18 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

Oh.. I see. that's disappointing.....I was initially going to turn in my application before they extended the deadline but i took the opportunity to work on my essay longer. :( Hopefully everyone gets a fair shot at a spot because from what i hear if you get an interview it's a pretty strong indicator that you will be accepted.

That's what I have heard too. Hoping that is not the case.  Did you recieve anything from them stating that they recieved your application? I have yet to recieve any emails from them.

18 hours ago, houserg2 said:

Hello.  So I am confused, on CSDCAS it says that we have until April 1st to submit the application? Can we still submit an application? Also I have no idea how to find the other application on their website

You can still submit an application but they have done some interviews already. With that, I'm not sure if our odds are as strong. There is a link to the supplemental application in the program materials section on CSDCAS.

31 minutes ago, slplo said:

That's what I have heard too. Hoping that is not the case.  Did you recieve anything from them stating that they recieved your application? I have yet to recieve any emails from them.

You can still submit an application but they have done some interviews already. With that, I'm not sure if our odds are as strong. There is a link to the supplemental application in the program materials section on CSDCAS.

I havn't received anything from them. The supplemental link was so simple I thought I was missing something but other applicants have assured me that  it was the same for them as well.

On 3/6/2019 at 2:24 AM, CaidanFire said:

Im currently in the MS-SLP graduate program at St. Augustine's in TX if you are still looking for information

Can you still be accepted if your ASHA required courses are over 10+ old? I would hate to have to redo all those requirements. 

Edited by KEIM

On 3/9/2019 at 4:50 PM, slplo said:

What do you think of the program so far and what is the online format like? I completed my application after the first interviews were sent out so I don't know if my chances are slim, but it is a program I'm really interested in. Like the pp said, there isn't much information online about it

I am very pleased with the program. Everyone is very supportive and there is a close knit feel with the entire staff. The professors have been sourced out from very prestigious positions and they really know their stuff!! I feel very fortunate to have been accepted here.

They do require a weekend residency attendance during each semester (so 5 visits) but they are sooo worth it! We learn so much and get to know each other very well and it really makes a BIG difference in an online program. Even though it is an additional cost and inconvenient, most everyone in my cohort looks forward to the residency weekends. Because they also have PT and OT cohorts, we get to interact with them as well to facilitate interdisciplinary collaborations.

They also have an actual lab to supplement neuro-anatomy during one of the residence weekends. This is rarely offered even with campus programs.

There have been a few hiccups (it is a brand new program afterall) but they were swiftly and efficiently addressed.

They have 5 years to get full ASHA accreditation but have solid plans to complete it within 3 years.

If anyone is considering applying, I would strongly encourage you to do so. They TRULY look at the whole package.

Also - call and talk to an admissions counselor! They are very helpful, especially Heather. They will clear up any confusion you might have. If they dont answer, be sure to leave a message. They WILL call you back. You can also email them

Edited by CaidanFire

3 hours ago, KEIM said:

Can you still be accepted if your ASHA required courses are over 10+ old? I would hate to have to redo all those requirements. 

I am not sure. Call or email Heather in admissions and talk to her. She can tell you.

4 hours ago, CaidanFire said:

I am very pleased with the program. Everyone is very supportive and there is a close knit feel with the entire staff. The professors have been sourced out from very prestigious positions and they really know their stuff!! I feel very fortunate to have been accepted here.

They do require a weekend residency attendance during each semester (so 5 visits) but they are sooo worth it! We learn so much and get to know each other very well and it really makes a BIG difference in an online program. Even though it is an additional cost and inconvenient, most everyone in my cohort looks forward to the residency weekends. Because they also have PT and OT cohorts, we get to interact with them as well to facilitate interdisciplinary collaborations.

They also have an actual lab to supplement neuro-anatomy during one of the residence weekends. This is rarely offered even with campus programs.

There have been a few hiccups (it is a brand new program afterall) but they were swiftly and efficiently addressed.

