2019 Canadian SLP Thread

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone who will be declining their acceptance to UofA can like or comment on this post. Just trying to gauge my chances of making it from off the waitlist. Thanks and congrats to all who got in ?

6 minutes ago, SLP(lease) said:

Has anyone gotten a rejection from U of A yet?

Also the longer I go without hearing, does that mean it's most likely going to be a no?

I don't think that is how it works... Last year I got a rejection letter around 10:45 pm on March 29th. But I'm not sure if that means that no wait list or acceptance letters were sent after that time. 

10 hours ago, SLP(lease) said:

Has anyone gotten a rejection from U of A yet?

Also the longer I go without hearing, does that mean it's most likely going to be a no?

I just happened upon this "Fall 2019 Applicants:  The Admissions Committee has met and the results will be sent to your applicant portal by the end of next week. " on the uofa website, so no they are probably still sending answers 

On 3/29/2019 at 10:08 AM, slphopeful101 said:

Congrats everyone so far on U of A acceptances! As eselp mentioned above, they usually send out admissions in waves, so don't stress if you haven't heard yet! It took around a month for our class acceptances to be sent out :) I'm in first year right now at U of A, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and I can try and answer them! 

How is U of A going now?? I just found out that I was accepted and it is my dream school :) 

Hi Everyone! 

I was accepted into UofA as well!! It took a lot of hard work and extra preparation after my undergrad but so worth it now in the end!!! Would love to connect with anyone else who is planning on attending here! Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back!  

Edited by Hopeful_Speechie

1 hour ago, slpleaseletmeintoslp said:

Hey everyone,

I hope I'm not interrupting the peace by asking this question but IS ANYONE ELSE FREAKING OUT? 

Best of luck to all of you deserving people. I know I won't be the only one frantically checking my status at midnight tonight. 

I feel like I haven’t slept for days. SLP has been my dream since I was like 10 and now that the countdown is down to a matter of hours the nerves are amplified by 10,000. 

Best of luck to everyone! Fingers crossed our hard work has payed off!

Has anyone received a rejection letter from UofA? I haven't heard yet and am fearful that I may be one of the people that has been rejected!

45 minutes ago, ARBSLP said:

Has anyone received a rejection letter from UofA? I haven't heard yet and am fearful that I may be one of the people that has been rejected!

I'm thinking the same thing ? 

7 hours ago, mnm1996 said:

Just received an email saying I've been accepted to Dalhousie!! It was the only school I applied for so I am naturally ecstatic!  Good luck to everyone. 

Got my acceptance this afternoon as well for Dal! Congrats!! Do you know anything about potential funding? I didn’t apply for the thesis option so I don’t know if there’s any funding allocated for non-thesis students. 

To those of you waiting, I hope you all hear back soon. I’m sending good vibes your way ❤️

Edited by dftba95

54 minutes ago, dftba95 said:

Got my acceptance this afternoon as well for Dal! Congrats!! Do you know anything about potential funding? I didn’t apply for the thesis option so I don’t know if there’s any funding allocated for non-thesis students. 

To those of you waiting, I hope you all hear back soon. I’m sending good vibes your way ❤️

I tried to look into funding options a few days ago, and it seems like they're pretty limited for non-thesis students (I'm in the same situation as you). Apparently there are also merit-based scholarships awarded after the first year of the program, but I am not sure how much those are for (not to mention that banking on having one of the top five GPAs in the program sounds stressful as heck)