MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

On 1/3/2020 at 1:45 PM, frootloop said:

Hi all,

For anyone who has already been accepted to NYU, how long after the Application Completion Status email did you receive a decision? 

Hello, 

I applied on the 3rd of January and just received my admissions offer today on the 16th! Good luck :)

4 minutes ago, madisonc7 said:

I so hope I get to work along side you next year there! 

Yes, That would be amazing! It’s so weird - I still didn’t get an email? Everyone make sure to check tomorrow at 5pm ET.

btw your stats are amazing, you’ll have no trouble getting in trust me! 

please update me when you hear back! Especially because we are choosing the track :)

1 minute ago, Mmgaf said:

I applied Dec 1 and received my complete application email Dec 12

Ah I applied dec 1 and my app was marked as complete dec 13 . I also applied to penn! hopefully I’ll hear back soon.

again, congrats!!!! I’m sure you’re over the moon!

4 minutes ago, RoseLewis said:

I just received a second email saying financial aid and scholarship info will come within 2 weeks!

I literally got that email and ignored it LOL. I thought it was another acceptance email. Thank you so much! Makes sense!!

4 minutes ago, madisonc7 said:

aaaaaaah why has my CU portal not updated kglfksghlkjgfkdlgjpo

I feel like if you can see your specialization that’s a great sign! Just hold on! When did you submit your app?

Just now, Zayah said:

I feel like if you can see your specialization that’s a great sign! Just hold on! When did you submit your app?

I submitted on Dec 1. and got the same confirmation email on Dec. 12! I so hope I find out tomorrow or something. I submitted absolute last minute on the night of Dec. 1 so maybe it's in order. 

Just now, madisonc7 said:

I submitted on Dec 1. and got the same confirmation email on Dec. 12! I so hope I find out tomorrow or something. I submitted absolute last minute on the night of Dec. 1 so maybe it's in order. 

It may be! Wait did everyone get there’s at 5 ET? Or throughout the night? 

I think you’ll get yours tomorrow at 5! I’m sure they are rolling our decisions!!

1 minute ago, madisonc7 said:

I also applied last minute on the 1st so hopefully we’ll find out soon!!

also - I’m pretty sure that my specialization has been listed since I submitted my app. Not to be a buzzkill but I’m not sure if it means anything. But hopefully it does!

Okay so!! I GOT ACCEPTED INTO UMICH!!!!!! I was literally in the car with my best friend and telling her how I'm going to be refreshing my email so much tomorrow, and then my phone is ringing and it's the area code for Michigan!!! I was so scared to answer and my friend kept telling me to pick up. ? 

I 100% relate to the poster who said they blacked out because honestly all I heard was "pleased" and "admissions" lol. I'm so so excited to tell my research supervisor as well, because she was one of my LORs! 

Edited by Liza123