They have 5 years to get full ASHA accreditation but have solid plans to complete it within 3 years.

If anyone is considering applying, I would strongly encourage you to do so. They TRULY look at the whole package.

Also - call and talk to an admissions counselor! They are very helpful, especially Heather. They will clear up any confusion you might have. If they dont answer, be sure to leave a message. They WILL call you back. You can also email them

Thanks for responding and that's great to hear! It makes me more excited about the prospect of attending. Do you know how the interviews work? Do they interview only a handful of students at a time because some interviews have happened already although the deadline hasn't passed. I heard that the cohort size is about 15.

Also how do externships and clinicals usually work in this online format? Is it something you set up or the school? What is the workload like and are courses live streamed?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer some questions!

14 hours ago, slplo said:

Thanks for responding and that's great to hear! It makes me more excited about the prospect of attending. Do you know how the interviews work? Do they interview only a handful of students at a time because some interviews have happened already although the deadline hasn't passed. I heard that the cohort size is about 15.

Also how do externships and clinicals usually work in this online format? Is it something you set up or the school? What is the workload like and are courses live streamed?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer some questions!

I believe they have two rounds of interviews. They strongly encourage you to attend if possible but also do them by skype. They want to see how well you fit and that its also a good fit for YOU. I did my interview by skype -  so it doesnt disadvantage you.

The first cohort is 15 students and the second one is 17. So the size isnt necessarily set in stone.

Our first residency weekend - we did actual hearing screenings, speech/language screenings and evals for people from the surrounding community.

As far as externships -  the first semester is through simucase - this is actually VERY good prep as it allows you to try different things within each case and you learn so much! There is tremendous feedback and personalized attention as you go through with each case. The vice-president of simucase is our instructor for this course. You get familiar with various screening/assessments before you go out into the field (for those who are coming from out of field, this is really good experience).

The rest of the clinicals are done at actual sites. They will ask you for recommendations in your area and then they take it from there. They do all the reaching out and placements for you.

The courses are all online. Much of the material is print work, videos, recorded lectures and scheduled skype sessions for additional discussions. Some courses have a requirement that you log on, but they offer more than one time slot in order to accommodate everyone. Sometimes, you just have to pick the one that works best for you even if its not ideal.

There are assignments due each week. Depending on the course there may be live interactions (they try to do these at times convenient to as many people as possible). Many of the instructors have live office hours to skype into as well as individual sessions if needed.

The workload can get heavy sometimes, but most of us have at least a part time job and its doable. We all stay connected and message each other frequently with questions and support. They also have tutoring in place from previous cohorts for some of the courses.

I know in my undergrad program, I sometimes felt like we were given "busy" work. That doesnt happen in this program. The assignments are targeted and teach to ASHA competencies. USA also recommends a praxis study book and they tell you which pages (areas) that each assignment correlates to so that you can study for the praxis as you work through the program.

I know that the idea of doing a residency weekend each semester (there are 5 total) may seem like a deterrent, but honestly, I believe it adds a tremendous bonus to the program.

I hope that answers some of your questions a bit better.

Edited by CaidanFire

24 minutes ago, CaidanFire said:

I believe they have two rounds of interviews. They strongly encourage you to attend if possible but also do them by skype. They want to see how well you fit and that its also a good fit for YOU. I did my interview by skype -  so it doesnt disadvantage you.

The first cohort is 15 students and the second one is 17. So the size isnt necessarily set in stone.

Our first residency weekend - we did actual hearing screenings, speech/language screenings and evals for people from the surrounding community.

As far as externships -  the first semester is through simucase - this is actually VERY good prep as it allows you to try different things within each case and you learn so much! There is tremendous feedback and personalized attention as you go through with each case. The vice-president of simucase is our instructor for this course. You get familiar with various screening/assessments before you go out into the field (for those who are coming from out of field, this is really good experience).

The rest of the clinicals are done at actual sites. They will ask you for recommendations in your area and then they take it from there. They do all the reaching out and placements for you.

