Harvard Kennedy MPP 2020

shrishti

If it wasn't going to come today 1) there would've been a blog post 2) there wouldn't have been glitches on the MYFAID page. I think they still will be out today but just later than usual 

Just now, KyleR said:

I've got to say, all this speculation is really unhelpful. Computer errors happen, they don't always mean something. Blog posts sometimes go unwritten when staffs are busy. The blog said it would likely be later this week, but it could just as easily be pushed back again. Just relax and go on with your lives.

seriously, I've been thinking this the entire time I've been following this thread ? 

Hey everyone, longtime lurker here. I'm pretty sure the results will be released today. Earlier today I called financial services to reset my password for the MYFAID portal, and the kind gentleman on the other side of the phone jokingly said "Are you ready for the results?" and I asked "Is it going to be released today?" He said "I'm not confirming it but not I'm denying it."

Fingers crossed everyone! ?

1 minute ago, KyleR said:

I've got to say, all this speculation is really unhelpful. Computer errors happen, they don't always mean something. Blog posts sometimes go unwritten when staffs are busy. The blog said it would likely be later this week, but it could just as easily be pushed back again. Just relax and go on with your lives.

Sometimes i find it IS unhelpful for me, and then I simply take a break and don’t read ? However, at other times (like today as I’m sitting on pins and needles), it is nice to know people are going through the exact same emotions. 

2 minutes ago, RisingPhoenixx said:

But for those of you who are staying up late - Go to sleep. I could be wrong. You should always prioritize your health and do whatever you can to strengthen your immune system during a pandemic outbreak like this. 

Wow you sound exactly like me! I just finished a movie. What about u guys? ?

I got to say these wild speculations - though labeled wild - sometimes are awfully accurate. The non-accurate ones also helped distract ourselves from the prolonged anxiety. I happened to also be applying to law schools at the same time. The r/lawschooladmission subreddit has even more wild speculations, along with vent, memes, all kinds of interactions that made the law school applicant community lively and ever more united. Yes yes, rationally speaking, our speculations might not be the most reliable source of information for admission, but they provide the emotions support that people like me needed. It'll be too cruel for me to just stare at my email, silently waiting for the results to come all by myself.

Edited by justaname

1 minute ago, RisingPhoenixx said:

Haha really? As in how I talk? ?

And nice!!! Which movie? I'm so jealous. I'm working from home on my laptop.

Star War IX: The Rise of Skywalker. I already watched it at movie theater first day it came out but since it's on XFINITY now. ?

4 minutes ago, indianIRguy said:

Could you run to Matt's home and ask him what's going on...

My guess is that the result most likely will come out today but maybe later around 3-5pm. So, sit tight lads! There is nothing else we can do but mentally prepare ourselves for that significant email kicking in.  Worse scenario, even if it didn't show up today and would string into tomorrow, as I said, I won't be too surprised, really.