27 minutes ago, mk-8 said:

I don't think that's true. Well, I know it's true they probably just want to talk and get to know certain people better. I don't think that's "all" of their applicants, though. I know someone who applied and I'm 99% sure they didn't get an interview.

Last year: 3 interviews, 1 wait list, and 2 rejections (possibly those three interviews resulting in 1 wait list and 2 rejections) 

2 hours ago, renea said:

Rhet/comp friends, who else is getting ready to check their Miami portal tomorrow? I'm considering sleeping in just to avoid anxiety before the portal updates.

You might get an email from the dpt before you actually hear from the grad school! At least I did when I was accepted for the MA a couple years ago. 

Good luck, everyone! 

Edited by klader

21 hours ago, Wooshkuh said:

I'm obsessing over the number of times "conversation" was dropped in the most recent email from Syracuse. I've now convinced myself that they just talk with all of their applicants. 

I feel like they are maybe trying to make it sound less intimidating than "interview?" and I agree that they likely are not "having a conversation" with all of their applicants. There must be some kind of shortlist at play here.

1 hour ago, klader said:

I feel like they are maybe trying to make it sound less intimidating than "interview?" and I agree that they likely are not "having a conversation" with all of their applicants. There must be some kind of shortlist at play here.

Yes, I know that it's not all applicants. That was a bit of an exaggeration. It's just difficult to feel optimistic with the historic results. 

Anyway, I'm done being so doom and gloom. Good luck to everyone! 

11 minutes ago, Wooshkuh said:

Yes, I know that it's not all applicants. That was a bit of an exaggeration. It's just difficult to feel optimistic with the historic results. 

Anyway, I'm done being so doom and gloom. Good luck to everyone! 

I believe in you! Even if you don't believe in you! :D

On 2/10/2018 at 6:30 PM, Wooshkuh said:

I saw a post on the results board, but it was for Lit. My status still says "In Review- Program." 

Mine too!  STILL!  Ugh!  It was the first application I submitted and it's my #1 pick.  At least I know I made it past the first round of rejections that came out THREE WEEKS AGO.  

Sigh.

Well, I had my "conversation" with Syracuse this afternoon. I really feel like I did my best. Now I'm just going to chill and wait. They said they'd get back to me "before the end of the month."

Good luck @klader and @midwest-ford

24 minutes ago, Wooshkuh said:

Well, I had my "conversation" with Syracuse this afternoon. I really feel like I did my best. Now I'm just going to chill and wait. They said they'd get back to me "before the end of the month."

Good luck @klader and @midwest-ford

Had mine today too! I think it went well? They also said they'd decide by the end of the month. 

Good luck, @midwest-ford, if you haven't gone yet! 

23 hours ago, Daenerys said:

Mine too!  STILL!  Ugh!  It was the first application I submitted and it's my #1 pick.  At least I know I made it past the first round of rejections that came out THREE WEEKS AGO.  

Sigh.

I've been trying to find a pattern on the results page, but I can't figure them out. I thought that yesterday was maybe going to "be the day" because there was an acceptance on February 17 in 2015 and 2017. They didn't notify until early March in 2016 though. 

23 hours ago, klader said:

Had mine today too! I think it went well? They also said they'd decide by the end of the month. 

Good luck, @midwest-ford, if you haven't gone yet! 

Thanks! Mine was yesterday as well. I thought it went pretty well...it’ll just depend on what they’re looking for i guess. Good luck to you guys as well! 

2 hours ago, midwest-ford said:

Thanks! Mine was yesterday as well. I thought it went pretty well...it’ll just depend on what they’re looking for i guess. Good luck to you guys as well! 

Glad it went well! And good luck :)

18 hours ago, Wooshkuh said:

I've been trying to find a pattern on the results page, but I can't figure them out. I thought that yesterday was maybe going to "be the day" because there was an acceptance on February 17 in 2015 and 2017. They didn't notify until early March in 2016 though. 

Lol!  I have done the same.  The best I can figure is that they alternate years:  February decisions in odd years, March decisions in even years.  Perhaps they rotate with the lit applicants??

I still find myself checking the portal a couple of times a day, though, just in case...

@Wabbajack @WildeThing @marisawhy @all other Berkeley Rhetoric applicants: I just called the department and the grad coordinator told me they haven't sent out all acceptances yet! He said they hope to have the rest out "within the next week or two." Keep the hope alive!

17 minutes ago, Crow T. Robot said:

@Wabbajack @WildeThing @marisawhy @all other Berkeley Rhetoric applicants: I just called the department and the grad coordinator told me they haven't sent out all acceptances yet! He said they hope to have the rest out "within the next week or two." Keep the hope alive!

Thanks for the update! Though at this stage I'm accepting this cycle as a loss and don't want to get my hopes up.

2 hours ago, Crow T. Robot said:

Thanks so much for the update! ^_^

17 hours ago, Crow T. Robot said:

MVP over here! Thank you!

Is there anyone here who applied to UConn for rhet/comp? If so, have you heard anything? I see on other boards that people have received acceptances/been waitlisted, but I don't know if it was for lit or rhet/comp. Really sweating it out over here. So far have received two rejections and waiting to hear from two more.

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd add my voice to the mix very late in the game. I also got a phone interview with Syracuse, and I think (???) I did well? Both people on the phone seemed to like my answers (or they at least had good follow up questions), and they both said they were very interested in my work, so I guess now is when I just cross my fingers and wait for the end of the month. At least I have company! 

5 hours ago, ancientqueen said:

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd add my voice to the mix very late in the game. I also got a phone interview with Syracuse, and I think (???) I did well? Both people on the phone seemed to like my answers (or they at least had good follow up questions), and they both said they were very interested in my work, so I guess now is when I just cross my fingers and wait for the end of the month. At least I have company! 

So, four interviews and counting... 

10 hours ago, Wooshkuh said:

So, four interviews and counting... 

This isn't for me (didn't apply to Syracuse), but for those trying to keep up with # of interviews- two of my cohort members had interviews these last two weeks