The courses are all online. Much of the material is print work, videos, recorded lectures and scheduled skype sessions for additional discussions. Some courses have a requirement that you log on, but they offer more than one time slot in order to accommodate everyone. Sometimes, you just have to pick the one that works best for you even if its not ideal.

There are assignments due each week. Depending on the course there may be live interactions (they try to do these at times convenient to as many people as possible). Many of the instructors have live office hours to skype into as well as individual sessions if needed.

The workload can get heavy sometimes, but most of us have at least a part time job and its doable. We all stay connected and message each other frequently with questions and support. They also have tutoring in place from previous cohorts for some of the courses.

I know in my undergrad program, I sometimes felt like we were given "busy" work. That doesnt happen in this program. The assignments are targeted and teach to ASHA competencies. USA also recommends a praxis study book and they tell you which pages (areas) that each assignment correlates to so that you can study for the praxis as you work through the program.

I know that the idea of doing a residency weekend each semester (there are 5 total) may seem like a deterrent, but honestly, I believe it adds a tremendous bonus to the program.

I hope that answers some of your questions a bit better.

Thanks for all the helpful info! Your signature states that you applied to 4 online programs...what were the other programs you applied to? That's awesome that you were accepted into all 4. If you don't mind dropping your stats...I would really love to know! 

Sorry for the double post but I just wanted to let you guys know that I spoke with an application advisor recently and she stated that the cohort is pretty close to being filled already. I dont understand why they started filling it when the application isn't due until April 1st but I guess they have. Their aim was for 30 students this time. 

On 3/21/2019 at 12:01 PM, slplo said:

Sorry for the double post but I just wanted to let you guys know that I spoke with an application advisor recently and she stated that the cohort is pretty close to being filled already. I dont understand why they started filling it when the application isn't due until April 1st but I guess they have. Their aim was for 30 students this time. 

I was also recently contacted by an application advisor and she asked if I wanted to postpone my application bc my GRE  scores were right under their recommended combined score of 290 (187). Also, if I would consider putting their new campus Dallas as my top choice. She said they have a lot of slots still. I asked if it helped my chances of getting accepted and she said no but I thought it couldn't hurt and agreed. She said to give them 3-5 weeks for a decision. Fingers crossed!!!!!

5 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

I was also recently contacted by an application advisor and she asked if I wanted to postpone my application bc my GRE  scores were right under their recommended combined score of 290 (187). Also, if I would consider putting their new campus Dallas as my top choice. She said they have a lot of slots still. I asked if it helped my chances of getting accepted and she said no but I thought it couldn't hurt and agreed. She said to give them 3-5 weeks for a decision. Fingers crossed!!!!!

Is the Dallas campus also under candidacy accreditation?

On 3/23/2019 at 6:19 PM, slplo said:

Is the Dallas campus also under candidacy accreditation?

Actually, I didn't even think to ask that but I assume so since it's new.

On 3/6/2019 at 5:24 AM, CaidanFire said:

Im currently in the MS-SLP graduate program at St. Augustine's in TX if you are still looking for information

Yes! I applied and wanted to know the pros/cons and how helpful are the professors. Do you recommend them? Any info will help! 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Speechie608 said:

Has anyone heard anything about the Dallas campus acceptance/interview dates? 

No. But when I last spoke to an admissions advisor she said to give them 3-5 weeks which will be 4 weeks for me this coming Tuesday. I'm trying not to think about it too much because it's been pretty stressful. I'm ready for the next step.   Did you apply directly for the Dallas campus or did they ask you to switch from Austin to Dallas?

On 3/23/2019 at 11:50 AM, Ggslpa said:

what is their recommended GRE score?

Did anyone get a C in any of their ASHA pre reqs and get accepted to this program?

Edited by KEIM

5 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

Hey guys! Any recent news????

They told me it will be up to five weeks before they get back to me.  It has only been about two weeks for me. I have not had an interview yet. Have you?

