2019 Canadian SLP Thread

Could anyone who got into Western, Alberta, or Dal private message me their stats? This is my third year applying (and so far being rejected across the board), and I really need to figure out what part of my application needs the most work. Thanks in advance and congratulations to you all!!

Just now, doubleyou said:

Just got the official email: I've been waitlisted at McMaster! Would be great to know if anyone is turning down their Mac acceptance (or won't be taking their place on the waitlist). Thanks, and good luck everyone!

I've been accepted at McMaster, but U of T is my top pick. So, once we hear back from them (if I'm in, of course), I'll be turning down mine!

1 hour ago, doubleyou said:

Just got the official email: I've been waitlisted at McMaster! Would be great to know if anyone is turning down their Mac acceptance (or won't be taking their place on the waitlist). Thanks, and good luck everyone!

Hey! I'm still yet to decide but UofT is also my top choice so if I get accepted there I will be turning down my spot at Mac.

Best of luck!!

2 hours ago, slp.dreamer said:

Could anyone who got into Western, Alberta, or Dal private message me their stats? This is my third year applying (and so far being rejected across the board), and I really need to figure out what part of my application needs the most work. Thanks in advance and congratulations to you all!!

I'm pretty sure that most schools will tell you what it was about your application that made them turn you down if you call and ask. (I have a friend that called U of A to ask a few years ago). So you might wanna give that a try?

17 minutes ago, Speechbot said:

Just got an offer on ORPAS from UofT, I’m in complete shock right now but SO happy! Good luck to everyone else still waiting ❤️

Congrats!! Did you get an email saying that ORPAS has an update?

8 hours ago, dftba95 said:

Thanks for sharing! I emailed the grad admin when I got my letter asking about funding opportunities so I’ll let you know if she says anything you haven’t already mentioned. 

I think my first semester I’m just going to try and survive, forget “top 5” ._. I wonder how many cohorts there are in the program though? Seems like there’s quite a few on gradcafe so Dal’s SLP program may be bigger than most grad programs (pure speculation). 

Yeah let me know! And actually, Dal is one of the smallest programs, with about 30 students! I guess just a weird proportion of us have found this site!

Hello!

I was accepted to Alberta and Ottawa, waitlisted at Western. I am still waiting to hear back from Dal.

I'd be curious to talk to current grad students at Alberta and Ottawa!

Congrats to everyone who got in/got waitlisted and good luck to everyone still waiting on news!

Edited by _SLP_2019

2 hours ago, doubleyou said:

I was accepted at Mac but am accepting my offer at McGill! Best of luck!! :)

1 minute ago, SLPme said:

I read that someone saw an offer from UofT on ORPAS but not in their email, does anyone else have an offer on ORPAS from UofT ? 

Just got an email rejection from U of T but no updates on ORPAS