Masters Applicants for Fall 2018!! Anybody out there?

citrus00

3 hours ago, Just Accept me Already said:

So I've received an interview invite from Penn State and I'm nervous/excited/nervous again. But apparently part of their process is a timed writing essay on a counseling topic of their choice. Does anyone know how to prepare for that?

I received an e-mail from Penn State today for the interview! As for CSU, did you apply to their Ph.D. program in Counseling Psychology? What about PSU? Mine were both masters in school counseling.

3 hours ago, lafry said:

@mungbean_

me too! 

do you mind posting your profile? 

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about it; I think USC just admits as they read your applications, and I submitted mine in early December, well before their deadline! 

@lafryHaha, hopefully!! I applied pretty late in January (didn't try for scholarship, since advisor at preview day said only 1 applicant from each department would receive it)

Major: BME at mid-tier UC

GPA: 3.81

GRE: V/Q/W 158/161/4.5

Experience: ~1 year research, 2 industry internships (1 well known pharma, 1 small startup), design competitions & some student projects

Edited by mungbean_

2 hours ago, iHaveAquestions said:

I received an e-mail from Penn State today for the interview! As for CSU, did you apply to their Ph.D. program in Counseling Psychology? What about PSU? Mine were both masters in school counseling.

Congratulations! Yeah, I applied to CSU's Ph.D program. PSU and the rest of my schools are masters though. Did PSU tell you anything about an essay you may have to write or is that just the Clinical Mental Health track?

11 hours ago, SpelGrad said:

I've been watching The 5 of us. It was created in the 90's. 6 seasons long and about 20 episodes per season. Takes up loads of time! Also One Day at a Time was good.

Thanks! I'll get started on that. Ten applications and all pending ugh :/ Definitely need distraction right about now.

Hi everyone! I also applied to a mix of MS and PhD programs.

Field/Program: Communication Sciences & Disorders / Speech-Language Pathology / Speech, Language, & Hearing Sciences

Schools: Vanderbilt, Northwestern, MGH, Boston University, Emerson, Northeastern, SDSU/UCSD joint PhD, Colorado-Boulder

Status? Interviews with Emerson and Boston at the end of the month -- applied to so many programs because I was stressing that I wouldn't get in anywhere, hoping this is a good sign moving forward

Is anyone else speech / knows what the timeline looks like here on out? For the MS, Emerson & BU are the only ones I applied to that do interviews, but the PhD programs were all pretty vague about if they interview etc.

11 hours ago, Just Accept me Already said:

Congratulations! Yeah, I applied to CSU's Ph.D program. PSU and the rest of my schools are masters though. Did PSU tell you anything about an essay you may have to write or is that just the Clinical Mental Health track?

Whew! Ok, because I haven't heard back from CSU yet and they had the same deadline as PSU (Feb 1st). Penn didn't say anything about an essay. Just extended the invitation to go to campus in two weeks. When are you going?

31 minutes ago, iHaveAquestions said:

Whew! Ok, because I haven't heard back from CSU yet and they had the same deadline as PSU (Feb 1st). Penn didn't say anything about an essay. Just extended the invitation to go to campus in two weeks. When are you going?

Unfortunately, I'm out of the country so I can't visit but I'm doing a Skype interview. After you visit, could you tell me a little about the campus and counseling facilities? I would really appreciate it.  

5 hours ago, Just Accept me Already said:

Unfortunately, I'm out of the country so I can't visit but I'm doing a Skype interview. After you visit, could you tell me a little about the campus and counseling facilities? I would really appreciate it.  

Yeah, can do!

On 2018-02-03 at 6:59 PM, MehK said:

Hi! First of all, congratulations!!! :) I'm so happy you got your top choice!!! :) 

I have also applied to UofT (MA and MEd at OISE).  I am just wondering how you got your acceptance? (i.e. email, call, ACORN/ROSI or was it mailed)

I am so excited people are starting to hear back from them! It's my top school as well!! :) Do let me know!!

Thanks and congrats again!! :)

I applied to OISE’s MEd too! Your status will change on the sgs application site first. And then about a week later you should get something in the mail. 

On 2/8/2018 at 10:37 PM, Just Accept me Already said:

After accepting the interview invitation they e-mailed me back and said there would be an essay! But, flights out there are $600+ I don't know if I can actually make it out there to interview, especially because weather conditions may interfere (supposed to snow/rain). 

9 hours ago, Benehime said:

I applied to OISE’s MEd too! Your status will change on the sgs application site first. And then about a week later you should get something in the mail. 

Hey, thanks for your post! :)

Really? From what I have read so far in all the posts is that sgs would be the last one to update their status! Oh well, I just want to hear from them soon!!!

Ps. best of luck to you!! :) 

Hello everyone! 

So excited to find this topic. Here I go: 

Field/Program: Fashion Studies

Schools: Parsons Paris & Parsons in NYC

Status: still waiting to hear back! Super nervous as I know most people have their interviews in February.

Best of luck to everyone! 

On 2/9/2018 at 10:33 PM, D'Kruzzer said:

Hi!

I'm an undergrad from India. I have applied to the Master's program in Electrical engineering to a number of universities. I have received my admit letter from ASU. No news from the remaining ones.

Hoping for the best!!

What other universities have you applied to?

I'm waiting it out too!

Field/Program: Public Policy, MPP

Schools: George Mason University, American University, Georgetown University

Status? Provisionally accepted at GMU. Invited to attend a travel reimbursed top prospect day last weekend for AU. Application for Georgetown isn't due until 4/1 so I haven't worked on that yet. 

I applied to Library & Information Science programs for Fall 2018. I’ve been accepted to Syracuse University, I have a Skype interview with with University College London next week, and I’m waiting to head back from University of Washington Seattle, St. John’s (dual MLIS/Public History degree) and Drexel. I’m nervous about the interview!