MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

21 minutes ago, JuliaFrances said:

Nothing yet! From the forums I have read from past application cycles it looks like decisions go out late January/early February but I think it changes year to year.  

Hello! 

I called on Thursday I believe and they said they’ll be sending out decisions tomorrow until Feb 1st! Good luck y’all :)

1 minute ago, cmongradschool said:

Hello! 

I called on Thursday I believe and they said they’ll be sending out decisions tomorrow until Feb 1st! Good luck y’all :)

OH MY STARS. Thank you for passing that along!! Good luck to us all ❤️

11 hours ago, Liza123 said:

Has anyone heard back from Denver? I applied for the first deadline and will know by February 1st, but I'm curious if they've started going out yet.

I think that they said if by priority you find out on/by Feb 15. At least that’s what’s the website did say when I applied in Nov. 

10 hours ago, cmongradschool said:

Hello! 

Oh man that’s nerve wracking. 

On 1/13/2020 at 9:38 AM, mswanxiety said:

I just got a full ride to WashU. I am actually speechless. 

Omg congrats!!!! That's my dream school and getting a full ride is also a dream!! When did you apply? Before January 2nd, I assume. 

I applied 12/17 so with the priority deadline! Thank you. I am in complete and utter shock. 

32 minutes ago, Liza123 said:

Omg congrats!!!! That's my dream school and getting a full ride is also a dream!! When did you apply? Before January 2nd, I assume. 

On 1/13/2020 at 9:38 AM, mswanxiety said:

I just got a full ride to WashU. I am actually speechless. 

CONGRATULATIONS WASHU IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

56 minutes ago, amb22 said:

I just spoke to Columbia admissions and asked when students who applied for the msw program on December 1st will hear back and I was told first week of march

Really???? That doesn't make sense.

8 minutes ago, mswanxiety said:

thank you so much!!!!! I truly cant believe it

If I got a full ride for grad school - I think I would go into panic, that is TRULY amazing. Hope you can get your dream school to match it, or end up taking it!!

Can I ask your stats??

40 minutes ago, Zayah said:

If I got a full ride for grad school - I think I would go into panic, that is TRULY amazing. Hope you can get your dream school to match it, or end up taking it!!

Can I ask your stats??

I am honestly shocked. I have so much to do at work today but it's really hard to focus!

Honestly, I don't think my stats are that impressive - especially compared to many people on this forum. 3.71 undergrad GPA and 7 yrs of nonprofit experience (direct and indirect), I'm on a few boards and have done a lot of volunteering. Not sure how this happened!!!!

6 minutes ago, mswanxiety said:

I am honestly shocked. I have so much to do at work today but it's really hard to focus!

Honestly, I don't think my stats are that impressive - especially compared to many people on this forum. 3.71 undergrad GPA and 7 yrs of nonprofit experience (direct and indirect), I'm on a few boards and have done a lot of volunteering. Not sure how this happened!!!!

You have tons of SW experience! So that makes sense:)

Sounds well deserved!! 

I can't imagine hearing that news while at work LOL. I have been distracted at work since the new year started just waiting for decisions.

Do you think you'll go?

53 minutes ago, Zayah said:

I can't imagine hearing that news while at work LOL. I have been distracted at work since the new year started just waiting for decisions.

I'm so thankful to be back at my internship because it distracts me from thinking about grad school so much! I still check it whenever I have the chance, but it's still better than if I had nothing to do all day. ? Although I'm pretty sure if I get the email at my internship or even in class...I might squeak, I might squeal with excitement, OR I will be absolutely speechless (good news, that is...).

Edited by Liza123

6 minutes ago, Liza123 said:

I'm so thankful to be back at my internship because it distracts me from thinking about grad school so much! I still check it whenever I have the chance, but it's still better than if I had nothing to do all day. ? Although I'm pretty sure if I get the email at my internship or even in class...I might squeak, I might squeal with excitement, OR I will be absolutely speechless (good news, that is...).

I definitely cried in front of all of my co workers. They all know I'm applying and have been very supportive of me. 

1 hour ago, Zayah said:

You have tons of SW experience! So that makes sense:)

Sounds well deserved!! 

Do you think you'll go?

It feels a little early to decide but it is an option I am very excited about and have been before getting this news