Fall 2018 Admission

deleteaccount

5 minutes ago, waitingGame2018 said:

Applied to following schools for Ms Computer Science.

Utah, Purdue, San Diego, Cornell, UBC, UofT

No communication from any of them. Anybody has any idea about the timeline? The wait is literally turning me crazy

San Diego already finished sending their acceptances for their masters as far as I know.

17 minutes ago, there_is_a_so_long_wait said:

guys.... any updates from USC? from any school?????

Had Skype interview with 2 UCI CS Professors. Went well.  They had 2 very specific projects in-mind for me with which they want assistance, but made it seem like my actual work towards thesis would be wide open.  They let me know at end of Skype interview that they are sending a recommendation for admission to committee and I should get formal letter or admission within 2 weeks.  I have not heard a peep from USC CS.  My area of interest is in Computational Neuroscience and AI/ML.

7 minutes ago, Man_About_Town said:

Had Skype interview with 2 UCI CS Professors. Went well.  They had 2 very specific projects in-mind for me with which they want assistance, but made it seem like my actual work towards thesis would be wide open.  They let me know at end of Skype interview that they are sending a recommendation for admission to committee and I should get formal letter or admission within 2 weeks.  I have not heard a peep from USC CS.  My area of interest is in Computational Neuroscience and AI/ML.

wow, amazing congrats!  that is guaranteed in!!!!!!!!  :)

so happy for you :)  UCI CS or Informatics?

2 hours ago, Man_About_Town said:

CS.  My guess is that they will Skype interview applicants as necessary over the next few weeks and get offers out that way.  They said they were trying to have everything wrapped up in about a month, so if you have not heard from them yet, I would not be too concerned. 

either way, u're IN for sure for UCI :)

now the question is.... what do u do if u hear from USC too?  will u go for USC???????

9 hours ago, misterloki said:

Any UC Santa Cruz, UC Davis, or UC Santa Barbara decisions for anyone yet?

I only applied to Davis out of those. I had an interview over a month ago, but haven’t heard anything ever since.

I got accepted at UCI!!
Checked gats tracker and the letter was there with a congratulatory message. Didn't receive an email notifying me though.

Good luck to everyone ;)

11 hours ago, there_is_a_so_long_wait said:

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! :)

so CUNY vs UCI?

Thanks!
Yeah, it looks like that so far. I'm trying to arrange a visit on both before I make a decision.

How about you, any good news?