Fall 2019 Applicants

WRS

5 hours ago, novella said:

Anyone else see a link to "Terms and Conditions of Acceptance" under the "Forms" section of their Harvard portal? (Or am I just going crazy waiting for a decision?) 

I see the same form but there is no decision letter. Seems like it is just some standard form...

4 hours ago, artsyrobot said:

I see the same form but there is no decision letter. Seems like it is just some standard form...

I don't know, I don't have that link under my forms section on the Harvard portal... maybe it's an indication of good news for both @artsyrobotand @novella!! :D

Edited by DigitalHubris

11 hours ago, novella said:

Anyone else see a link to "Terms and Conditions of Acceptance" under the "Forms" section of their Harvard portal? (Or am I just going crazy waiting for a decision?) 

My form changed the status from "Optional" to "Required" and I have no idea what it means because I still haven't got any decision letter.

To any Harvard admitted here, did you get an official decision letter by e-mail? 

3 hours ago, sr8642 said:

Anyone want to claim the Penn acceptance? 

I'm really curious about this. Feb 4 seems a bit early compared to other years. My portal says "Ready for Review," so I'm assuming they haven't even looked at it yet as I know other schools will update the status to "Under Review" when they actually start looking at your app.

If this helps anyone: I was accepted to a school that hasn't sent out official notices and my status was changed to 'complete.' It is a school that uses the applyweb portal. 

Edited to add: for a school I was rejected from it also says 'complete' but that school I did received an official decision. 

Edited by artemisia

So generally I'm confused about people talking about "checking the portal" before the decision is sent out.

Is checking the portal just going back to the link of the application? Like mine all say "submitted."

BUT when I got rejected from USC it was like "make an account with the portal and then check your decision" and that was a different link than my application. 

so is there a way to check such a portal before getting an email telling you to check it?

On 2/5/2019 at 11:47 AM, warmmuffins said:

Does anyone happen to know how much the funding/stipend is at the IFA for PhD students? I know this is a premature question at this point, but I haven't been able to find any information online and I'm just trying to get an idea!

I had emailed the program coordinator a few months ago - it's a $31K stipend + covered tuition, fees, and healthcare + other funding sources. They were pretty open with details, I think you could email them for more information if you'd like. 

10 minutes ago, FiLoveU said:

So generally I'm confused about people talking about "checking the portal" before the decision is sent out.

Is checking the portal just going back to the link of the application? Like mine all say "submitted."

BUT when I got rejected from USC it was like "make an account with the portal and then check your decision" and that was a different link than my application. 

so is there a way to check such a portal before getting an email telling you to check it?

I think it depends on the school but for most of mine the portal on which you submitted the app is also where you receive the decision (no making a new portal, etc). With apps like these you can check the status of submitted, under review, completed, etc. Obviously varies from school to school, this is just my experience. 

31 minutes ago, wensz said:

Anyone else who haven't heard from U.Chicago yet see a link to Decision Documents in their portal?  It's empty when I click on it though.  Oh boy, I feel as if I should brace myself for a rejection letter tomorrow.

same! grrrr..... just wish it would happen all at once

9 hours ago, novella said:

@artsyrobot my form status also changed to "Required" (in red!) and I have not received any news of a decision

I see it too, although there was nothing there for me when you guys posted about it yesterday.  The form itself just sounds like a safe-measure notification for all of us to sign but I have no idea if they would send this now to every person who applied in December.  Sighhh...who knows

14 hours ago, wensz said:

Anyone else who haven't heard from U.Chicago yet see a link to Decision Documents in their portal?  It's empty when I click on it though.  Oh boy, I feel as if I should brace myself for a rejection letter tomorrow.

I saw that yesterday when I checked, but by this morning the Decision Documents link had disappeared. I'm feeling like I missed the window for good news.

35 minutes ago, serendipity17 said:

still haven't heard from any of my schools yet... I feel like that's not a good sign. Anyone else in the same boat? 

I'm right there with you, I've had brief communication with a few professors but that was a while ago. I'm trying to remind myself that many people get admitted without an interview and it's still fairly early in February but that doesn't mean I'm not stressed.

Similar thing here. I was accepted to one of my programs, but I haven't heard a peep from any of my other schools. I went through all of this in 2010 when I started my MA. I didn't hear anything until April. Of course then everything was done by mail. I would rush home hoping to see a big envelope in my mail box rather than a small one (acceptance vs rejection).

Guest tarsila89
58 minutes ago, serendipity17 said:

still haven't heard from any of my schools yet... I feel like that's not a good sign. Anyone else in the same boat? 

Absolutely in the same boat. 3 out of the 4 I applied to don’t do interviews, so it’s been dead silent. I guess we also just chose schools that are slower to make their decisions this year... so frustrating!

1 hour ago, serendipity17 said:

Yes! Some schools I applied to have sent interviews, and some rejections but I haven't heard anything yet and each day I feel less hopeful. Good luck to you!

On 2/7/2019 at 8:44 PM, wensz said:

I had to check my 'promotions" tab on my gmail to get a rejection/deferred to the MA, but I don't have a Decision Document link, so might be a good sign for you... good luck!