Harvard Kennedy MPP 2020

shrishti

Just now, Scully&Pegasus said:

My guess is that the result most likely will come out today but maybe later around 3-5pm. So, sit tight lads! There is nothing else we can do but mentally prepare ourselves for that significant email kicking in.  Worse scenario, even if it didn't show up today and would string into tomorrow, as I said, I won't be too surprised, really. 

lads and ladies* ?

12 minutes ago, Scully&Pegasus said:

Star War IX: The Rise of Skywalker. I already watched it at movie theater first day it came out but since it's on XFINITY now. ?

Nice. I stopped following Star Wars after The Force Awakens. I'm guessing the two new releases are good? I also had to google what XFINITY meant. I'm clearly not American 

1 minute ago, RisingPhoenixx said:

Nice. I stopped following Star Wars after The Force Awakens. I'm guessing the two new releases are good? I also had to google what XFINITY meant. I'm clearly not American 

True. Not every episode after 2006 holds same magnitude in narratives as the first few yrs they came out but, it's a nostalgia regardless of story lines, it's the brand significance. ?

3 minutes ago, Scully&Pegasus said:

True. Not every episode after 2006 holds same magnitude in narratives as the first few yrs they came out but, it's a nostalgia regardless of story lines, it's the brand significance. ?

Definitely. It's interesting now that there's a whole new generation getting into Star Wars, many of whom did not grow up watching the original series. I wonder if Star Wars can maintain a cross-generational appeal. (very soon there may be hip hop soundtracks...)

8 minutes ago, RisingPhoenixx said:

Definitely. It's interesting now that there's a whole new generation getting into Star Wars, many of whom did not grow up watching the original series. I wonder if Star Wars can maintain a cross-generational appeal. (very soon there may be hip hop soundtracks...)

I guess it does hold a cross-generation marketing attractiveness. I didn't grow up watching the series but I found one of them interesting someday in my life and then came back looking for more episodes to enjoy, and when the new ones came out around 2015 I checked them up in theater with friends and tons of caramel popcorn.  And besides SCI-FI I am a big time maniac for horror and suspense movies too. Am really not sharing those typical stereotype as a regular woman I guess. ?

Edited by Scully&Pegasus

27 minutes ago, indianIRguy said:

good pair though

wow...i meant the lads & lads word pair...never knew scully man was actually a woman. "our" didn't register. don't ask me why i imagined scully was a man. with what i know now, that pair comment was cheesy as fuck....sorry ladies

5 minutes ago, Scully&Pegasus said:

I guess it does hold a cross-generation marketing attractiveness. I didn't grow up watching the series but I found one of them interesting someday in my life and then came back looking for more episodes to enjoy, and when the new ones came out around 2015 I checked them up in theater with friends and tons of caramel popcorn.  And besides SCI-FI I am a big time maniac for horror and suspense movies too. Am really not sharing those typical stereotype as a regular woman I guess. ?

I agree - the Star Wars series are very well made, both the plot and the production. (Also caramel popcorn sounds soooo delish. Ugh. Too bad I banned refined sugar from my diet after reading about how sugar lowers your immune system and feeds cancer cells.)

Ahaha you are definitely not typical, I picture you as someone nerdy and knowledgeable who slays at trivia ?. Meanwhile I was watching Taylor Swift's new documentary last night (fitting in perfectly with the female stereotype LOL ?, and realizing I'm probably the ONLY person in this thread who would watch this). I'm not a TS fan by any means, and to my surprise I loved the documentary. I was amazed at how incredibly eloquent and intelligent she was, and how she used her influence to get young people to vote (this part was actually inspiring). 

Just now, RisingPhoenixx said:

@policywonk12 Oh my... could it be.... DID YOU WATCH TAYLOR SWIFT'S DOCUMENTARY TOO? so I'm not alone??? ?

I diidd! Mad respect for TS for taking on the men who tried to bring her down, and now also kind of like her songs...

Just now, RisingPhoenixx said:

I saw this in the news too! Apparently there was an analysis and the vast majority of people who passed away were 75+, male, and smokers.

Wow such analysis comes out already within a few hours? And did you read about those horrible analyses about 100k to 2.3mil casualties in the US? there are numbers flying everywhere with zero probability...