Fall 2020 Applications

Richelieu

Just now, korbles said:

Has anyone heard from Ohio State?

I applied for their Educational Policy PhD program and asked when I may expect to hear a decision from them.

This is the email they sent me:

Thank you for reaching out! We are asking faculty to have a decision by May. However, depending on the size of your program there is a good chance it will be sooner. Education Policy and Leadership is a smaller program so you very well may hear back within the next 2 months.

Hope this helps.

49 minutes ago, kemalgider said:

I applied for their Educational Policy PhD program and asked when I may expect to hear a decision from them.

This is the email they sent me:

Thank you for reaching out! We are asking faculty to have a decision by May. However, depending on the size of your program there is a good chance it will be sooner. Education Policy and Leadership is a smaller program so you very well may hear back within the next 2 months.

Hope this helps.

Oh wow that's..... super far out lol. Geez.

On 11/7/2019 at 2:57 PM, Rosebud1313 said:

Hello! It looks like we are applying to some similar programs! 

I am applying to the following programs:

• University of Pennsylvania - M.S.Ed. in Education Policy
  • University of Texas-Austin - M.Ed in  Education Policy and Planning
  • Vanderbilt - M.P.P in Education Policy
  • Brown University - M.A. in Urban Education Policy
  • University of Colorado Boulder - PhD in  Educational Foundations, Policy & Practice
  • University of Michigan - PhD in  Educational Studies with a concentration in Educational Policy, Leadership, and Innovation
  • University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill - PhD in Education
  • Michigan State University: PhD in Education Policy
  • Harvard - PhD in Education with a focus in Culture, Institutions, and Society (CIS) Concentration
  • Stanford: PhD Education Policy (SHIPS) 

- I've already applied to most of these, but I am still finishing up a few of my applications. 

Somebody posted a REJECTION from University of Michigan!  HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD ANYTHING?  I am still waiting. 

Also looks like UCLA has an interview posted in the admissions results page here.  An SRM interview request.  Just one.  But gosh I’m getting anxious to hear back from HDP.

6 hours ago, CrazyBB8 said:

I have applied to the PhD in Learning, Teaching, and Diversity Program at Peabody. What about you?

Hi there! I also applied to the PhD in Learning, Teaching, and Diversity Program at Peabody. Have you heard anything from the admission office?

Hello :) Anyone else applied to Penn GSE? I applied to the Educational Linguistics PhD. I believe that invitations to the doctoral candidate weekend are supposed to come out this week. Getting so anxious!

18 minutes ago, Ms. Ana said:

Hello :) Anyone else applied to Penn GSE? I applied to the Educational Linguistics PhD. I believe that invitations to the doctoral candidate weekend are supposed to come out this week. Getting so anxious!

Hey Ms Ana :)  I applied to Penn GSE - Education Culture and Society (ECS) I'm thinking interviews go out on Friday based on forums from previous years on here.  GOOD LUCK will post if I hear anything. 

12 hours ago, Ms. Ana said:

Hi!

I have applied to the Learning Sciences and Technologies PhD at Penn GSE. Ah, I wasn't aware that this week had more anxiety stored within it. Thanks for the update. Wishful thinking mode now.

An email I just received from OSU for the HESA program:

Thank you for reaching out to our team. The faculty are arranging their meetings now and will be sending out invitations for interviews in the coming weeks. Unfortunately we do not have a specific date but anticipate that applicants will hear no later than the first week of February.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

8 minutes ago, getmein said:

Seems like someone has also gotten an interview from Penn. Does anyone know what the Stanford timeline is like?

YES -- do we know if Harvard and Penn send one "mass email" or does it trickle out throughout the day?

Edited by FwdThnkr