicant... I’d say waiting it out is still fine! A lot of the Ivies/Competitive programs tend to wait until later in January to release their decisions

5 minutes ago, Zinniak said:

Has anyone not heard back from MIT yet? I saw that people have already received both acceptance and rejections. Is MIT still reviewing candidates? 

MIT pretty much always interviews, and I'm pretty sure those invitations have mostly been sent out already. If you've been interviewed then there's still hope, some divisions accept students a little later than others!... If not, I'm not sure I'd count on an acceptance :( BUT it's still possible

8 minutes ago, Zinniak said:

Has anyone not heard back from MIT yet? I saw that people have already received both acceptance and rejections. Is MIT still reviewing candidates? 

I’m curious about this as well. I haven’t heard anything from them yet so I’m hoping they’re still working through applications.

9 hours ago, Orgmet said:

There were a bunch from Princeton on the  page but I think something has changed this year...they usually send out rejections immediately after they send acceptances and there's generally very little waitlisted applicants. There's like, half a dozen waitlisted when there's like, normally none?

7 minutes ago, NervousChemApplicant said:

I heard from a friend that Yale and Harvard are typically the last to release inorganic decisions

Do you know when Caltech usually releases decisions for inorganic? It seems like they're fairly late based on results from previous years and it's usually phone calls.

On 1/20/2018 at 3:28 PM, rwoodward said:

Does anyone have an offer from Caltech/Harvard for Organic Chemistry or know anymore information about the progress of their Organic Chemistry admissions?

According to the Results page (if you search "Harvard Chemistry"), the acceptances for Harvard went out like January 25/26 so I'm assuming it'll be similar this year. As for Caltech I'm not sure.