22 hours ago, FutureSLP1212 said:

What were your scores if you don't mind me asking. The last email I received was from them asking me to send in my observation hours. I wonder when should we expect to hear anything?

Verbal: 147, Quantitative: 145, Writing: 4. They told me they recommend a combined score of 294 and writing of 4, so I am close. But yes, she also asked me for my observation hours. I don't think they even had a section in CSDCAS to upload them lol I just sent them what UCF sent me and emailed her back. She hasn't replied back to me though. 

Where are you guys located? I was informed that they are still trying to get permission to admit students from certain states since it is an online program. 

I would email/call the program directly with your questions! They’re very friendly and helpful :) 

1 hour ago, GeeLee said:

Where are you guys located? I was informed that they are still trying to get permission to admit students from certain states since it is an online program. 

I would email/call the program directly with your questions! They’re very friendly and helpful :) 

I live in Florida! That would make sense. I've been emailing the admissions lady and she seems very nice! :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
3 hours ago, rebeccank17 said:

Also wondering the same thing..

Hi! I received an email from someone the other day saying that at the time I was applying they weren't accepting Florida students, but that they will be for January 2019, so I let them forward my application for that semester. Hopefully I hear something back!

24 minutes ago, slptobe! said:

Does anyone know if they are accredited yet? I looked on ASHA and they didn't have it listed, so I'm not sure if I should apply... 

On ASHA EdFind I couldn't find this school listed in their search either. Seems sketchy at first because in undergrad they stressed to us how important ASHA EdFind was and that we need to make sure the programs we apply to are fully accredited... but I've heard that EdFind is not frequently updated, I think they update it once a year. The University of St. Aug. is a newer program so they may just not be on their yet. On the University of St. Augustine site it says: "It is the intent of the USAHS MS-SLP program to comply with Candidacy status requirements and to seek full accreditation. Currently, Speech-Language Pathology program graduates must hold a degree from a Speech-Language Pathology program that is considered to be in Accreditation Candidate status or fully accredited by the CAA, depending on the state, in order to be eligible to practice as a licensed speech-language pathologist in most states.So basically they are in Candidacy status until 2023, all "emerging and developing" programs have 5 years to get fully accredited if I understand properly. So from now 2018, until 5 years later which will be in 2023 that they should receive full accreditation status if they continue to comply with the CAA standards. This is the link to their CAA letter, on the top it shows the 3 concerns that they need to fix :https://www.asha.org/eweb/CAAawp/0330 University of Saint Augustine for Health Sciences - Austin TX - SLP Candidacy Application 7.2018 AAR.pdf 

After reading through that letter the program seems legit, and the concerns they had don't seem to be a huge deal but I read something about the school being sold. Not sure what that means but I'm too worried to apply and be in a program that might possibly be shut down or something. I may wait and see how it goes for others in the program before applying. And sorry this is an essay but I looked into it and thought I might as well share what I found with anyone else who might be curious

On 10/9/2018 at 2:04 PM, smarieSLP2b said:

On ASHA EdFind I couldn't find this school listed in their search either. Seems sketchy at first because in undergrad they stressed to us how important ASHA EdFind was and that we need to make sure the programs we apply to are fully accredited... but I've heard that EdFind is not frequently updated, I think they update it once a year. The University of St. Aug. is a newer program so they may just not be on their yet. On the University of St. Augustine site it says: "It is the intent of the USAHS MS-SLP program to comply with Candidacy status requirements and to seek full accreditation. Currently, Speech-Language Pathology program graduates must hold a degree from a Speech-Language Pathology program that is considered to be in Accreditation Candidate status or fully accredited by the CAA, depending on the state, in order to be eligible to practice as a licensed speech-language pathologist in most states.So basically they are in Candidacy status until 2023, all "emerging and developing" programs have 5 years to get fully accredited if I understand properly. So from now 2018, until 5 years later which will be in 2023 that they should receive full accreditation status if they continue to comply with the CAA standards. This is the link to their CAA letter, on the top it shows the 3 concerns that they need to fix :https://www.asha.org/eweb/CAAawp/0330 University of Saint Augustine for Health Sciences - Austin TX - SLP Candidacy Application 7.2018 AAR.pdf 

