2020 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

Neuromantic

2 hours ago, pinkmug said:

For the ones that applied and did not receive an interview invite from Harvard: did the status on your application chang already? 

No, mine still just says 'submitted' but i'm sure they'll change it eventually once they have a full list of people who accept the interview.

18 minutes ago, eltp said:

Thanks- I only applied to the Neuro program so that's good to know! 

Me toooo! It makes me feel better to know that others who applied to MSU haven’t heard anything yet.

8 minutes ago, Syesdnil11 said:

Me toooo! It makes me feel better to know that others who applied to MSU haven’t heard anything yet.

Yes and I think their interviews are in January so that's why I was concerned they hadn't sent anything by now

17 minutes ago, guy mcperson said:

?Man this is getting kinda depressing.

Yeah, I’ve been lurking and I don’t know if it’s worse or better to know I’m not getting interviews than to sit and wait in limbo and hear nothing. 

So far I have one invite (UC Irvine), one rejection (UCSF), and nothing from the other schools I applied to which I know are sending out or have finished sending out invites (UW, Harvard, NYU, Columbia, UCSD). Hoping that the silence is more promising from my other 6 programs ?

21 hours ago, Zoeyg said:

I have a good friend got NYU Sackler interview invitation in January last year(I mean January 2019), so don't stressed out! We still have hope. We need to comfort each other to stay optimistic through this crazy waiting period.

Best of luck!

Can confirm as well! Last cycle, I got one in mid jan.  I assume either people didn't accept the invitation or someone reminded them of my app.  Maybe if you are in contact with a PI there, it wouldn't hurt to ask them about your app!

3 hours ago, memory_trace said:

Me too. Quite surprised. I thought they seldom consider international students.

The interview dates are 2.18-21 or 2.19-22. 

Congrats! Another school I was looking out for, do you mind elaborating on your profile?