8 hours ago, slp.allie said:

Just got an email this weekend and the Dallas campus is open! 

8 hours ago, slp.allie said:

Just got an email this weekend and the Dallas campus is open! 

That’s good news! Did you get an acceptance letter or just that they were open? 

Does anyone know why we can't apply to Austin and Dallas? Is this something they are changing? I'd like to apply to both and see what happens. 

Also, how long after you all applied did you get asked for an interview? I am so nervous and want to hear something quickly!

On 6/10/2019 at 4:50 PM, sarahBslp2be said:

Hi everyone, congratulations to all of you who have been accepted into the program—how exciting!! I just discovered this program last week, as I’m in the very-beginning stages of getting back on track to becoming an SLP. “Life” happened after I completed undergrad studies at LSU in 2012 and my two sons are finally old enough to where it’s possible for me to properly focus on earning my Masters. I’m still studying for my first GRE which I’ll take at the end of July and I hope to apply for the Spring 2020 since the deadline for applications is October 1st.

Is anyone here going to be attending the Open House at the Austin campus this Thursday? Current students, are there any specific professors, students, or administrators you know of that I should make it a point to meet during my visit?

I feel beyond-nervous that my 3.2 GPA from the BA I earned almost 8 years ago won’t be very competitive compared to those with higher GPAs from degrees earned within the past 5 years. I’m trying to remain positive and open to the option of retaking courses if needed though. Is anyone else in a similar situation as me? 

I am in a very similar position as you @sarahBslp2be did you apply or anything yet? If so, any results?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 1:09 AM, CaidanFire said:

I am very pleased with the program. Everyone is very supportive and there is a close knit feel with the entire staff. The professors have been sourced out from very prestigious positions and they really know their stuff!! I feel very fortunate to have been accepted here.

They do require a weekend residency attendance during each semester (so 5 visits) but they are sooo worth it! We learn so much and get to know each other very well and it really makes a BIG difference in an online program. Even though it is an additional cost and inconvenient, most everyone in my cohort looks forward to the residency weekends. Because they also have PT and OT cohorts, we get to interact with them as well to facilitate interdisciplinary collaborations.

They also have an actual lab to supplement neuro-anatomy during one of the residence weekends. This is rarely offered even with campus programs.

There have been a few hiccups (it is a brand new program afterall) but they were swiftly and efficiently addressed.

They have 5 years to get full ASHA accreditation but have solid plans to complete it within 3 years.

If anyone is considering applying, I would strongly encourage you to do so. They TRULY look at the whole package.

Also - call and talk to an admissions counselor! They are very helpful, especially Heather. They will clear up any confusion you might have. If they dont answer, be sure to leave a message. They WILL call you back. You can also email them

Thank you so much for this I'm starting their leveling courses next week and I wasn't so sure about it.

What is the difference between Dallas and Austin campuses? Do we have a better chance of getting into one over the other? If so, please let me fill me in. LOL

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 5:57 PM, KEIM said:

What is the difference between Dallas and Austin campuses? Do we have a better chance of getting into one over the other? If so, please let me fill me in. LOL

Hi! An admissions counselor called me today to review my CSDCAS application for the Dallas campus. She asked if I would be willing to go to the Austin campus in the event that I'm waitlisted and a spot at the Austin campus opens up. She said the only difference is the campus facilities and the professors you would have. I would say apply to your top choice location but don't stress too much about it!

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2019 at 11:07 AM, jsieges said:

Hi! An admissions counselor called me today to review my CSDCAS application for the Dallas campus. She asked if I would be willing to go to the Austin campus in the event that I'm waitlisted and a spot at the Austin campus opens up. She said the only difference is the campus facilities and the professors you would have. I would say apply to your top choice location but don't stress too much about it!

Was this for Fall 2019 or Spring 2020?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 11:20 AM, bm34384 said:

I was accepted for Spring 2020! Anyone else on here? 

Hi!! I was just accepted for spring 2020 as well!! I was wondering if you were worried about USA being in candidacy? I am still a little nervous to start a program that is not fully accredited. Just wondering your thoughts 

On 11/27/2019 at 2:46 PM, AlexisSLP said:

Hi!! I was just accepted for spring 2020 as well!! I was wondering if you were worried about USA being in candidacy? I am still a little nervous to start a program that is not fully accredited. Just wondering your thoughts 

First off, congrats!! When I went to interview literally all of us were concerned about the candidacy. It is on its way to full accreditation and I feel confident about the program since all programs technically all programs had to start off like this! Their other programs made it to full accreditation so I think we'll be fine

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone knew any updates on whether or not they have been accredited? I was planning on applying for Fall 2020 but didn't know if I should or not if they are still not accredited. 

1 hour ago, futurespeechie2 said:

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone knew any updates on whether or not they have been accredited? I was planning on applying for Fall 2020 but didn't know if I should or not if they are still not accredited. 

According to ed FIND they are a candidate for accreditation. I've heard it's not a big deal, just extra paperwork when you apply for your CCC's. 

his newly developed entry-level graduate education program has met all requirements for candidacy (pre-accreditation) status to be awarded. Candidacy status may be held for no longer than 5 years, subject to annual monitoring, at which time the program must meet all CAA Standards for Accreditation. See full accreditation status definition.

Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology
Accreditation Candidate (MS) (2018 - 2023)

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 11:20 AM, bm34384 said:

I was accepted for Spring 2020! Anyone else on here? 

Congrats!! Hi there! I just got word that I have an interview on January 3rd for the Spring 2020 semester!! Can you tell me how your interview went and what I should expect??? Thank you!!

On 12/30/2019 at 6:32 PM, Shannon L said:

Congrats!! Hi there! I just got word that I have an interview on January 3rd for the Spring 2020 semester!! Can you tell me how your interview went and what I should expect??? Thank you!!

Hi, thank you! That is exciting!

When I interviewed it was me and like 6 other candidates. It was very laid back, but informative and professional. Everyone in the program is fantastic. Expect to answer a few questions like why you chose to pursue speech pathology, why you would excel in an online program and basically what you wish to accomplish while going to this school. Grades and GRE scores are not everything. They then talked about the school and a general talk of what to expect if accepted. It wasn't scary at all since they want us to succeed! They also gave us a tour of the Dallas Campus which was really neat since we will do residencies there almost every trimester. 

Good luck! 

On 12/30/2019 at 6:32 PM, Shannon L said:

Omg I just realized your interview was on the 3rd. How did it go!? 

• 2 weeks later...