Masters Applicants for Fall 2018!! Anybody out there?

citrus00

On 2/11/2018 at 7:30 PM, iHaveAquestions said:

After accepting the interview invitation they e-mailed me back and said there would be an essay! But, flights out there are $600+ I don't know if I can actually make it out there to interview, especially because weather conditions may interfere (supposed to snow/rain). 

Oh wow, that's expensive! If you can't make it there they should be more than happy to let you do a phone or Skype interview.

Good luck on the essay!

Edited by Just Accept me Already

I was trying to hold off on posting anything, but in an effort to distract myself from the anxiety...

Field/Program: Masters in Urban Planning

Schools: NYU Wagner, UMich, UPenn, UCLA, MIT, Harvard

Status? Irrationally refreshing email and checking spam folder even though there are still a good couple of weeks before results come out and wondering if finding GradCafe made things better or worse.

Some of the schools I applied to are honest-to-goodness reaches, but it doesn't hurt to try. I only applied to schools that I really want to attend, so if I considered something a "safety" or couldn't imagine myself living/working somewhere for 2+ years, I took it off the list. If I get rejections across the board, I can always work full-time, save up, and try again. But it would be really nice to get in somewhere. And get money for it. Lots of money.

1 hour ago, misuny said:

Status? Irrationally refreshing email and checking spam folder even though there are still a good couple of weeks before results come out and wondering if finding GradCafe made things better or worse.

This is spot on.

I’m also posting to quell my obsession and anxiety that has been building the past few weeks. 

Programs: Geography/Geoscience 

Schools: USC, Penn State, UGA, UNC-Wilmington 

Had so much time to daydream today at work.  Despite the fleeting joy I experience daydreaming about quitting my job, going to grad school, and pursuing a career I actually will enjoy, my impatience is at an all-time high right now because it’s still only mid Feb and I likely won’t hear from everyone till early March

Hey Folks! Just like most people, the wait is painful.... I feel ya :P

Field/Program: Environmental Engineering (Water and Wastewater Treatment Processes)

Schools: UC Berkeley, U Washington, U Utah, U Arizona, U Nevada-Reno, U Colorado Boulder, U Virginia, U Wisconsin, Oregon State

Status: Accepted into U Colorado Boulder in late Jan. Still waiting on the rest. Keeping my fingers crossed and praying for the best!

Edited by tjw

On 2/13/2018 at 9:37 AM, Just Accept me Already said:

Oh wow, that's expensive! If you can't make it there they should be more than happy to let you do a phone or Skype interview.

Good luck on the essay!

Yeah, we are going to skype. Did the essay yesterday!

Edited by iHaveAquestions

14 hours ago, scared said:

me too!!! 

Also just accepted to Duke! Very very very excited as they are my first choice :):)

Feeling so relieved and not even anxious about waiting to hear back from the others!

Best of luck to the rest of my BME's out there!!

4 hours ago, surprise_quiche said:

I got funded! Teaching Assistantship for the MA program at Milwaukee! I can go to grad school!

Setting up a visit to the campus for March while I wait for my last program to get back to me.

I ran out of reactions for the day, but this is awesome! Congrats. 

4 hours ago, lafry said:

Also just accepted to Duke! Very very very excited as they are my first choice :):)

Feeling so relieved and not even anxious about waiting to hear back from the others!

Best of luck to the rest of my BME's out there!!

Also got into Duke!! Got the news yesterday and I'm super freaking excited! 

Hey! First time poster and excited to see others applying to Urban Planning Programs 

Field/Program: Masters in City/Regional/Urban Planning with a concentration in Economic Development and Housing 

Schools: Boston University, Cornell, UPenn, Harvard, MIT, UCLA, University of Oregon 

Field/Program: Clinical Psychology

Schools: Oakland, Eastern Michigan

Status:  Obsessively refreshing my email!  No word from either yet, but hoping I get an answer back either way in time to submit a second round for a similar program (clinical mental health counseling) at both schools before that program's deadline!

I'm happy to see I'm not the only masters applicant freaking out right now.

Field/Program: Agricultural/Applied Economics (every degree in my field has a slightly different title for some reason)

Schools: Cornell, UC Davis, UMN - Twin Cities, UIUC, UN - Lincoln, U of Wyoming 

Status? I've been admitted to UMN and UIUC, so I have at least heard some good news, but waiting on Cornell is killing me. I got an email from the assistant DGS telling me he liked my application and was putting my name in for the PhD track, so hopefully I will get good news about that. At this point I'm not worried at all about Nebraska or Wyoming since I got into better schools. A professor told me to apply to Davis because he said funding there is possible, but from what I've heard funding is pretty much nonexistent.

Program: Structural Engineering M.S. Fall 2018

Schools: Berkeley, Stanford, USC, UCLA, UCSD, UC Davis

I've already been accepted to all the ones in green - haven't heard back yet from Berkeley or Stanford.

...but I'd REALLY like to go back to Berkeley (went there for CEE undergrad).

Edited by bigboots02

I'm applying to MS programs in Human Computer Interaction / Information, specifically:

University of Michigan, MS Information
U of Indiana Bloomington, MS HCI
Georgia Tech, MS in HCI - Psychology
Cornell Tech, MS Health Tech
Syracuse, MS Applied Data Science
Carnegie Mellon, MS HCI
U of North Carolina, MSIS
and possibly Bentley MS in Human Factors

My states are 
GPA 3.47 - with two notably bad semesters
GRE Q154 V166 W4.0

I'm 30 years old and have 6 years of professional experience in web design/development and some product design. I've worked at very large fortune 500 companies and small startups.
All my references are professional. 

I haven't heard from any place and have no real idea what my chances might be. I don't know how much professional experience will be valued over undergrad or if the huge split in GRE scores (97%V 54%Q) will matter.