Fall 2020 Applications

Richelieu

2 hours ago, shookienewman said:

@jose_lr @Smweave3 @Rhac16 @trekhgornyval

(and others - did my best to tag who I saw discussing the program)

Reached out to the UT EPP Program Coordinator about funding and heard that I did not receive funding. She mentioned that the funding was very limited this year (though that may have just been to soften the blow). I'm not sure if that means those that have received funding have heard about their funding status or not.

Here's some of the wording:

"Unfortunately we have very limited funds this year and were not able to offer you a funding package. There are two possibilities, however. Some additional funding may become available later in the spring, but this is certainly not guaranteed. Almost all our students are able to secure Teaching Assistantships or Graduate Research Assistantships upon enrolling in the program. These provide a stipend and tuition reimbursement... we work hard to ensure our students are supported with GRA or TAships in the program."

Hoping the best for you all!

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I have been looking at the 'placement exchange' website, which was referenced in one of the general emails I received, but it seems to be identified everywhere as being available for Master's students, so I was a bit confused by that. I suppose these may be the same openings available to PhD students as well..(?)  The email also said the listings would be updated with a week or so, but nothing has been updated there since Jan 23rd from what I see.

https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/ELP/PHEL+and+EPP+Master's+Students+Placement+Exchange

4 hours ago, trekhgornyval said:

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I have been looking at the 'placement exchange' website, which was referenced in one of the general emails I received, but it seems to be identified everywhere as being available for Master's students, so I was a bit confused by that. I suppose these may be the same openings available to PhD students as well..(?)  The email also said the listings would be updated with a week or so, but nothing has been updated there since Jan 23rd from what I see.

https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/ELP/PHEL+and+EPP+Master's+Students+Placement+Exchange

Some of the postings specifically say that a masters student is required or preferred, but several say that the position is open to doctoral students/ students of any level or discipline.

Does anyone have any idea/information about the interviews of Learning Sciences PhD program at Northwestern University? 

I will be interviewing in 3 weeks, I really would like to go all prepared.

Last night, I received an email to check the status update to my application via the portal. I had heard from my POI that she was recommending me for admission a couple weeks ago, but now it's official. Did anyone else hear back yesterday? 

Edited by iheartscience

Wondering about 2020 admissions and offers of acceptances to Teachers Education Programs.. 

Specifically Queens University - has anyone received an offer of admissions and what date? What is the current status of your SOLUS application if not? 

Slowly driving myself crazy and would like to see who's in the same boat as me.

5 hours ago, Green286 said:

Did anyone else apply to UC Davis? Any updates? 

I was accepted to UC Davis. Was emailed January 31st to let me know of acceptance, received funding offer letter last Friday (February 7th). Still waiting for grad portal to be updated. Someone on a different thread said that some applications were still in review, but you could always email Graduate Studies for an update. My fingers are crossed for you!**

OOPS! I am an idiot and just noticed you are not going for Literature! Just kidding. Disregard my comment.

Edited by Romanticist
Poor reading comprehension on my part *doh*

42 minutes ago, Romanticist said:

I was accepted to UC Davis. Was emailed January 31st to let me know of acceptance, received funding offer letter last Friday (February 7th). Still waiting for grad portal to be updated. Someone on a different thread said that some applications were still in review, but you could always email Graduate Studies for an update. My fingers are crossed for you!**

OOPS! I am an idiot and just noticed you are not going for Literature! Just kidding. Disregard my comment.

Thank you for updating the post!!! Yes, I meant the Education PhD program. 

On 2/10/2020 at 10:52 AM, seskande said:

How was your interview? I also had an interview for the same program 2 weeks ago. 

I just received an email from the NYU Professor said they are not going to recommend me for admission. It is nice for them to email me and inform me before the admission office. They said they will only take one doc student this year. Wish that one is you! Best of luck!

5 hours ago, Sissi Chen said:

I just received an email from the NYU Professor said they are not going to recommend me for admission. It is nice for them to email me and inform me before the admission office. They said they will only take one doc student this year. Wish that one is you! Best of luck!

Oh I’m so sorry to hear. Very nice of them to let you know. I haven’t heard anything yet. Which other universities have you applied to?

2 minutes ago, seskande said:

Oh I’m so sorry to hear. Very nice of them to let you know. I haven’t heard anything yet. Which other universities have you applied to?

Maybe no news is good news. Hope you could hear something good soon! I really like the program and professors in NYU. Such a pity. I applied Columbia and Rutgers. I like the program in Rutgers more (like Columbia will accept me LOL)