Columbia SIPA MPA 2020

shrishti

2 hours ago, Zendetta said:

I think all SIPA results are going to be released at once. 

What do you mean by "down"? You mean less than usual?

Yes - less than previous years, meaning a smaller application pool. Although its nothing too drastic, only 5% i believe. Anything helps though :) 

9 minutes ago, LazarusRises said:

The waiting is just brutal. I did some digging and found the first posts reporting results in each year's SIPA MPA admissions thread:

2019: 3/11, 6:30 PM EST

2018: 3/9, 3:43 PM EST

2017: 3/10, 11:36 AM EST

2016: 3/7, 5:24 PM EST

In other words, it could be literally any minute. Boy am I glad I spent my time on that, it's helped me calm down exactly none. 

For what it's worth, I appreciate you doing that research.

8 minutes ago, LazarusRises said:

The waiting is just brutal. I did some digging and found the first posts reporting results in each year's SIPA MPA admissions thread:

2019: 3/11, 6:30 PM EST

2018: 3/9, 3:43 PM EST

2017: 3/10, 11:36 AM EST

2016: 3/7, 5:24 PM EST

In other words, it could be literally any minute. Boy am I glad I spent my time on that, it's helped me calm down exactly none. 

Because i am also insane and procrastinating at work, i looked it up and found that each of those dates is either the first friday of March or the following monday... meaning SIPA is *gasp* later in releasing decisions than they have been in the past 4 years. 

1 minute ago, Mich3909 said:

Because i am also insane and procrastinating at work, i looked it up and found that each of those dates is either the first friday of March or the following monday... meaning SIPA is *gasp* later in releasing decisions than they have been in the past 4 years. 

Noticed the same... Hopefully we hear today.

I keep refreshing this page and my email like crazy! Like some of you have pointed out, this is unusual of SIPA since they announced the decision earlier in the past. Fingers crossed it will be today! I don't think I can sleep tonight (it's almost midnight where I am!) 

Edited by carriposa22

6 minutes ago, amr2020 said:

Is there any chance they update the portal without ever sending an email? That's how Wagner did it a couple weeks ago.

Yes, absolutely. The sign that decisions are about to be released is usually when the checklist disappears. In my experience with other schools, the email gets sent within a couple hours after the portal is updated. The fastest way to know is to check the portal (or here because people will definitely say something).

Just now, thediesel said:

Yes, absolutely. The sign that decisions are about to be released is usually when the checklist disappears. In my experience with other schools, the email gets sent within a couple hours after the portal is updated. The fastest way to know is to check the portal (or here because people will definitely say something).

I was accepted in the early round and my checklist is still present, FWIW (though it may disappear once the remainder of notifications are sent).

Just now, QP6161 said:

I was accepted in the early round and my checklist is still present, FWIW (though it may disappear once the remainder of notifications are sent).

What time did they send those out, do you remember? Sorry so anxious lol

Just now, QP6161 said:

That is a good data point to know. All the other schools that use the same application system (Yale, Johns Hopkins SAIS, etc.) that I've encountered tend to hide the checklist before releasing. I guess hiding the checklist is not a requirement.

4 minutes ago, amr2020 said:

What time did they send those out, do you remember? Sorry so anxious lol

Totally feel you there. It was on 12/18 (a Weds.) at 7:45p EST. Still waiting to hear on aid, so I can share in the nerves (albeit probably to a lesser degree).

12 minutes ago, thediesel said:

That is a good data point to know. All the other schools that use the same application system (Yale, Johns Hopkins SAIS, etc.) that I've encountered tend to hide the checklist before releasing. I guess hiding the checklist is not a requirement.

Yup, very possible they disappear once they send out all decisions, though. May just be how they treat the portal for the early notification round.

1 minute ago, QP6161 said:

Totally feel you there. It was on 12/18 (a Weds.) at 7:45p EST. Still waiting to hear on aid, so I can share in the nerves (albeit probably to a lesser degree).

Thanks so much. Good luck! Fingers crossed you get the aid :)

3 minutes ago, QP6161 said:

While we're desperately digging for scraps of information - did you receive the email or notice the change to your portal at 7:45 PM? 

EDIT: Thanks for indulging us frantic balls of stress :)

Edited by LazarusRises

Just now, LazarusRises said:

While we're desperately digging for scraps of information - did you receive the email or notice the change to your portal at 7:45 PM? 

Laughed out loud. I feel this so hard.

I got the email at 7:43pm est for the early notification round. 

5 minutes ago, LazarusRises said:

2 minutes ago, LazarusRises said:

Lol I got an email saying my decision was ready and to check the portal, but I wasn't checking the portal at the time and suspect it may have been up for a bit before I got the email (that's been my experience elsewhere from similarly furiously updating portals during business hours). Wasn't expecting it at night and had just poured myself a whiskey and was firing up Star Wars. You know, that whole thing about a watched pot..

6 minutes ago, QP6161 said:

Lol I got an email saying my decision was ready and to check the portal, but I wasn't checking the portal at the time and suspect it may have been up for a bit before I got the email (that's been my experience elsewhere from similarly furiously updating portals during business hours). Wasn't expecting it at night and had just poured myself a whiskey and was firing up Star Wars. You know, that whole thing about a watched pot..

Roger that, I know exactly what you mean. Both my previous acceptances came in at night after I'd given up on the infinite-refresh cycle. Would that I could make myself do that now...

6 minutes ago, AndresFML said:

Guys, I was admitted during the early action but still my stress is at dangerous levels. I keep refreshing this forum every 20 minutes from my office... BTW, thank you for all the info you’ve shared, it’s made my wait a little easier. 

Same here...

Guys, I got to know that admission results of MPA-EPM (SIPA)  have already been declared yesterday. It is confirmed and I have seen result of a close friend myself. So, in all likelihood, expect the MPA results today at its regular time.