Columbia SIPA MPA 2020

shrishti

On 12/2/2019 at 9:35 PM, keurimja said:

Good luck everyone! I heard Early Action decisions for the MPA program are scheduled to be released late December/early January. Can anyone confirm this?

Reading this forum for the last few years it looks like people start getting decisions in mid December 

Programs applied (fall 2020): MPA-ID (HKS), MPA (WWS), MPA (SIPA), MPP (Ford)

Undergraduate (2004-07): University of Delhi, India (among top academic institutions in India)

Grade: No grades for this course; I underperformed in my undergrad becase of compelling financial constraints- 53% marks in absolute.

Undergrad Major: Economics Honours (entire course was focused on Economics only; we did not study anything else)

Graduation (2010-12): MBA from India's best MBA brand-IIM

GPA- 8.4/10 (Goldmedalist)

GRE Quant: 169

GRE Verbal: 155

GRE AW- 4.0

TOEFL: 110 (R-29, L-28, W-27, S-26)

Recipient of Foreign Fulbright Fellowship

Exp: Working with the Reserve Bank of India (Federal bank) for the last 7+ years; Joined as Manager- worked extensively in Financial Inclusion and Development planning. I played an instrumental role in bringing millions of underprivileged Indians in the fold of financial inclusion. I have highlighted this in my 'leadership' essay in HKS application. 

Besides, I also run my venture in reforming school-education in rural pockets of India, since 2015. Donated more than 60% of my salary for this cause and invested about 50000 USD to reform the education. I was invited as TEDx speaker for this initiative. My State Government requested RBI Governor to send me on deputation as Director (Education). During six months under this assignment, I have submitted 50-points reform agenda for the State of Uttar Pradesh which has population of 230 million people and more than 100000 schools.

I also founded a social responsibility club in IIM (MBA days) to fund the education of tribal children.

I have also worked extensively for polio-prevention and bringing vulnerable sex-workers into mainstream society. 

Strengths: Fulbright Fellow; Good academic record except undergrad (was state topper during school-days, and goldmedalist in MBA); Good quant score in GRE; Rich diversity in experience; Strong commitment for serving the humanity at large

LOR: Two references from Chief General Managers (respectably senior positions) in RBI and one recommendation from Director of my MBA college.

Edited by spnfiim

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Mr. Jameson said:

Just got accepted for the MPA-DP. There was no information on funding though. DId anyone else get a financial award?

Just got my acceptance as well. No word on funding, but it mentions that I should hear in the next few weeks, so who knows.

It didn't say, it just was in the scholarship letter which is different than the acceptance letter. At the bottom of your account it says "The following letters are available for this account:" and one of them is for acceptance and the other is the scholarship one. Hopefully that is helpful!