Final Decisions / Accepting Offers Fall 2018!

SlumberingTrout

The end of the season is only a cool two weeks out, and we can expect final decisions to start rolling in before too long -- I'm excited for those of us who have already made their final decisions! We have a thread dedicated to those offers we're declining, but as @Swann pointed out, not a thread for the opposite. Let's turn things around and hear specifically about which schools' offers y'all have accepted! What was your final decision about where you'll be going this fall? What are you looking forward to? Concerned about?

I believe it would be more helpful for only waitlisted applicants such as myself if people would list all the places they have been accepted to and then their decision.

Edited by quinessloopypun

(I'm pretty sure all this information can be found somewhere in the forum, but I guess a summary could be helpful.)

I've accepted NYU's offer.

I've declined offers from Ohio State, Northwestern, Michigan, UCLA, Toronto, Yale, Pittsburgh, Harvard, Princeton, Oxford (BPhil), USC, Rutgers, U-Conn and UT-Austin. I've taken myself off the following waitlists: MIT, Columbia, CUNY and UNC.

12 hours ago, BL16 said:

(I'm pretty sure all this information can be found somewhere in the forum, but I guess a summary could be helpful.)

I've declined offers from Ohio State, Northwestern, Michigan, UCLA, Toronto, Yale, Pittsburgh, Harvard, Princeton, Oxford (BPhil), USC, Rutgers, U-Conn and UT-Austin. I've taken myself off the following waitlists: MIT, Columbia, CUNY and UNC.

What topic was your writing sample on? That's a very impressive list.

I've accepted Georgia State University's (M.A.) offer.

I've declined offers from Northern Illinois University (M.A.), Tulane University (Ph.D.), Bowling Green State University (Ph.D.). I also took myself off the waitlist at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (M.A.).

1 hour ago, Zimmy64 said:

I've declined offers from Northern Illinois University (M.A.), Tulane University (Ph.D.), Bowling Green State University (Ph.D.). I also took myself off the waitlist at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (M.A.).

If you don't mind me asking, did you decline an assistantship from NIU? 

1 hour ago, Zimmy64 said:

I'll be seeing you in Georgia next fall!

21 hours ago, BL16 said:

I forgot to mention that I was also accepted to Stanford and declined.

Accepted Toronto!

Declined offers from UC Davis, Western Ontario, Leeds, and Indiana (HPS). I also had a Cambridge interview but by the time that came around I'd already accepted. 

I feel really good about Toronto (IHPST), especially with some of the new faculty they've recently picked up. Going to be weird going international, but I'm excited for the change of pace and the fresh start. Pre-emptive 'congrats' to everyone posting here.

I've accepted University of Washington Seattle. I've also removed myself from the waitlists for UC-Davis and UVA. Don't know if that will help folks, but at least if I would have gotten an offer they can go straight on to the next person without delay.