On 4/19/2019 at 10:55 AM, CaidanFire said:

Hang in there everyone!  Its a great program. They really look at everything and their biggest concern is whether or not you will be a great clinician - not just if you meet the stats that everyone usually focuses on. My cohort is filled with people from different backgrounds and the stats are all over the board. I heard that some people think the program is easier or accepts only those with lower stats. Not the case. Just to put it in perspective and not to scare anyone off. I had a solid 4.0, Verbal GRE 168, Writing score 4.5, Math, not so good - 143!!! (and we will never speak of that score again!! LOL)  Lots of experience with ABA. No research and only shadowed SLP.

But, a member of my cohort had a 3.4, GRE score 293 (dont know the break down),  former military and has 3 years experience working as an SLPA.  We are all different and bring something different to the program. 

Hope you all hear great news soon! And since the older cohorts mentor newer cohorts, I might get to know some of you a bit better and walk this journey with you!

(p.s. Semester ends next Fri, so its finals week and I may not be around to answer any questions. But, good luck!!)

Thanks!!! good luck on your finals. :)

On 4/21/2019 at 5:05 AM, CaidanFire said:

No worries at all! Everyone in every program has to prove hours. Its easy though. You keep track of them in an online program called Calipso. I talked with ASHA becore applting, they assured me that there will be no problem with getting the license. I also talked to my state..same answer. 

Yes the program is in accreditation candidacy status. No big deal. Every program was at one time. The program director and her team are phenomenal. They have developed a great program and truly care about the students success. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks! That's great to hear and I think we are in the same state (CA) according to your profile info. 

Finishing up my required class that was needed that they couldn't take from my UCF classes. Took it online with USAHS, because they highly suggest doing so instead of taking it at a different university. Just emailed the academic advisor about it! Hoping my application really does move on to the Fall semester. I already went through the interview process back in October and really enjoyed everyone on the faculty and how the program was set up! Here's to hoping everything goes smoothly. Kind of worrisome to hear that spots are already being filled up though. I had no idea they were building another program at the Dallas campus! Is that not on EdFind yet on the ASHA website?  

1 hour ago, SavSLP2Be said:

Finishing up my required class that was needed that they couldn't take from my UCF classes. Took it online with USAHS, because they highly suggest doing so instead of taking it at a different university. Just emailed the academic advisor about it! Hoping my application really does move on to the Fall semester. I already went through the interview process back in October and really enjoyed everyone on the faculty and how the program was set up! Here's to hoping everything goes smoothly. Kind of worrisome to hear that spots are already being filled up though. I had no idea they were building another program at the Dallas campus! Is that not on EdFind yet on the ASHA website?  

What class did they not accept from your other school? It sounds like if you had an interview they were already really interested in you! 

I don't think the Dallas campus was an option initially. I figured because I am in TX they asked me to switch my preference. I'm curious if they offered it to everyone who applied......?

1 hour ago, Ggslpa said:

What class did they not accept from your other school? It sounds like if you had an interview they were already really interested in you! 

I don't think the Dallas campus was an option initially. I figured because I am in TX they asked me to switch my preference. I'm curious if they offered it to everyone who applied......?

I also was given the option for Dallas campus but am not from Texas. I was told in the phone call in March that they very recently were granted approval to open Dallas so I believe if pp was given an interview in October that may be why they weren't given a Dallas consideration.

Did anyone else get an invitation to interview this week? Debating if I should go in person..

OK. I see... that makes sense. I was told 5 weeks ago when I talked to the admissions advisor to give them 3-5 weeks for a decision. I haven't heard anything since then.....I so desperately want a chance to interview!!!! 

If I get an interview, I would definitely go in person but I'm only one flight away from Austin or Dallas. When is your interview?

1 hour ago, slplo said:

I also was given the option for Dallas campus but am not from Texas. I was told in the phone call in March that they very recently were granted approval to open Dallas so I believe if pp was given an interview in October that may be why they weren't given a Dallas consideration.

Did anyone else get an invitation to interview this week? Debating if I should go in person..

Congrats on getting an interview! I would go in person, but I’m not too far away. 

When did you submit your application? And when did they offer you an interview? Just wondering as I’m anxiously waiting to hear back from them! 

4 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

OK. I see... that makes sense. I was told 5 weeks ago when I talked to the admissions advisor to give them 3-5 weeks for a decision. I haven't heard anything since then.....I so desperately want a chance to interview!!!! 

If I get an interview, I would definitely go in person but I'm only one flight away from Austin or Dallas. When is your interview?

3 hours ago, slptd said:

Congrats on getting an interview! I would go in person, but I’m not too far away. 

When did you submit your application? And when did they offer you an interview? Just wondering as I’m anxiously waiting to hear back from them! 

My application wasn't passed on to the admission committee until April 2nd. I actually still have a part of my application to turn in. My interview isn't until June so they are probably still inviting people this week. Hope you guys hear from them soon!

I had my interview February 28th.. it’s been 8 weeks since then and haven’t heard back. The admission counselor said my application is still under review.  Last year I applied and didn’t hear a decision from them until 11 weeks after my interview, which ended up being 3 weeks before the semester started. 

42 minutes ago, slp.allie said:

I had my interview February 28th.. it’s been 8 weeks since then and haven’t heard back. The admission counselor said my application is still under review.  Last year I applied and didn’t hear a decision from them until 11 weeks after my interview, which ended up being 3 weeks before the semester started. 

wow, that's cutting it close! 

41 minutes ago, slp.allie said:

So last year you had an interview and you were not accepted? Did they give you feedback as to why you were not admitted? Was your interview this year any different from last year?

