2020 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

Neuromantic

5 hours ago, tbk86 said:

Are you international or american?

Not the person you quoted, but I also got an invite from Yale today and I am American. It was an email from a POI so they might still be going through the process. Hope you can hear some good news soon!

Edited by t_lulu

5 hours ago, t_lulu said:

Not the person you quoted, but I also got an invite from Yale today and I am American. It was an email from a POI so they might still be going through the process. Hope you can hear some good news soon!

l am international.if we both get in l hope to meet you....good luck

Hi all! Question about American norms in international travel funding. 

I received an invitation from 2 schools that offer funding for international travels, and 2 schools that offer domestic travel refund only. 

So... How should I manage my funding requests? should I ask to split the int'l flight between two schools? is it ok for a school to pay for an int'l flight that is approx. 3 weeks before the interview, which clearly means that I am using their funding to get to a different interview? What is considered polite to do in this case?

Many thanks! 

On 1/2/2020 at 11:06 AM, TC886 said:

Just received invitation from JHU (PBS) unofficially, they will be sending official ones soon, by next week.

Hey could you PM initials of your PI or post them in the forum? Thanks.

I know this might be sensitive, but has anyone gotten rejections from the following schools? I haven't been rejected or granted an interview so I'm trying to gauge if I should hold out hope. Or if you know that a school is done sending out interviews, that'd be helpful as well!

Emory

Mt. Siani

NYU

Penn

Pitt

Irvine

UCLA

UCSD

UNC Chapel Hill

UWashington (Seattle)

Thanks in advance!

Anyone else not have many rejections or interviews yet? I have one interview and one rejection so far and applied to 8. Some of the schools seem to have already sent out rejects or interviews so it seems strange not to have either. Someone earlier said this means you're on a waitlist for interview not sure if that's the case.

7 minutes ago, kickpuncher08 said:

Anyone else not have many rejections or interviews yet? I have one interview and one rejection so far and applied to 8. Some of the schools seem to have already sent out rejects or interviews so it seems strange not to have either. Someone earlier said this means you're on a waitlist for interview not sure if that's the case.

The same here... Applied to 9 programs in total (international student), and haven't heard back from any of them... I saw in this thread that some of them are done sending invites, but can't understand why they don't send rejections if I am already rejected.

37 minutes ago, kickpuncher08 said:

I was in the same situation until 20 minutes ago when I got a rejection from Mount Sinai. International student. Havent received news from any other Program (applied to 6)

4 hours ago, Kendra Case said:

I know this might be sensitive, but has anyone gotten rejections from the following schools? I haven't been rejected or granted an interview so I'm trying to gauge if I should hold out hope. Or if you know that a school is done sending out interviews, that'd be helpful as well!

Emory

Mt. Siani

NYU

Penn

Pitt

Irvine

UCLA

UCSD

UNC Chapel Hill

U Wash (Seattle)

Thanks in advance!

Mount Sinai sent out rejection notifications now. Were they impressed by everyone's credentials? :D

On 1/3/2020 at 10:09 AM, RAYHONG said:

Hi, for those who got invites from U Penn, do you mind letting me know about the interview dates? Thanks!

Interviews are January 9-11 and February 13-15. 

Just looked online on OSU website application and it said I was rejected. Still have interviews at Rutgers and CINNCINATI though, so yay. Good luck to anyone else!

Also, Case Western is reviewing applications tomorrow, so this week responses from them are possible.

Edited by Zaphos