On 4/17/2019 at 3:07 PM, KEIM said:

what is their recommended GRE score?

Did anyone get a C in any of their ASHA pre reqs and get accepted to this program?

So I thought I read that they wanted to see a combined V and Q = 294, but when I talked to the enrollment advisor she said 290 was recommended. As for the C and still getting accepted....I'm not sure.

19 hours ago, slplo said:

They told me it will be up to five weeks before they get back to me.  It has only been about two weeks for me. I have not had an interview yet. Have you?

So the 16th was officially 4 weeks since the enrollment advisor told me they submitted my application.  I was also told 3-5 weeks to hear back. I have not heard anything yet. I'm totally hoping for a chance to interview!!!!!!  

1 hour ago, Ggslpa said:

So I thought I read that they wanted to see a combined V and Q = 294, but when I talked to the enrollment advisor she said 290 was recommended. As for the C and still getting accepted....I'm not sure.

I think a 290 might be doable as long as I study hard for it. Their enrollment advisor said I won't be disqualified if my ASHA pre reqs are more than 5 years old but if I got a C in one of them that might pose a problem. Most programs don't this requirement. I suppose I might suck it up and take stats for the third time. 

I hope you hear from them soon! 

Edited by KEIM

Hang in there everyone!  Its a great program. They really look at everything and their biggest concern is whether or not you will be a great clinician - not just if you meet the stats that everyone usually focuses on. My cohort is filled with people from different backgrounds and the stats are all over the board. I heard that some people think the program is easier or accepts only those with lower stats. Not the case. Just to put it in perspective and not to scare anyone off. I had a solid 4.0, Verbal GRE 168, Writing score 4.5, Math, not so good - 143!!! (and we will never speak of that score again!! LOL)  Lots of experience with ABA. No research and only shadowed SLP.

But, a member of my cohort had a 3.4, GRE score 293 (dont know the break down),  former military and has 3 years experience working as an SLPA.  We are all different and bring something different to the program. 

Hope you all hear great news soon! And since the older cohorts mentor newer cohorts, I might get to know some of you a bit better and walk this journey with you!

(p.s. Semester ends next Fri, so its finals week and I may not be around to answer any questions. But, good luck!!)

Edited by CaidanFire

On 4/19/2019 at 9:55 AM, CaidanFire said:

Hang in there everyone!  Its a great program. They really look at everything and their biggest concern is whether or not you will be a great clinician - not just if you meet the stats that everyone usually focuses on. My cohort is filled with people from different backgrounds and the stats are all over the board. I heard that some people think the program is easier or accepts only those with lower stats. Not the case. Just to put it in perspective and not to scare anyone off. I had a solid 4.0, Verbal GRE 168, Writing score 4.5, Math, not so good - 143!!! (and we will never speak of that score again!! LOL)  Lots of experience with ABA. No research and only shadowed SLP.

But, a member of my cohort had a 3.4, GRE score 293 (dont know the break down),  former military and has 3 years experience working as an SLPA.  We are all different and bring something different to the program. 

Hope you all hear great news soon! And since the older cohorts mentor newer cohorts, I might get to know some of you a bit better and walk this journey with you!

(p.s. Semester ends next Fri, so its finals week and I may not be around to answer any questions. But, good luck!!)

Thanks for the insight into the program it's nice to know that there are people from all backgrounds in the program. My only concern is that the program is currently an Accreditation Candidate. I have been told that you can still get fully licensed but there is a bit more paperwork involved and you have to prove yours hours. Is this something you were worried about or is it a non issue?

No worries at all! Everyone in every program has to prove hours. Its easy though. You keep track of them in an online program called Calipso. I talked with ASHA becore applting, they assured me that there will be no problem with getting the license. I also talked to my state..same answer. 

Yes the program is in accreditation candidacy status. No big deal. Every program was at one time. The program director and her team are phenomenal. They have developed a great program and truly care about the students success. 

Hope that helps.