Vanier 2018-2019

Adelaide9216

1 hour ago, PsychBoy said:

I think when you accept the award they ask the start date again

worst case scenario you just email Vanier and they'll be okay with that

PsychBoy you have been so helpful and generous with helping guide us this year by sharing your own experience.  Thank you so much for that.  It is very, very much appreciated!! :)

2 hours ago, TBay said:

PsychBoy you have been so helpful and generous with helping guide us this year by sharing your own experience.  Thank you so much for that.  It is very, very much appreciated!! :)

Agreed! He even helped me with my leadership statement for Vanier! Thank you so much for your help!

9 hours ago, PsychBoy said:

I think when you accept the award they ask the start date again

worst case scenario you just email Vanier and they'll be okay with that

Cool thanks!!

Can't believe it's this week. I haven't even noticed how time flew by because I had courses and seminars this whole winter lol! Let's hope for the best! If not, we have one more chance to apply this year! And you could even apply for the next 2 years if I'm not mistaken.

2 minutes ago, immunity said:

Congratulations!!! I did not get it unfortunately! Oh well...

Btw for future applicants. I got waitlisted, ranked 66/183. Scores: Academic excellence: 5.85, Research potential: 6.75, Leadership: 5.75. 12 publications (8 first author), 14 awards, 5 conference abstracts, 5 presentations.

As I expected, research potential was my lowest score!

Academic excellence: 7.10

Research potential: 5.75

Leadership: 7.90

Overall score: 6.92

At this point, I don't care about my rank, I am so lucky because I haven't started my PhD yet and I was in competition with upper-year PhD students. I'm so happy and relieved, I almost got a heart attack when I saw the email!

Edited by Adelaide9216

3 minutes ago, immunity said:

Btw for future applicants. I got waitlisted, ranked 66/183. Scores: Academic excellence: 5.85, Research potential: 6.75, Leadership: 5.75. 12 publications (8 first author), 14 awards, 5 conference abstracts, 5 presentations.

We're all so close!! Damn!

Just now, Adelaide9216 said:

As I expected, research potential was my lowest score!

Academic excellence: 7.10

Research potential: 5.75

Leadership: 7.90

Overall score: 6.92

At this point, I don't care about my rank, I am so lucky because I haven't started my PhD yet and I was in competition with upper-year PhD students. I'm so happy and relieved, I almost got a hard attack when I saw the email!

You ranked pretty high on leadership wow! You volunteered a lot? Was it related to social science or not?

1.Academic Excellence:6.002.

Research Potential: 5.503.

Leadership:6.00

Overall Average score: 5.83

I'm surprised I got so low on leadership since I had an NGO for 4 years straight and volunteering is my middle name.