Fall 2020 Applications

Richelieu

9 minutes ago, Anabanana88 said:

Hello fellow applicants,

Invitations to the Penn doctoral weekend are out. I'm an applicant in the ISHD concentration and I just received my invite. Awaiting HGSE still (if that still is a possibility at this point). All the best to everyone!!

Congratulations! Did UPenn send out ALL at once? What time did you get your email?

8 minutes ago, Anabanana88 said:

Thank you! I don't think they send it all at once, as someone does reach to you individually, but it seems like the process of reaching out to people has begun. I got my email at about 1 pm. Are you applying to the same program? All the best for your applications!!

1 pm eastern? I'm in CA :) Yes I applied to the ECS program.

1 hour ago, xj2194 said:

I mentioned Dr. C.K, J. W, and A. L. B. How about you?

AJM , RM and CSO.  I think it’s down to AJM at this point.  I know CSO from another project and she said she is going on sabbatical and not taking students.  RM  was undecided.  I was actually referred to AJM by her.  I really loved AJM and we have a lot in common.  Fingers crossed we all get where we are meant to be.  Gosh I’m getting impatient ?

8 hours ago, Grmg2020 said:

AJM , RM and CSO.  I think it’s down to AJM at this point.  I know CSO from another project and she said she is going on sabbatical and not taking students.  RM  was undecided.  I was actually referred to AJM by her.  I really loved AJM and we have a lot in common.  Fingers crossed we all get where we are meant to be.  Gosh I’m getting impatient ?

Oh no, sorry to hear that AJM would not take students, but hope you will still get interview from other two professors! Have you heard anything from other schools?

The other two aren’t taking any/unsure.  AJM is.  I applied to one school.  Geographically bound by family and proximity to support system right now and this is the only dept that has captured my heart locally for some time now.

10 hours ago, Anabanana88 said:

Hello fellow applicants,

Invitations to the Penn doctoral weekend are out. I'm an applicant in the ISHD concentration and I just received my invite. Awaiting HGSE still (if that still is a possibility at this point). All the best to everyone!!

Hi Anabanana88,

I have received an invite for the event as well. I applied for the LST concentration. 

21 hours ago, xj2194 said:

Has UC Santa Barbara and UC San Diego sent all the interview invitations yet?? Did anyone get interview from them?

I didn’t apply to UCSB but I did to UCSD and was emailed about an interview last week. That certainly doesn’t mean all interviews have been arranged, of course. 

6 hours ago, trekhgornyval said:

I didn’t apply to UCSB but I did to UCSD and was emailed about an interview last week. That certainly doesn’t mean all interviews have been arranged, of course. 

I just got an interview invitation from UCSD yesterday. I am wondering what the acceptance rate will be like for people who got an interview 

3 hours ago, cxh1054 said:

Any applicants to IU-Bloomington?  I applied to the Learning and Developmental Sciences, haven't heard anything yet. 

They usually send out interview invitation at the end of January. Good luck!

23 hours ago, xj2194 said:

I just got an interview invitation from UCSD yesterday. I am wondering what the acceptance rate will be like for people who got an interview 

Generally, programs don't narrow down candidates through a large number of interviews; they largely narrow down candidates and then fine-tune through interviews. I was emailed by a professor I had expressed interest in working with; I don't imagine most professors want to spend time interviewing more than a short-list of potential candidates. Getting an interview is a good sign, of course; it doesn't guarantee acceptance and it doesn't guarantee any funding, but it's an encouraging step in the right direction. :) Good luck to you and I hope the interview goes well!

20 hours ago, trekhgornyval said:

Generally, programs don't narrow down candidates through a large number of interviews; they largely narrow down candidates and then fine-tune through interviews. I was emailed by a professor I had expressed interest in working with; I don't imagine most professors want to spend time interviewing more than a short-list of potential candidates. Getting an interview is a good sign, of course; it doesn't guarantee acceptance and it doesn't guarantee any funding, but it's an encouraging step in the right direction. :) Good luck to you and I hope the interview goes well!

Thank you, I hope your interview goes well as well!?

What are the chances of being accepted post interview? I recently just found out that I got a graduate fellowship I applied for. Does it make a huge difference in my acceptance rate? I'm super nervous I have an interview coming up in February with Duke PCB.

39 minutes ago, kemalgider said:

I have just got accepted to Ohio State University - Teacher Education Policy and Leadership PhD program.

Fingers crossed for all of you!

OMG congrats! I am still waiting on the HESA PhD!!