Fall 2019 Statistics Applicant Thread

I see that some folks reported getting waitlisted by Carnegie Mellon yesterday and today.Ā  It looks like waitlists and acceptances came out at roughly the same time last year (and fairly similarly in 2017), so it'll be interesting to see if any of our forum superstars get accepted today.Ā  Congratulations to everyone who gets in, congratulations to those waitlisted too (with a special extra allocation of luck)!

@galoisĀ Which school are you hoping to ask about?Ā  For instance, Duke's visit day is 2 weeks from Friday, so if you wanted to know if you should think about keeping that time period open in case someone declines a spot, then I wouldn't think it would be a bad idea to ask pretty soon.

(As usual, I'm very far from being an expert, so caveat emptor)

Oh man. I've got a work off-site that I need to be in Boston for that Friday. But I guess it doesn't matter because I'm not accepted anywayĀ ?

But yes, I'm curious mainly about my status at Duke and Caltech. I also know that my chances are basically nil for Caltech, butĀ I would like to email and find out just so that IĀ knowĀ I'm not going, instead of clinging onto this small hope.

Between UW stat, Boston University biostat, UIUC stat a day or two ago,Ā and even a couple reports from Emory biostat and Johns Hopkins biostat today, it seems like the Ph.D. rejections are starting to really ramp up.Ā  Best of luck to everyone effected (as well as to anyone recently rejected from one of many Master's programs).Ā  I guess we'll be seeing plenty more of these in the next few weeks.

Does anyone know if UCLA has sent out offers/waitlist/rejections for Biostats PhD yet?

As for the other schools, is it too earlyĀ to email to ask them about admission status or if you got onto the waitlists?

Did anyone apply to the Statistics PhD program at UMBC? I had filled out an interest form last semester and got a lot of positive feedback from the program but have not heard anything this semester

Well, we have that one early CMU acceptance and two recent wait lists.Ā  Given previous years' results, that seemed to be about half the usual reports on gradcafe -- I'd like to think that means another batch is coming, but we might just have an abnormally low number of CMU admits with us this year -- a difference of ~1 Ph.D. admit and 1-2 waitlists in a cycle doesn't really convince me that we have another batch coming, I'd just prefer not to get rejected.

Edited by Geococcyx