4 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

So last year you had an interview and you were not accepted? Did they give you feedback as to why you were not admitted? Was your interview this year any different from last year?

Correct, I was not get accepted and it was like a generic denial letter. This time around they had me submit a letter explaining how I’ve improved my application since the previous year. The interview was the same 3 or 4 questions with another candidate. I went to the campus last year (recommend if you’re able to), this February I did a Skype interview with a faculty member and another candidate. 

1 hour ago, slp.allie said:

Correct, I was not get accepted and it was like a generic denial letter. This time around they had me submit a letter explaining how I’ve improved my application since the previous year. The interview was the same 3 or 4 questions with another candidate. I went to the campus last year (recommend if you’re able to), this February I did a Skype interview with a faculty member and another candidate. 

What type of questions do they ask during the interview? 

I can’t believe it’s taken so long to hear back! 

On 4/23/2019 at 4:00 PM, Ggslpa said:

Sooo at UCF for our Bach in CSD our only hearing classes that we had were Audiology and Hearing Disorders Across the Lifespan and they wouldn't accept Hearing Disorders Across the Lifespan for Aural Rehab so they highly suggested that I take it with their campus this Spring and that my application will roll over for Fall semester. I emailed the enrollment advisor about it, but I haven't heard back yet. I might try calling tomorrow if I still haven't heard anything. 

12 hours ago, SavSLP2Be said:

Sooo at UCF for our Bach in CSD our only hearing classes that we had were Audiology and Hearing Disorders Across the Lifespan and they wouldn't accept Hearing Disorders Across the Lifespan for Aural Rehab so they highly suggested that I take it with their campus this Spring and that my application will roll over for Fall semester. I emailed the enrollment advisor about it, but I haven't heard back yet. I might try calling tomorrow if I still haven't heard anything. 

Oh I see. How'd that class go? I'm ready to hear about their decision but have hesitated to contact them since 5 weeks have gone by since my application was forwarded to the admissions committee.....I guess I'm going to just wait.....

On 4/24/2019 at 4:17 PM, slp.allie said:

Any news yet?

On 4/23/2019 at 5:37 PM, Ggslpa said:

Any news yet?

22 hours ago, SLP_L said:

I submitted my application for Spring 2020 in March 2019. I'm getting ansy. 

Nope. Nothing since 3/19 when they sent it to the committee for review. I'm past ansy and have moved into anxiety and stress....lol. Hopefully, we'll hear back soon.

On 4/26/2019 at 11:39 AM, Ggslpa said:

Oh I see. How'd that class go? I'm ready to hear about their decision but have hesitated to contact them since 5 weeks have gone by since my application was forwarded to the admissions committee.....I guess I'm going to just wait.....

It went very well! :) Yeah, I'm just hoping that they didn't make me take the class and then just deny me because they really pushed for me to take it through them instead of somewhere else and it was a lot of money I had to pay out of pocket. I still haven't heard back from the enrollment advisor, but I am going to try and call them this coming week about it. Good luck on your application, though as well!

9 hours ago, SavSLP2Be said:

It went very well! :) Yeah, I'm just hoping that they didn't make me take the class and then just deny me because they really pushed for me to take it through them instead of somewhere else and it was a lot of money I had to pay out of pocket. I still haven't heard back from the enrollment advisor, but I am going to try and call them this coming week about it. Good luck on your application, though as well!

Thanks, you too! Let us know what happens when you give them a call.

On 4/28/2019 at 7:42 PM, Ggslpa said:

Thanks, you too! Let us know what happens when you give them a call.

Yeah, so literally the day after I completed the class, they sent me an email today of denial. Like I kind of wished if they were going to deny me anyways that they should have then instead of making me wait one whole semester taking a class, which I paid $500 for because I highly doubt one class that I got a good grade in determined their decision.

1 hour ago, SavSLP2Be said:

Yeah, so literally the day after I completed the class, they sent me an email today of denial. Like I kind of wished if they were going to deny me anyways that they should have then instead of making me wait one whole semester taking a class, which I paid $500 for because I highly doubt one class that I got a good grade in determined their decision.

Oh dang! I'm sorry. I've received plenty of those and they suck every time. As for your class, Aural Rehab, most schools are going to require it but it's pretty shady they pushed for you to take it with them. Are you still waiting on other schools? This school is my last hope for this application cycle. :( 

27 minutes ago, Ggslpa said:

Oh dang! I'm sorry. I've received plenty of those and they suck every time. As for your class, Aural Rehab, most schools are going to require it but it's pretty shady they pushed for you to take it with them. Are you still waiting on other schools? This school is my last hope for this application cycle. :( 

Yeah, the thing was UCF doesn't require it for their bachelor's degree at all and instead has Hearing Disorder's Across the Lifespan and then obviously Audiology, which to tell you the truth the class was basically both of those two classes combined. No, I am not. It was kind of like a last hope effort as well and I didn't apply to any schools, because I applied Fall 2017/Spring 2018 and I guess USAHS wasn't accepting student's from Florida when I originally applied. 

20 hours ago, SavSLP2Be said:

Yeah, the thing was UCF doesn't require it for their bachelor's degree at all and instead has Hearing Disorder's Across the Lifespan and then obviously Audiology, which to tell you the truth the class was basically both of those two classes combined. No, I am not. It was kind of like a last hope effort as well and I didn't apply to any schools, because I applied Fall 2017/Spring 2018 and I guess USAHS wasn't accepting student's from Florida when I originally applied. 

Well.....if I'm not accepted....which it's looking that way bc I'm still waiting.  I was told I can't reapply til fall 2020. I guess they want you to wait a year.