After reading through that letter the program seems legit, and the concerns they had don't seem to be a huge deal but I read something about the school being sold. Not sure what that means but I'm too worried to apply and be in a program that might possibly be shut down or something. I may wait and see how it goes for others in the program before applying. And sorry this is an essay but I looked into it and thought I might as well share what I found with anyone else who might be curious

Yes I did this research also! I know someone who is going to the school now and she has said pretty good things overall. Nothing that would be a red flag.

Just now, rebeccank17 said:

Yes I did this research also! I know someone who is going to the school now and she has said pretty good things overall. Nothing that would be a red flag.

I also looked at that letter and noticed they already corrected the concern about their accreditation status on their website. I'm assuming they corrected it after they received this letter.

1 hour ago, rebeccank17 said:

I also looked at that letter and noticed they already corrected the concern about their accreditation status on their website. I'm assuming they corrected it after they received this letter.

Yay, I'm glad someone else looked into it as much as I did lol. And thanks for mentioning that you know someone in the program and that it's going well. The price is very affordable compared to Nova and other distance programs so I'm glad here in FL we have another option. Have you attended their info session? They have one coming up on 10/25.

6 hours ago, smarieSLP2b said:

Yay, I'm glad someone else looked into it as much as I did lol. And thanks for mentioning that you know someone in the program and that it's going well. The price is very affordable compared to Nova and other distance programs so I'm glad here in FL we have another option. Have you attended their info session? They have one coming up on 10/25.

I'm very interested in what has been said in the info sessions as well! I have an interview this Thursday for the school so fingers crossed it goes well! It would be perfect with it being distant. They did say once every trimester you will have to visit the campus for a weekend, just to give you a heads up! :)

On 10/15/2018 at 8:41 PM, SavSLP2Be said:

I'm very interested in what has been said in the info sessions as well! I have an interview this Thursday for the school so fingers crossed it goes well! It would be perfect with it being distant. They did say once every trimester you will have to visit the campus for a weekend, just to give you a heads up! :)

Hey do you know if we can visit the florida campus if we live in FL? I would hate to have to take multiple flights. I definitely don't mind driving to the Miami or St. Augustine campuses though.

On 10/22/2018 at 10:35 PM, smarieSLP2b said:

Hey do you know if we can visit the florida campus if we live in FL? I would hate to have to take multiple flights. I definitely don't mind driving to the Miami or St. Augustine campuses though.

They made us visit the Austin campus because that's the campus we would go to our residency's one weekend every trimester. I tried asking if the could do a skype or facetime for me since I also live in Florida, but they said that they would like us to visit there and do the interview in person. 

On 10/24/2018 at 6:45 PM, SavSLP2Be said:

They made us visit the Austin campus because that's the campus we would go to our residency's one weekend every trimester. I tried asking if the could do a skype or facetime for me since I also live in Florida, but they said that they would like us to visit there and do the interview in person. 

Oh no, that sounds like it would be expensive and a hassle to travel to Texas every trimester. Technically, it is only a weekend so it might not be that bad and a small sacrifice but I'm sure the costs add up especially if you try to maintain a job back home.

• 1 month later...

Hey you guys. Anyone applied for the spring semester of 2019? I had my interview two weeks ago via Skype, and should be hearing from the admissions board this week or next. I’m nervous, but excited. 

2 hours ago, KendallSLPA said:

I have a question about this program, do they only accept applicants from certain states right now? I was interested in this program but it seems they don’t accept from all states. 

Yes, it’s mostly southern states, like Texas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, and a few more. They have it on their website