2019 Canadian SLP Thread

Hi everyone! Just discovered this page last week and i'm not sure if it's been helpful or made me crazier. Anyway, I applied only to Dal, because I only switched into Linguistics in third year and did not have time to take the necessary prereqs for other Cdn schools. Yesterday I emailed to ask when we would hear back, as I have a job offer for the fall that I wasn't sure what to do about. Marion got back to me and said they had JUST submitted their decisions to her, and let me know that I'm in! Yay! So I imagine they will be contacting people tomorrow or Friday with their unofficial offers! Good luck to all ?

Edited by LilWug

1 hour ago, LilWug said:

Hi everyone! Just discovered this page last week and i'm not sure if it's been helpful or made me crazier. Anyway, I applied only to Dal, because I only switched into Linguistics in third year and did not have time to take the necessary prereqs for other Cdn schools. Yesterday I emailed to ask when we would hear back, as I have a job offer for the fall that I wasn't sure what to do about. Marion got back to me and said they had JUST submitted their decisions to her, and let me know that I'm in! Yay! So I imagine they will be contacting people tomorrow or Friday with their unofficial offers! Good luck to all ?

Thank you for letting us know @LilWug it is such a relief to know that we will hear soon! Congrats on getting in! 

4 hours ago, LilWug said:

Congratulations on getting accepted at Dal!!!

13 minutes ago, EagerSpeechie2019 said:

Congratulations! Did they send an email? 

I got an email to check the portal and I had a letter there!

24 minutes ago, EagerSpeechie2019 said:

Has anyone not heard from U of A but applied? Trying to not feel totally discouraged. 

I applied and haven’t heard back from them yet either!

Edited by SpeechM

3 minutes ago, EagerSpeechie2019 said:

Phew. Thanks for replying! Have you applied elsewhere? I'm located in Calgary so U of A is my top choice. Keeping my fingers crossed! 

No problem, I’m relieved too. I got into McGill and I know different schools look at different things, but I’m hoping that means there’s a decent chance UofA will accept me. And I know what you mean. I’m from Edmonton and UofA would be super convenient for me

Just now, SpeechM said:

No problem, I’m relieved too. I got into McGill and I know different schools look at different things, but I’m hoping that means there’s a decent chance UofA will accept me. And I know what you mean. I’m from Edmonton and UofA would be super convenient for me

Hopefully, we'll find out soon. Good luck :)

54 minutes ago, EagerSpeechie2019 said:

Has anyone not heard from U of A but applied? Trying to not feel totally discouraged. 

Mine still says 'Under Review'!  I am totally stressing though lol 

Congrats everyone so far on U of A acceptances! As eselp mentioned above, they usually send out admissions in waves, so don't stress if you haven't heard yet! It took around a month for our class acceptances to be sent out :) I'm in first year right now at U of A, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and I can try and answer them!