Fall 2020 Applications

Richelieu

10 hours ago, HamiltonianSandwich said:

Just had my second interview with MIT's Nuclear Science and Engineering Program... Fingers crossed, that was one spooky interview. 

As a potentially MIT-bound nuclear scientist/engineer, I sure hope you are more precise with your work than with this forum! :) 

(Just joking. This is the Education board, I'm guessing you meant to post in the Engineering one. Congratulations on the interviews nonetheless!)

11 hours ago, RollTide!!! said:

Anyone heard anything from UNC Chapel Hill's Education Policy, Leadership, and School Improvement program? I submitted before the first deadline and haven't heard anything from them. Just wondering if anyone has had contact at all.

I applied to the CCTE program at UNC and asked when I might expect to hear from them, the program coordinator emailed me this:

The deadline for PhD admissions is February 11, and final decisions about who is admitted to the program will be sent out by the end of February.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, jose_lr said:

Has anyone heard back from Vanderbilt, UC Berkeley or NYU Steinhardt?

UC Berkeley just started their spring semester today (aka - they have been on break). I think decisions should start coming in between mid-late February! 

19 minutes ago, rockroad29 said:

UC Berkeley just started their spring semester today (aka - they have been on break). I think decisions should start coming in between mid-late February! 

But I noticed on the results page, someone already got interview invitations early this month.

So impersonal :(

We regret to inform you that you have not been admitted to The Ohio State University. You will receive further information by email. Thank you for your interest in Ohio State.

2 hours ago, korbles said:
So impersonal :(

We regret to inform you that you have not been admitted to The Ohio State University. You will receive further information by email. Thank you for your interest in Ohio State.

What program was this? I applied to their Counselor Education program for the master's. 

1 hour ago, anxiousgorl said:

What program was this? I applied to their Counselor Education program for the master's. 

it was for the higher education and student affairs phd

There’s a post on the results page about a rejection from Syracuse’s Cultural Foundations of Education program, stating “Apparently all the decisions were made on Wednesday.”

There aren’t any other results posted from ‘Cuse. Anybody know what this means or anything on Syracuse’s CFE program?

On 1/22/2020 at 4:56 PM, xj2194 said:

But I noticed on the results page, someone already got interview invitations early this month.

I posted an interview result about Berkeley, so I'll update/clarify: my POI reached out for a "quick chat," which I thought meant interview - but it ended up being a short clarification plus some unofficial good news...they are recommending me for admission to the doctoral program, but wanted to check whether I was open to entering through a different program than the one I had submitted my application to.

I'm holding in all my excitement until there's an official admissions offer, but I'm very hopeful! 

And, for everyone who got anxious because I posted "interview" for Berkeley - I'm not sure that is a regular part of their admission process; it might be only when they need more info, as in my case. Best of luck to everyone during this nail-biting time of year!  

Edited by iheartscience

9 hours ago, iheartscience said:

I posted an interview result about Berkeley, so I'll update/clarify: my POI reached out for a "quick chat," which I thought meant interview - but it ended up being a short clarification plus some unofficial good news...they are recommending me for admission to the doctoral program, but wanted to check whether I was open to entering through a different program than the one I had submitted my application to.

I'm holding in all my excitement until there's an official admissions offer, but I'm very hopeful! 

And, for everyone who got anxious because I posted "interview" for Berkeley - I'm not sure that is a regular part of their admission process; it might be only when they need more info, as in my case. Best of luck to everyone during this nail-biting time of year!  

Thank you for this information and congratulations! That’s very good news. If you don’t mind, can I ask which program that you applied to?

21 hours ago, Miners Canary said:

There’s a post on the results page about a rejection from Syracuse’s Cultural Foundations of Education program, stating “Apparently all the decisions were made on Wednesday.”

There aren’t any other results posted from ‘Cuse. Anybody know what this means or anything on Syracuse’s CFE program?

That is me. I got my rejection letter yesterday and I am very in touch with the DGS, she told me herself that the decisions were made on Wed.