Fall 2019 Psychology Doctoral ACCEPTANCES!!

dancedementia

15 hours ago, Keyz said:

Congrats! What is Iowa State like? (I know you're social and I'm counseling but still am wondering what the campus and whatnot are like).

The campus was really nice. The psych department was a spread out across a couple buildings, but they were all in close proximity to each other. I didn't see much of the campus, though. It was pretty cold and windy when I was there, but there wasn't much snow which was nice. They also had a great bus system to get around campus and the city. Feel free to message me if you have any other questions! 

1 hour ago, ClinPsych2019 said:

School: East Tennessee State University

Concentration: Clinical

Type: PhD

Date of acceptance: 02/22/2029

Notified by: Phone call from DCT

Congrats!!!! Could you post the initials of who you are wanting to work with? Thanks! 

School: University of Utah

Concentration: School Psychology

Date of acceptance: 02/22/19

Notified by: Email from program director

So very excited!! One of my top choices and my very first acceptance. I'm going to grad school! ?

1 hour ago, psychshow said:

School: University of Connecticut

Date of acceptance: 02/15/19

Notified by: Email from POI

Just accepted the offer this morning. If you wind up being in my cohort, let me know :)

Who’s your POI, if you don’t mind me asking? My partner is waiting to hear from UConn

Edited by alihoff

School: Idaho State University

Concentration: Clinical Psychology

Date of acceptance: 02/27/19

Notified by: Email from DCT and email prompting me to check portal for status change

Had a mentor question my ability to get into a clinical program. This is validating to the core!

14 hours ago, alihoff said:

Thank you! Best of luck to you, I actually went to UConn for undergrad and had a great experience there :)

Aw, thank you. I'm glad to hear it! Best of luck to your partner as well. I hope they hear good news.

School: University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Date of acceptance: February 21st 

Notified by: Phone call from POI followed by official offer from grad coordinator. 

I formally accepted my offer yesterday :) 

6 hours ago, hopefulgrad2019 said:

School: University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Date of acceptance: February 21st 

Notified by: Phone call from POI followed by official offer from grad coordinator. 

I formally accepted my offer yesterday :) 

Congrats! Who is your POI? 

Would anyone be willing to claim the Duquesne Clinical Psychology acceptance posted on the results board on Monday (2/25/19)? It could be legit, but that would be about a week earlier for them than usual. I'm wondering if this was intended as a School Psychology acceptance, given that there were a few other School Psych acceptances posted that same day.

School: Virginia Commonwealth University

Concentration: Child-Adolescent Track

Date of acceptance: 03/1/2019

Notified by: Phone call from POI

Just when I thought getting into a PhD program wasn't happening for me, I got accepted into my top program choice!!! Tears fell after I hung up the phone because of the relief. Feel free to DM for PI!!! IT'S BEEN A PLEASURE ANXIOUSLY AWAITING WITH ALL OF YOU ❤️ 

School: Uniformed Services University (USUHS)

Type: Clinical Psychology Ph.D.

Date of acceptance: 02/28/2019 (Notified by Chair via phone, official offer to come sometime next week)

If there is anyone else who got accepted (Civilian or Military tracks), I would love to meet my future cohort mates! Send me a PM!

School: Nova Southeastern University (NSU)

Type: Clinical Psychology Ph.D.

Date of acceptance: Informal Offer 2/27/2019 (POI email), formal offer & acceptance 2/28/2019 (Academic Affairs Director email).

School: James Madison University

Concentration: Clinical and School Psychology

Type: PsyD

Date of acceptance: 03/04/19

Notified by: Email and phone call from DCT 

I was given until the end of the week to provide my decision. I will be declining. POI: TS

3 minutes ago, ASDadvocate said:

School: James Madison University

Concentration: Clinical and School Psychology

Type: PsyD

Date of acceptance: 03/04/19

Notified by: Email and phone call from DCT 

I was given until the end of the week to provide my decision. I will be declining. POI: TS

Were you the one who posted on the results page yesterday that said they would be declining?