2019 Canadian SLP Thread

2 minutes ago, 19SPEECHIE said:

Did you get an email notifying waitlists? Also can you access Mosaic?!

Yes, I got an e-mail at 2:14pm telling me that I was waitlisted. Unfortunately, they didn't tell me what position on the waitlist or how many people will be waitlisted. I can access Mosaic, and my status continues to be "pending". 

On 2/27/2019 at 4:28 PM, YaySLP! said:

I know it's a couple of days early, but does anyone know of any good resources for preparing for McMaster's MMI's?

From looking at the 2018 SLP thread, it seems like they will be asking situational and personal questions.

Maybe a dumb question but if we aren't invited for an interview tomorrow that inevitably means we have been rejected from McMaster, correct? 

Do they let people know if they were denied an interview?

12 hours ago, SLPwannabe! said:

Maybe a dumb question but if we aren't invited for an interview tomorrow that inevitably means we have been rejected from McMaster, correct? 

Do they let people know if they were denied an interview?

Yes they will - I just got my rejection email.

1 hour ago, 19SPEECHIE said:

Yes they will - I just got my rejection email.

1 hour ago, slpleaseee said:

Don't worry I was denied an interview as well. I really hope you get in wherever else you applied though! :)

I was rejected too. Oh well. It stings but I still have 4 schools to hear from. 

This is kind of a random question, but when the final decisions come out in April, if you were to be placed on the wait list, how long could you be on it? 

I’m asking because I got into CDA programs as a back-up for SLP, and I have to confirm those offers/find housing by May 1st.