Columbia SIPA MPA 2020

shrishti

4 minutes ago, LazarusRises said:

Ah sorry, for some reason I thought you meant Columbia SIPA (probably because it's all that's on my mind right now). I see from your signature that that's not the case. 

Not yet! Their website says mid-March, so I fear we'll have to wait another couple of weeks ?

The signature is from 3 years ago when I was on a different career path. I did apply to SIPA 

On 12/19/2019 at 7:46 PM, Chestnutsong said:

My application is deferred to the next round and will be considered with the full pool :( Anyone also in the same situation? Is there any chance to be admitted?

Oh! In that case, congrats on your acceptance. I'm going to firmly commit to the thought that you got an early letter, confirmed by the fact that there are no other acceptances on the Results page since the early action crowd. There is still hope, SIPA applicants! 

Hi guys. I am also awaiting the results for SIPA MPA but until then can I know all y'all views on the Duke MPP.  As per my search it is one of the top ranked programs but not a lot of people I have seen on the forums have applied there. can anyone comment on this.

1 hour ago, breakfastpie said:

Columbia just cancelled all classes for the week due to a person on campus having been exposed to COVID-19 https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/08/nyregion/columbia-classes-canceled-coronavirus.html

Ugh I hope this doesn't delay them releasing decisions. I'm waiting for them to release scholarship information. Has anyone heard back?

6 hours ago, polapp20 said:

Ugh I hope this doesn't delay them releasing decisions. I'm waiting for them to release scholarship information. Has anyone heard back?

I'm still waiting on a decision in the first place! Really there's no reason why this should delay anything, all the decisions are already made & they just have to send them out at this point. Fingers crossed they have it on a timer like the other 2 places I applied to.

17 minutes ago, Mich3909 said:

Do we think SIPA MIA and MPA are on the same schedule? BTW I heard applications were down this year so thats good for us!!

I think all SIPA results are going to be released at once. 

What do you mean by "down"? You mean less than usual?

19 minutes ago, Mich3909 said:

Do we think SIPA MIA and MPA are on the same schedule? BTW I heard applications were down this year so thats good for us!!

I imagine all the SIPA decisions will be released at the same time. The thread for Harvard Kennedy School (HKS) has data that shows SIPA usually releases before Princeton WWS and HKS, which would mean today or tomorrow. Columbia is preparing to begin online classes though, so it's difficult to know if admissions decisions will be affected.

The waiting is just brutal. I did some digging and found the first posts reporting results in each year's SIPA MPA admissions thread:

2019: 3/11, 6:30 PM EST

2018: 3/9, 3:43 PM EST

2017: 3/10, 11:36 AM EST

2016: 3/7, 5:24 PM EST

In other words, it could be literally any minute. Boy am I glad I spent my time on that, it's helped me calm down exactly none. 

Edited by LazarusRises