2019 Canadian SLP Thread

On 3/11/2019 at 6:56 PM, SpeechM said:

Hey everyone! I’ve been reading this thread for a while and I finally decided to contribute. This is my first year applying to speech! I applied at UofA and McGill. Do you think McGill will start contacting people this week? ? 

Hi! According to their website, the first round of acceptances will be sent out mid-March so fingers crossed and good luck! I'm getting anxious now that it's closer to :)

46 minutes ago, 2019SLPApp said:

Just received my call from McGill. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking - did you receive an email too? And does your UApply say "In review" or "Decision made"?  Thanks :)

1 hour ago, sm2572 said:

Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking - did you receive an email too? And does your UApply say "In review" or "Decision made"?  Thanks :)

Thank you!! I got a call, and she said I would receive an email later in the day with all the details. And no it still says in "review".  :)

51 minutes ago, theitsybitsySLP said:

Just received a call from McGill as well; my application still says 'in review', however. They did say it should change to 'application recommended', so I guess it may take a while for the change to show on UApply.

Congrats!! Do mind sharing the first letter of your last name? They often go alphabetically through the list of calls!

1 hour ago, 2019SLPApp said:

Thank you!! I got a call, and she said I would receive an email later in the day with all the details. And no it still says in "review".  :)

Congrats!! Do mind sharing the first letter of your last name? As they often go alphabetically through the list of calls!

Congrats to everyone hearing back from McGill!!! That's so exciting!

I was really hoping today was going to be the day that Dalhousie started contacting people- for the past couple of years it looks like they've always started on a Wednesday in mid-March. The not knowing is really starting to get to me! 

8 minutes ago, maroo7 said:

Congrats to everyone hearing back from McGill!!! That's so exciting!

I was really hoping today was going to be the day that Dalhousie started contacting people- for the past couple of years it looks like they've always started on a Wednesday in mid-March. The not knowing is really starting to get to me! 

I'm totally with you @maroo7!!! The waiting (and constant email checking ?) is the worst! Can you let me know when you hear?  

1 hour ago, slp.dreamer said:

Congrats!! Do mind sharing the first letter of your last name? As they often go alphabetically through the list of calls!

Hi, I don't think it's alphabetical because my last name starts with a T and I got the call at 9am. Hope that helps!

I got an acceptance call earlier from a man named Dwade from McGill. I was very surprised I got accepted because of my average GPA, but I guess they focus a great deal on volunteer work. I spent the last year volunteering with children with cleft palates in Europe. If anyone would like info on this volunteer work just send me a message! So excited to meet everyone! 

-STEVE

1 minute ago, DirtySteve said:

I got an acceptance call earlier from a man named Dwade from McGill. I was very surprised I got accepted because of my average GPA, but I guess they focus a great deal on volunteer work. I spent the last year volunteering with children with cleft palates in Europe. If anyone would like info on this volunteer work just send me a message! So excited to meet everyone! 

-STEVE

What's your GPA if you don't mind me asking?

Does anyone know how intensely Western looks at grades for prerequisite courses? All of mine, except for stats,a re great. However, stats KILLED me (thank god I could bring my GPA back up to a 3.62) but im afraid that it will ruin my chances of acceptances :( 

Hi everyone! 

I originally posted about a signature but I figured it out. I guess I'll use this no-deleting posts policy to ask a question that I have regarding the schools.

Does anyone know if UofT, Western or McMaster calls its students like McGill to offer positions? My phone is broken and I'm wondering if I should rush to get it fixed or if I should just focus on Orpas.

Thanks!

Edited by slpleaseletmeintoslp

31 minutes ago, slpleaseletmeintoslp said:

Hi everyone! 

I originally posted about a signature but I figured it out. I guess I'll use this no-deleting posts policy to ask a question that I have regarding the schools.

Does anyone know if UofT, Western or McMaster calls its students like McGill to offer positions? My phone is broken and I'm wondering if I should rush to get it fixed or if I should just focus on Orpas.

Thanks!

Hey! I've heard in the past UofT has called, but it always lets you know on ORPAS too, so you're good. Pretty sure the other schools also update the portal!