Fall 2019 Applicants

@Umairrasheed Based on past years' results it seems that acceptances and waitlists come out at the same time (around now) and rejections come out later in March. As to why departments don't send out rejections at the same time as acceptances, my theory is that they're just a bunch of assholes who enjoy watching applicants suffer, especially since most rejection letters are quite generic. But that's just my very anxious and salty self saying that ?

Has anyone heard anything about CU Boulder/Can the mysterious creature who got the acceptance on feb 9th share what's the deal? Also does anyone remove one's name from a waitlist without sounding douchey? 

There is an acceptance from NYU on the results page. Contact via POI. I never know what to do with these informal acceptances, could be an individual case and at the same time I have the impression that all admits are contacted personally.  

20 minutes ago, Anama said:

There is an acceptance from NYU on the results page. Contact via POI. I never know what to do with these informal acceptances, could be an individual case and at the same time I have the impression that all admits are contacted personally.  

I think it depends on the school but for NYU it does seem that POIs do personally contact those who have been accepted ?

1 hour ago, stressedimposter said:

I got neither a reject nor an acceptance from Cornell. What could it mean?! Just. Need. To. Know.

I feel you. I went through this literally today with UPenn. I followed the advice someone else gave me here though and emailed my POI. Looks like the situation was each professor was individually notifying students of acceptance, and mine just hadn't gotten the chance to write the email yet. So I'd say yeah email and just ask if they have any idea when notifications will be made. Or if you'd rather, you can call the program's office. They might give you info and not ask for your name.

18 minutes ago, bonesandbakes said:

I feel you. I went through this literally today with UPenn. I followed the advice someone else gave me here though and emailed my POI. Looks like the situation was each professor was individually notifying students of acceptance, and mine just hadn't gotten the chance to write the email yet. So I'd say yeah email and just ask if they have any idea when notifications will be made. Or if you'd rather, you can call the program's office. They might give you info and not ask for your name.

Thank you for this. Will write to them!

2 hours ago, Xiiiiin said:

Hi everybody, does anyone hear back from NYU, Yale, CUNY, and GWU? I got no interviews, waitlist emails, or rejections in my portal. I am so freaked out these days...

NYU just posted on their social media that this week all early admissions went out. I'm not sure if the process is terminated now or if they have a second wave through waitlists.

Does anyone know what is happening at Yale? No offer, no rejection, no interview, no words... I can only find one "interview" applicant in the result page, which is really weird. It seems that interview invitations were sent out around late January last year. Get rejected by 4, 2 other rejections are coming, only 3 left (Yale, Cornell and NYU). Although I have 3 master offers, which is better than nothing, still hoping to get a Phd offer...

Edited by SmauelJ

8 hours ago, Xiiiiin said:

Hi everybody, does anyone hear back from NYU, Yale, CUNY, and GWU? I got no interviews, waitlist emails, or rejections in my portal. I am so freaked out these days...

I was invited for an interview at GWU which will be Wednesday Feb 20th. The email was from the DGS and said they had slots across the day. Hope this is helpful.

9 hours ago, Anama said:

NYU just posted on their social media that this week all early admissions went out. I'm not sure if the process is terminated now or if they have a second wave through waitlists.

Thank you for the information! I feel doomed right now... 

3 hours ago, chojo said:

I was invited for an interview at GWU which will be Wednesday Feb 20th. The email was from the DGS and said they had slots across the day. Hope this is helpful.

Wish you all the luck! I did not hear from GWU for a while. I guess I'll probably be rejected...

On 2/15/2019 at 8:59 PM, Umairrasheed said:

Hello all,  

Does anywhere know how the admission process proceeds in Chicago? I see a few acceptances in the Results section, but that's all, no word on rejections/wait-list. I haven't heard from the dept yet. I'm assuming its a rejection but then why won't they just let us know already, given they've sent out a few offers. 

I'm in the same boat, and wish they'd just inform the rejections.

On 2/15/2019 at 11:42 PM, stressedimposter said:

I got neither a reject nor an acceptance from Cornell. What could it mean?! Just. Need. To. Know.

Same here. Just curious, did you choose their anthro MA program as your second choice (cause that's what I did....) Maybe they are sending out results by rounds OR maybe we are on the wl? No idea at all ...

1 hour ago, FrigidSky701 said:

Seems like Boston University has sent out unofficial acceptance letters to people. So I guess no interview = no acceptance?

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's a go/no go for BU. I was contacted for an interview last week and was notified Friday unofficially. My POI told me that I should be getting an official letter in the mail from the Dean late this week. I'm still in shock I got in. Apparently, one of the professors at BU contacted one of my references directly (a prof. at Pitt) sometime last week. 

This is my first time applying and I applied to UChicago, Pitt, Northwestern, GWU, Harvard, NYU, Notre Dame, Boston, and Duke. ND informed me right away that they had no interest in me lol. But I haven't heard anything from anybody else except for BU, which is fine since BU seems to fit me like a glove.

34 minutes ago, jnorris said:

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's a go/no go for BU. I was contacted for an interview last week and was notified Friday unofficially. My POI told me that I should be getting an official letter in the mail from the Dean late this week. I'm still in shock I got in. Apparently, one of the professors at BU contacted one of my references directly (a prof. at Pitt) sometime last week. 

This is my first time applying and I applied to UChicago, Pitt, Northwestern, GWU, Harvard, NYU, Notre Dame, Boston, and Duke. ND informed me right away that they had no interest in me lol. But I haven't heard anything from anybody else except for BU, which is fine since BU seems to fit me like a glove.

Congratulations on your acceptance! So it seems like interview is a necessary process to be accepted. Thanks for the info