let's have a stressed-out area!

Pugislife

I will be the first one: 

It sucks to be in a different time zone from all the schools that I applied to. I know it's announcement season right now, and I haven't been having a good sleep for so long. I can't be productive/ undistracted at my work, I always freak out when my phone dings. Why is it taking so longg for them to get back to us with the results T-T Honestly, I just want to move on and keep my life going. 

Talking helps! Thank you for listening  :) 

Same position. I have a huge workload and yet, I mostly only think about admissions. I'm compulsively checking e-mail, the results page here, and any phone notification. I applied to 4 PhD programs and interviewed at my top choice. Ultimately, I was waitlisted. I hope to hear good news so I get my ticket out of here! Ha. My job is okay - well-paid but boring. I'd trade it in for a graduate stipend any day as long as I get to do work that is personally interesting to me :) Good luck to you!

The wait is killing me and stressing me out . It’s really all that has been on my mind, every time my phone chimes that it is an email or my phone rings I hope it is the answer. I am a high alternative at my top choice and the waiting is racking my brain. I am praying for good news for all of us. Good luck everyone and it’s nice to know neither of us are alone in this process!

@Pugislife THIS. Feeling you. I'm also in a different time zone. Everytime I wake up at night I'm checking my phone.

Currently finishing my thesis and some other projects so I'm busy but meh. Just want to move on with my life.

I only got one interview - but with my top choice. But they haven't made decision yet - and it's killing me :') PICK ME PLZ. And let me know fast. Every email notification is terrifying at the moment. 

I'm waitlisted at what I thought was my top choice. The more time goes on, the more I convince myself that I don't even want to go there. I'm not sure how much of that is based in reality or if it's just a defense mechanism. My second choice is quickly climbing up to first choice because the PI and students there have been so great and supportive during this process. At the same time, I'm so stressed out about the decision process that I'm finding it really difficult to respond to the PI's emails because I just don't know how to convey how grateful I am, but at the same time I can't make a decision yet. 

Also, I currently work in a lab and just cannot get anything done these days. 

current-attitude-towards-work-fuck-this-job-im-out-lol-28393906.png.4b23611ead2bdfb6347efe6ee8bff82c.png

Yaay another rejection and no news from the program I interviewed at. so far for 'things moving quick' and it taking 'no more than a couple of weeks max'  - it's been over a month.

I don't understand why the admission committee has to make life so hard for us. 

It would be much less of a torture of they would just specify an announcement date for everything and release results in one batch.

Either I get in, or I don't. Ughhh I just need a definite answer.

15 hours ago, Pugislife said:

I don't understand why the admission committee has to make life so hard for us. 

It would be much less of a torture of they would just specify an announcement date for everything and release results in one batch.

Either I get in, or I don't. Ughhh I just need a definite answer.

Waitlists are a thing, so that’s not really how it works sadly. Also issues of funding are not as simple as it may seem. 

On 3/22/2018 at 5:40 AM, Psygeek said:

you know I"m just giving up. Whatever. I'm gonna eat ice cream. Fuck science.

SAME. I have yet to hear back from a program I applied to early, but I'm 100% sure it's a rejection. I'd just like closure so I can move on and focus on taking the next steps in the upcoming chapter of my life. 

38 minutes ago, PsychedSloth said:

SAME. I have yet to hear back from a program I applied to early, but I'm 100% sure it's a rejection. I'd just like closure so I can move on and focus on taking the next steps in the upcoming chapter of my life. 

I actually got waitlisted - so the stress is still there haha

I am still waiting for the first choice to contact regarding the decision, and this is killing me slowly. I tried to reach out to the POI with whom I have been contacted, and it was so weird that he was not as responsive to my email as before. This terrifies me even more than the wait. I am distracting myself with positive thoughts that second and third have already accepted me, but they are putting pressure on me to decide before the first choice's notification deadline. All the schools I applied to are behind there schedules for this year. Just...why...this year...

phd033018s.gif

I need the second half of that graph...

7 hours ago, Psygeek said:

I actually got waitlisted - so the stress is still there haha

Yes, I ended up reading that in another forum we both frequent. I'm waiting on the one grad program, funding for a grad program I was accepted to, and to hear back from 3 post-bacc programs, all while an employer wants to know whether or not I'd like my job back, so I understand the waiting game. Best of luck to you!

40 minutes ago, PsychedSloth said:

Yes, I ended up reading that in another forum we both frequent. I'm waiting on the one grad program, funding for a grad program I was accepted to, and to hear back from 3 post-bacc programs, all while an employer wants to know whether or not I'd like my job back, so I understand the waiting game. Best of luck to you!

@PsychedSloth do you have other forums for updates of offers from everyone? craving for more information in this waiting game :)

@Pugislife I'm not sure what you meant by your question. @Psygeek and I have posted on many forums related to waiting it out, so I was just acknowledging that I read the news regarding Psygeek being waitlisted elsewhere. I made a table for my own programs, but overall it's 2a/0w/0r/1p. If I include the post-bacc programs I applied to, it's 2a/0w/0r/4p. 

3 hours ago, PsychedSloth said:

So I was told that I should hear from a program this week. I don't know how to feel about hearing back from them this late in the game. 

@PsychedSloth  Don't think too much about it! It is good that they will let you know about a decision finally! And best of luck!!!

Rejected the one PhD offer I got, been rejected post interview for two post bac programs and nothing positive from job applications yet.

I am a GIANT ball of stress. I have a job I can stay at but it's not research (and involves basically moving in with extended family ugh) and won't do anything to help my PhD application for when I reapply. 

Also still have to deal with current class deadlines, so can't focus entirely on job applications as I'd like to.

Agh!