2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

3 hours ago, Fithenorth said:

I called the Western's MPH program this morning. They said that they have already sent out the second round offer. People who are not on the list will receive an email this week in regarding to the situation. I am guessing the waiting list is pretty small since the program manager knows who I am right away. Good luck to everyone!!! 

I received an email 30 mins ago saying that all offers have been sent out and I can remain on the waitlist if I would like ? 

6 hours ago, Fithenorth said:

I called the Western's MPH program this morning. They said that they have already sent out the second round offer. People who are not on the list will receive an email this week in regarding to the situation. I am guessing the waiting list is pretty small since the program manager knows who I am right away. Good luck to everyone!!! 

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this. I called the office after reading it and they said I should hear about whether I’ll get an offer or stay on the waitlist this week. 

I was sent an email not too long after that: I have been accepted!! 

I am so grateful for all of your support xo 

they said there will be movement on the waitlist until August. I’d highly recommend calling the manager. 

27 minutes ago, Stardust3000 said:

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this. I called the office after reading it and they said I should hear about whether I’ll get an offer or stay on the waitlist this week. 

I was sent an email not too long after that: I have been accepted!! 

I am so grateful for all of your support xo 

they said there will be movement on the waitlist until August. I’d highly recommend calling the manager. 

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you :)

When did they say you need to accept the offer by?

49 minutes ago, Stardust3000 said:

Sit tight and call the manager, Diana tomorrow morning. I believe they are still evaluating them for another round. I understand how nerve-wrecking it is..... they said there will be movement until August 

Okay . I just got accepted but I declined it. Maybe you are taking me spot. lol best luck to you! 

2 hours ago, KPJ said:

I got accepted yesterday (June 5) and they gave me until June 13 to accept/decline, hope that helps for those still waiting! In case some who got offers off the waitlist aren't accepting.

Thank you for the updates everyone.

I got the offer to Western MPH today around 2:00 pm and will be accepting. I hope we see some more waitlist movement in the coming weeks.

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for the class?

7 hours ago, KPJ said:

Thank you so much! 

It says I have to accept by June 13. My application was literally with the committee during my phone call. It was so nerve-wrecking. But I was told that there WILL be movement on the waitlist. They said some international students' visas don't go through, and if they physically can not make it to Canada in early August, then they pull from the waitlist. 

There will definitely be waitlist movement in June & August (I don't know much about July). I hope you hear good news soon!! 

3 hours ago, Hela345 said:

Thank you for the updates everyone.

I got the offer to Western MPH today around 2:00 pm and will be accepting. I hope we see some more waitlist movement in the coming weeks.

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for the class?

Congratulations!!! Did you also get a phone call? I missed mine :(

I haven't come across a facebook group yet. But we can make an informal one if you'd like? 

For anyone still waiting for McMaster, I just called for their Global Health Program waitlist, and they said they are expecting to have movement until the first week of September :o 

5 hours ago, Fithenorth said:

For the people who got in the Western MPH yesterday, did you guys receive an email saying that they have sent out all the offers and the program is now full at around 12:30 pm? 

They didn’t say anything about the program being full. 

Did anyone else who received the waitlist email from Western yesterday also get this:

"Alternatively, we could pass your file over to the Global Health professional master’s program for consideration to be admitted to that program.

https://www.uwo.ca/africainstitute/programs/MMASc.html

Please note that if you wish to be considered for the Global Health program you can’t remain on the MPH waitlist."

32 minutes ago, Fithenorth said:

What is on ur email then??? They asked if I would like to stay on the waitlist in the email. did they ask you too?? I am extra anxious now!!!! 

They presented an offer of admission. No mention of a waitlist at all in the email. Basically there will be movement on the waitlist until Aug. Some people have to withdraw due to financial reasons and others (international students) are not able to physically be present in Canada by Aug due to immigration issues. Before I was accepted, I was told that there WILL be movement on the waitlist until Aug, but didn’t say if everyone on the waitlist will be accepted. 

I’d highly recommend calling Diana Lee. She’s so sweet and helpful. 

Hi all, apologies if this has been discussed (I'm sure it has) but given the thousands of responses on this thread I cannot look through them all.

I am hoping to apply to MPH programs for Fall 2020, and I would ideally like an on-campus program (not online) and also would like to focus on Global Health, with a practicum abroad.
Thus, the two programs worth considering seem to be UofA and SFU... and I am wondering if anyone has any insight into the pros and cons of each of these programs compared to one another?
Alternatively, are there any other schools you might suggest?

Thanks in advance!

On 6/7/2019 at 12:20 AM, Stardust3000 said:

Congratulations!!! Did you also get a phone call? I missed mine :(

I haven't come across a facebook group yet. But we can make an informal one if you'd like? 

No, I actually missed mine too! But they sent a welcome email today saying they'll send out invitations to a facebook group in the coming months.

11 hours ago, Fithenorth said:

What is on ur email then??? They asked if I would like to stay on the waitlist in the email. did they ask you too?? I am extra anxious now!!!! 

They asked me the same thing! Don't worry. Just respond to them with you preference:

-You can stay on the MPH waitlist

-They can forward your file to their Global Health program

-You can ask to be taken off the waitlist

Good luck :)

11 hours ago, Doms said:

Did anyone else who received the waitlist email from Western yesterday also get this:

"Alternatively, we could pass your file over to the Global Health professional master’s program for consideration to be admitted to that program.

https://www.uwo.ca/africainstitute/programs/MMASc.html

Please note that if you wish to be considered for the Global Health program you can’t remain on the MPH waitlist."

Yes, I got the same thing!

6 hours ago, bbbbbbb said:

Hi all, apologies if this has been discussed (I'm sure it has) but given the thousands of responses on this thread I cannot look through them all.

I am hoping to apply to MPH programs for Fall 2020, and I would ideally like an on-campus program (not online) and also would like to focus on Global Health, with a practicum abroad.
Thus, the two programs worth considering seem to be UofA and SFU... and I am wondering if anyone has any insight into the pros and cons of each of these programs compared to one another?
Alternatively, are there any other schools you might suggest?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know too much about U of A and SFU but McMaster has an amazing Global Health program! They have a practicum abroad and on campus program (as far as I understand). Good luck :)