Canada MSW 2020

rolearly34

On 10/5/2020 at 8:56 AM, Empathymatters said:

May I ask what average and experience you had when you got into Lakehead? What university did you get in for your msw?

Hey there, I would love to hear more about the student perspective of both the 2 year MSW at WLU and the HBSW program... are any of you are still open to answering questions?

16 minutes ago, asingh25 said:

hello! i got into york's and western's 2 year msw non-bsw programs, and i enrolled in western's.

May I ask what your average was and general experience? My average is about a 73 in my final two years and 74ish overall. I have a lot of volunteering experience. 1700. Might not be that much actually. It is not in social work though. I am paranoid about not getting in. I applied to Windsor, U of Toronto and will also apply to Western.

1 hour ago, angelicpiano said:

May I ask what your average was and general experience? My average is about a 73 in my final two years and 74ish overall. I have a lot of volunteering experience. 1700. Might not be that much actually. It is not in social work though. I am paranoid about not getting in. I applied to Windsor, U of Toronto and will also apply to Western.

my average was sitting at around a 78/79 and the experience that i highlighted was my work with children with autism and my volunteer experience as an intake associate at a private practice. i didn't really have a lot of direct social work experience either but i think what school's appreciate is hearing your takeaways from your experiences and how they tie back into social work and your goals for the program. best of luck!! :) happy to answer any other questions.

23 hours ago, asingh25 said:

my average was sitting at around a 78/79 and the experience that i highlighted was my work with children with autism and my volunteer experience as an intake associate at a private practice. i didn't really have a lot of direct social work experience either but i think what school's appreciate is hearing your takeaways from your experiences and how they tie back into social work and your goals for the program. best of luck!! :) happy to answer any other questions.

One more question. Did I understand correctly that the Western MSW program does not have any specialization. That is what I got from their site. 

On 12/20/2020 at 11:40 PM, angelicpiano said:

One more question. Did I understand correctly that the Western MSW program does not have any specialization. That is what I got from their site. 

that is correct!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 11:34 PM, asingh25 said:

Sorry one more question. I am filling out the applications for Western and am confused about the references. It says I need two references from professional sources. I work as a tutor, but apart from that I only volunteered in non-profits at my school as a staffer. Did you put paid work references ? It says they require references from jobs like "nursing, physicians...or similar professionals"

6 hours ago, angelicpiano said:

Sorry one more question. I am filling out the applications for Western and am confused about the references. It says I need two references from professional sources. I work as a tutor, but apart from that I only volunteered in non-profits at my school as a staffer. Did you put paid work references ? It says they require references from jobs like "nursing, physicians...or similar professionals"

you don't need to apologize, im happy to answer any questions! references from volunteer positions are okay too, one of my references was a psychologist from a place i volunteered at

• 4 months later...
On 4/3/2020 at 10:42 PM, Tealover101 said:

Hi! I actually asked the same question not too long ago. I was accepted into McGill’s MSW program for Fall 2020! I feel like I’ve only heard about the program here and there because it’s also out of the province but it seems like a really great program. I had a professor who went there for their MSW and said it was a good school and program. Feel free to ask me any other questions :) I’d love to talk more! 

Hello. I got into a post-BSW at Windsor, and am interested in possibly attending McGuill. Just wanted to hear your experience about the program and the city. 

On 4/4/2020 at 12:59 PM, Tealover101 said:

Have you received any updates?  I was waitlisted at for Ryerson’s MSW program but was accepted into McGill’s MSW program for Fall 2020! I’d love to hear your thoughts on the program and updates on how everything is going! :) 

May I ask your average when you got accepted in McGill and about how many hours of volunteering you had?