Harvard Kennedy MPP 2020

shrishti

1 minute ago, graduate2020 said:

Hi all, did anyone from here get into HKS MPP program with any scholarship? Just curious to know! I got in but no funding. 

For those who are in w/o funding, are you considering HKS still? 

I did! Got into the MPP with a public service fellowship worth 33k per year!

7 hours ago, Scully&Pegasus said:

Sure thing girl!!???  I am perpetually excited about the idea of adding more friends on my messing around list!!

Can I jump in on this train as well haha!

51 minutes ago, graduate2020 said:

Hi all, did anyone from here get into HKS MPP program with any scholarship? Just curious to know! I got in but no funding. 

For those who are in w/o funding, are you considering HKS still? 

I got in with 20k. But I have an offer of 37k from Duke so I am not too sure right now about where I will be going. If anyone has any insights that would be super helpful! 

Congratulations to all the accepted members, It feels even better to see few getting CPL and other fellowships. I have also got MC/MPA acceptance but no aid, so will have to decide between HKS and SIPA. All the friends who didn't get in, many seem to have other great acceptances. I think many will leave the offers at their dream school for financial considerations thus acceptances hardly matter. what matters is what we make out of opportunities as someone rightly said before. All the best guys, it has been a nice experience at gradcafe and especially this thread. let's try to make best of these opportunities and even if not, people would be doing wonders otherwise wherever they are. stay safe and stay healthy friends.

2 hours ago, fesenjoon said:

Great news to wake up to! I've got accepted into the MC/MPA program with CPL fellowship as well. Looking forward to meeting some of you on campus (or online if this covid19 situation continues!).

Congrats!!! Let me know if you want to chat! 

Now that I'm starting to digest the news, congratulations to all accepted and really looking forward to meeting you in person (I hope), in the fall. 

For all those who did not get it, take the time to mourn a little bit, because this has been such an intense and stressful process but I'm more than certain that you will be achieving great things in your careers and lives.

And thank you all for being part of this community, it made a real difference for me! please feel free to reach out if you want to chat about what comes next, and again hope to see you all soon. 

In the meantime stay safe and wash your hands. 

5 hours ago, justaname said:

ah i got dinged. that basically made the decision for me. guess i'll go to yale jackson. it's great knowing all of you! congrats to everyone who got admitted. good luck to y'all!

nevermind, let us wounded soldiers meet somewhere else! We're still funny...

I was admitted to the MPA/ID with a full tuition scholarship! It's taken a night's sleep (ok who am I kidding, a few minutes of sleep) and then some for this to sink in and feel real??

This group has been everything, especially this past week ❤️ You've all been amazingly passionate, witty, good humored and kind...and that's how I know each of you will do great regardless of where your degree is from. Nurse your wounds, but bounce back quick. I was rejected from a top program last week, so you never know what's waiting around the corner for you.

I'll be posting my stats on the results page and details on the threads. Anyone reading this in future years pls hit me up with any questions-- I just got really lucky but I'll teach you what I learned from this grueling process anyway :)

Edited by noodlesoup

Congrats to everyone who got admitted! 

I got waitlisted, which is actually a pleasant surprise since I was expecting straight rejection.

A questions for admitted folks, when do you have to respond to your offer? Just trying to figure out a timeline here!

4 minutes ago, Jenjenlx said:

Congrats to everyone who got admitted! 

I got waitlisted, which is actually a pleasant surprise since I was expecting straight rejection.

A questions for admitted folks, when do you have to respond to your offer? Just trying to figure out a timeline here!

30.4 is the deadline for me at least, for the mc/mpa

I also got in to HKS for the MPP program! But it looks like I got no aid. So now I am deciding between Columbia SIPA (which gave me $20K a year in aid for a total of $40K) and HKS (which gave me no aid). The loan difference wold be about $26K according to my calculations. I am trying to see if that extra $26K in loan burden is worth the Harvard name. Can someone offer their opinion on this? Thanks.

53 minutes ago, FraiserFanNYC said:

I also got in to HKS for the MPP program! But it looks like I got no aid. So now I am deciding between Columbia SIPA (which gave me $20K a year in aid for a total of $40K) and HKS (which gave me no aid). The loan difference wold be about $26K according to my calculations. I am trying to see if that extra $26K in loan burden is worth the Harvard name. Can someone offer their opinion on this? Thanks.

I'm in a very similar boat. I got into a few other schools (SIPA, Berkeley Goldman, Yale School of Forestry) with moderate aid ($14-30k per year) and HKS with no aid. I'm hoping to talk to some alums/students from each school who also work in environmental policy to see if they have opinions, but I'm currently at a loss myself! I'd also appreciate any other takes from you all. When does the U.S. government post the interest rate for federal loans for the 2020-21 school year?

8 minutes ago, SodiumLight said:

Fellow Fulbright scholarship recipients, @spnfiim, @Anathema, @galaxymega, please post if you get to know anything from your country office.

Nothing thus far. Tried calling them -- straight to voicemail. I guess it will be on Monday if not later..